Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Artists  (Read 482498 times)
Inga
« Reply #420 on: August 30, 2010, 01:25AM »

David Garrett goes Hollywood and will play a role in a movie about Antonio Vivaldi and the soundtrack for the movie.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:55AM by Inga » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #421 on: August 30, 2010, 08:04AM »

David Garrett goes Hollywood and will play a role in a movie about Antonio Vivaldi and the soundtrack for the movie.
 Not much of a surprise......better enjoy him on PBS now....he`ll probably have a rinestone encrusted violin.... Grin

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Inga
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56AM »

David Garretts has a new PBS Special, DVD and Album

Rock Symphonies: Live on a Summer Night

The album debuted on the Billboard Classic Charts at No. 2.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:37AM by Inga » Logged
Jack

« Reply #423 on: September 08, 2010, 07:11AM »

One more by Lea Salonga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wmVDgO_UI&feature=related

Amazing performer, amazing voice, great song.  Don't know why it "did not make the cut".

Jack
Inga
« Reply #424 on: September 14, 2010, 01:54AM »

David Garretts has a new PBS Special, DVD and Album

Rock Symphonies: Live on a Summer Night

Beethoven's 5th from the album can be downloaded on Amazon.de for free

www.amazon.de/The-5th/dp/B00419NL52/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1284450364&sr=8-2

If someone is interested in classic-pop-rock music.  Wink
Rainbow Joy

« Reply #425 on: September 17, 2010, 04:16PM »

Everyone should check out Canadian Tenors. I saw them recently on Oprah. They sang "Hallelujah". I've heard many different covers of that song, however the Canadian Tenors sing it better than anyone else, hands down. Then again, if Josh Groban ever records the song, it may be a tie. I love Josh too. By the way, Josh has a new CD coming out in November. It's called "Illuminations". So be on the lookout for that. The first single "Hidden Away" is being played on radio as of earlier this week. If I were to post about all my favorite artists, it would take from now to Christmas, (at least), so I won't ramble on too much longer, except to say that "Symphony" and "Winter Symphony", as well as anything else by Sarah Brightman is worth listening to. If I heard correctly, a new CD by Neil Diamond is to be released as well, in the near future. Seems there's lots of good things to look forward to! Smiley

"Rainbow Joy"

"There's a rainbow somewhere
And you were born to be there,
But you're just running in circles
Til you reach out your hand
To the King of Hearts".

Randy Stonehill
Inga
« Reply #426 on: September 18, 2010, 01:24AM »

Josh Groban's new song is really awesome.
Rainbow Joy

« Reply #427 on: September 18, 2010, 08:13PM »

Josh Groban's new song is really awesome.

So is Josh Groban! Wink As my Aunt would say, "He's real easy on the eyes" too! Smiley I hope, at some point in time, that he records a song with Chloe.

"Rainbow Joy"

"There's a rainbow somewhere
And you were born to be there,
But you're just running in circles
Til you reach out your hand
To the King of Hearts".

Randy Stonehill
MaryNorth93
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2010, 03:29PM »

Maybe THK-forum is a more appropriate place to post this topic, but I was just wondering how many CW-fans listen to them as well. I've really come to love them, such an lively and great group  Grin
Mariko
Honorary Roadie

Lisa Kelly ^_^

« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2010, 04:50PM »

I do, I do!! I really love The High Kings, if you ever watch their videos on youtube or just listen to them, they're a lot of fun. I've come love just about every song that they sing, mostly since I really love that stuff!! I have to say, Darren is quite the hottie...lol. Shame he's married. Roll Eyes

If you want to watch their videos (as seen on their DVD), here's a url you should check: http://www.youtube.com/user/brendanheard.

Thanks Evi & Alexa for my amazing banners!! Kiss
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #430 on: September 27, 2010, 05:09PM »

THK are an extremely talented group of musicians - and great guys to boot! I had the pleasure of attending one of their concerts in Philadelphia and meeting them beforehand. They couldn't have been nicer.

I know they were recently in the States for several shows. I am hoping they will come back for another tour in the not too distant future. Looks like they will be busy in their homeland of Ireland during October and November.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #431 on: September 27, 2010, 06:10PM »

I do, I do!! I really love The High Kings, if you ever watch their videos on youtube or just listen to them, they're a lot of fun. I've come love just about every song that they sing, mostly since I really love that stuff!! I have to say, Darren is quite the hottie...lol. Shame he's married. Roll Eyes

If you want to watch their videos (as seen on their DVD), here's a url you should check: http://www.youtube.com/user/brendanheard.

Thanks so much for that link!  I didn't know The High Kings had a youtube page!!  I have now subscribed!  And, I really want to start listening to them more!  I know they are good-- I've listened to a few songs, and I really liked them!! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Mariko
Honorary Roadie

Lisa Kelly ^_^

« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2010, 08:51PM »

Katharine - You're so welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed!! Smiley

Susan - I'm a little jealous!! Aha, but I'm glad they keep that Irish reputation of being so wonderful!! I believe they do have a tour for the states planned. If you ever read Darren's notes on facebook or blog on MySpace, "Memory Schedule" is slated for a Feb (I believe) 2011 release with a tour. I'm beyond excited!!

Everyone should check out Canadian Tenors. I saw them recently on Oprah. They sang "Hallelujah". I've heard many different covers of that song, however the Canadian Tenors sing it better than anyone else, hands down. Then again, if Josh Groban ever records the song, it may be a tie. I love Josh too. By the way, Josh has a new CD coming out in November. It's called "Illuminations". So be on the lookout for that. The first single "Hidden Away" is being played on radio as of earlier this week. If I were to post about all my favorite artists, it would take from now to Christmas, (at least), so I won't ramble on too much longer, except to say that "Symphony" and "Winter Symphony", as well as anything else by Sarah Brightman is worth listening to. If I heard correctly, a new CD by Neil Diamond is to be released as well, in the near future. Seems there's lots of good things to look forward to! Smiley
Rainbow, you're my new favourite person, aha!! I'm so glad someone else is a big fan of The Canadian Tenors. I saw them that on Oprah & they blew me away. While people have called them "cheap Il Divo knockoffs", I believe the opposite is true. While they may have a bit opera/classical in them, they're quite a bit quieter than Il Divo.. which I enjoy. And well... they're all super-cute too!

Thanks Evi & Alexa for my amazing banners!! Kiss
ina

« Reply #433 on: September 28, 2010, 02:33AM »

Loreena will bring out a new album in November with the name "The Wind that Shakes the Barley"

From her newsletter:

In a stirring and inspirational return to her roots, Loreena McKennitt has created a new album of traditional Celtic songs, recorded this summer in a historic 1832 temple north of Toronto.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley features nine songs, including such familiar classics as "Down by the Sally Gardens," "The Star of the County Down" and "The Parting Glass." The album also features a few lesser-known favourites, including "The Death of Queen Jane" and "As I Roved Out." There are also two instrumental tracks, one of which was written by Loreena to commemorate Irish-Canadian history during the potato famine of the 1840s.

"Every once and again there is a pull to return to one's own roots or beginnings, with the perspective of time and experience, to feel the familiar things you once loved and love still," says Loreena.

The album, which is offered as a CD, a download and on vinyl, will begin its release this fall and continue into 2011.

Track listing:
1 -   As I Roved Out
2 - On a Bright May Morning
3 - Brian Boru’s March
4 - Down By the Sally Gardens
5 - The Star of the County Down
6 - The Wind that Shakes the Barley
7 - The Death of Queen Jane
8 - The Emigration Tunes
9 - The Parting Glass

You can hear the new tracks (short clips) here:

http://quinlanroad.com/explorethemusic/thewindthatshakesthebarley.asp

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #434 on: September 28, 2010, 11:19AM »

Loreena will bring out a new album in November with the name "The Wind that Shakes the Barley"

From her newsletter:

In a stirring and inspirational return to her roots, Loreena McKennitt has created a new album of traditional Celtic songs, recorded this summer in a historic 1832 temple north of Toronto.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley features nine songs, including such familiar classics as "Down by the Sally Gardens," "The Star of the County Down" and "The Parting Glass." The album also features a few lesser-known favourites, including "The Death of Queen Jane" and "As I Roved Out." There are also two instrumental tracks, one of which was written by Loreena to commemorate Irish-Canadian history during the potato famine of the 1840s.

"Every once and again there is a pull to return to one's own roots or beginnings, with the perspective of time and experience, to feel the familiar things you once loved and love still," says Loreena.

The album, which is offered as a CD, a download and on vinyl, will begin its release this fall and continue into 2011.

Track listing:
1 -   As I Roved Out
2 - On a Bright May Morning
3 - Brian Boru’s March
4 - Down By the Sally Gardens
5 - The Star of the County Down
6 - The Wind that Shakes the Barley
7 - The Death of Queen Jane
8 - The Emigration Tunes
9 - The Parting Glass

You can hear the new tracks (short clips) here:

http://quinlanroad.com/explorethemusic/thewindthatshakesthebarley.asp

Pardon my excitement, but:
LOREENA'S COMING OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM?!?!?! Shocked Cheesy Grin  What exciting news!  Heading to the website right now to listen to those clips.  I'll definitely be buying it. Wink
Katharine - You're so welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed!! Smiley

Susan - I'm a little jealous!! Aha, but I'm glad they keep that Irish reputation of being so wonderful!! I believe they do have a tour for the states planned. If you ever read Darren's notes on facebook or blog on MySpace, "Memory Schedule" is slated for a Feb (I believe) 2011 release with a tour. I'm beyond excited!!

And yet, even more exciting news!  If they do come to the states next year, I'll do anything I can to see a show.

Thanks ladies, you made my entire day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: