Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Artists  (Read 482492 times)
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2009, 02:37PM »

I'm not sure if other members have said this or not but I like Michael Buble.  He's very talented. Smiley
My little sister loves him!

I like him, too!  I love Frank Sinatra, and he sings a lot of his songs!!  And, Bobby Darin!!!  All awesome singers!!!! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2009, 03:03PM »

Have any of you heard of Dierks Bentley's version of Distant Shore?

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2010, 09:03AM »

Have any of you heard of Dierks Bentley's version of Distant Shore?

Yep. He has a amazing voice. The first time I saw the link to the video I thought: 'did their exists more versions of Órla's Distant Shore?' Luckily not, but both are amazing  Cheesy
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52AM »

How about Edith Piaf anyone?  Last year, a friend of mine was taking a french course and was required to watch a movie to write a paper on.  The professor had picked a few movies they had to choose from.  One of them was La Vie En Rose.  Well, my friend asked Kris and I if we'd watch it with him, and we did.  It was really good and I absolutely loved the music!!  So, just recently, I bought the soundtrack off of iTunes.  Most of the recordings they used in the movie were really Edith Piaf's recordings.  My favorite song is La Vie En Rose, followed closely by Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien.  The whole soundtrack is amazing, and I have seen plenty of albums for Edith Piaf in case you'd rather have those.  I would recommend the movie, though--it was really interesting!!!

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2010, 11:55AM »

How about Edith Piaf anyone?
The Little Sparrow.  One of my all time favorites.  All 4' 8" of her.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2010, 11:57AM »

How about Edith Piaf anyone?
The Little Sparrow.  One of my all time favorites.  All 4' 8" of her.   Cheesy

CW will always be my number one, but Edith Piaf is right up there!!!   Grin

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2010, 04:43PM »

I'm not sure if anyone here would have heard of AOTA, but I like them. There's no link I can give because they're a local band and I know most of the members personally. I also like Billy Joel, Taylor Swift, Enya, Celtic Thunder, and others but none so much as Celtic Woman members or former members.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2010, 10:29AM »

When I was watching video's of 'Beautiful World', I was besides Órlagh, not impressed. Jim Brickman is a good musician, but also a business-man, he knows what sells and his music has a slick, commercial look. The other singers were nice, but not really impressive. Expect for two, Órlagh afcourse  Cheesy, but there was one male singer who immediately caught my attention, Mark Masri. He writes a lot of his own music, and his seems to be a sweet, kind and modest gentleman. I've never heard a more heartbraking and stunning male voice than his... although I think he's mostly popular by girls and women, anyway, you should check him out  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUIGOqhons

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2010, 12:35PM »

Celtic Woman will always be my number one too but, here's a blast from the past. Last night I listened to:

Grand Funk Railroad ~ Grand Funk ~ 1969 (their second album, the "Red Album". A side note: Don Brewer was one of the most under-rated drummers ever).
Black Sabbath ~ Black Sabbath ~ 1970 (their first album by the same name).
Lou Reed ~ Rock And Roll Animal ~ 1973
Robin Trower ~ Bridge Of Sighs ~ 1974 (He was with Procol Harum earlier on in his musical career but left in 1971 to start his on band).

Now we're talking about Rock here in the neighborhood of 40 years old. But that's the music I listened to when I was a kid. Now though, needless to say, it does sound quite dated. Doesn't have quite that same 'kick' it had 40 years ago. I grew up listening to (besides my mom and dad's Country Music, which we as kids, hated) The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, Joplin (Janis), Mountain, Ten Years After, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention, Steppenwolf, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, The Moody Blues, ZZ Top, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Blood Sweat and Tears, The Hollies and of course The Eagles, The Allman Bros Band (still one of my favorites), Poco (still one of my favorites) Marshall Tucker Band, Pure Prairie League, to name but a few. And of course, Fleetwood Mac. One of my all-time favorite bands.

NOW I listen to, let's see umm, Celtic Woman and Celtic Woman and, oh yeah and Celtic Woman  Wink. But seriously, my taste in music has changed over the past 40 years or so. Now I love Enya, Sarah Brightman, Cora Smyth (plus Amy, Una and Helen). But also Symphony and Orchestra and Choral, etc and I've come to love the harp (thanks Orla), the oboe (thanks to one David Agnew) the french horn, the violin and cello, ect. And thus, the Rock and Roll from years gone by has (now) taken a back seat, I'm afraid. Since discovering Celtic Woman, that Rock and Roll from 40 years ago, just doesn't have the same appeal anymore. But that's okay. I'm happy. Celtic Woman folks. I'm happy.

... Bill
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:33PM by CWFan2 » Logged

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2010, 07:20PM »

I LOVE Judy Collins! My fav song of hers is Anathea.  It's Beautifully Haunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2hHNDy7JvM

Chris R has also recently introduced me to Emmylou Harris Smiley

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Inga
« Reply #340 on: January 24, 2010, 10:36AM »

but there was one male singer who immediately caught my attention, Mark Masri. He writes a lot of his own music, and his seems to be a sweet, kind and modest gentleman. I've never heard a more heartbraking and stunning male voice than his... although I think he's mostly popular by girls and women, anyway, you should check him out  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUIGOqhons

He is great.

CurlyandGreen

« Reply #341 on: January 24, 2010, 10:59AM »

I'm a fan of Old Crow Medicine Show, Nickel Creek, Alison Krauss, etc.  I really love bluegrass!

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2010, 11:35AM »

musicals, carrie underwood, taylor swift, gloriana, josh groban
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:30PM by Iluvcelticwoman » Logged

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2010, 12:21PM »

Besides Celtic Woman there's Celtic Thunder, Clannad, Enya, Sarah Birghtman, Josh Groban (Chloe's also a fan) Il Divo, Nat King Cole, Russell Watson, Simon and Garfunkel and Yo-yo Ma

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2010, 12:33PM »

I don't always agree with her politics, but there's no denying that Barbra Streisand can carry a tune!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: