Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Artists  (Read 482699 times)
n3sjh

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it!

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2007, 02:22AM »

Just got back from the American Idol 2007 tour here in Baltimore on the 19th. The tickets that I bought were put back into the pool at the last minuite by the promoter (according to the keeper of the Ticketmaster outlet). So I bought 6 for my guest plus good friend, his wife, daughter and her friend (daughter and friend are in early teens).

He told me that these are really good seats because you get a clear view of the action from the right side of the stage and look down. I get there and sit in my seat and realize I am staring into stage structure and can't see a darn thing (I am 6 ft-2), pe-oed I move to 2 unoccupied seats with a better view, leaving these 2 supposedly premium seats empty. Oh Well... Angry

The show starts and the place is filled with screamming fans and we watch the action that is taking place 50 ft away in the center of the stage. At least I get to watch the show.  Smiley

A few minuites go by and something strange happens; Blake Lewis the Runner Up leaves the center of the stage and heads to the far end of the structure, I am thinking "what is he doing down there"? I see hands reaching up on the other side and he is reaching down. Then he comes over to our side and the girls are standing because they need to to see over the stage structure, he just reaches over and grabs their hands and sings away. The girls go balistic (sp). Then it dawns on me "Holly Mother of God!!! I just bought the absolute best seats in this entire venue", save the comparables on the other side and I am watching my friend's daughter and her friend just become part of the show (you can't dream of this happening). This process repeats itself through out the whole night. Shocked

I could have returned to my assigned seat (or asked by security) and everytime the talent came by (about 20 times that night) I would be on camera and expected to greet them while they are performing and be part of the show. Gives way new meaning to "Meet and Greet". From the second row I was able to shake hands with Blake Lewis and Melinda Doolittle effortlessly and when winner Jordin Sparks came by there was no problem looking right at her and give a big smile of approval. Cheesy

Speaking of security, before the halfway point, security stepped in and blocked our area off to keep other fans from stepping on us when the talent would come by. Imagine not only the best seats in the venue, but your own security detail to make sure you are treated like a VIP and get to do the laborious task of not just watching the show, but being in it!.

Where am I going with all this? CW fans some of you will now be dreamming what would happen if they ever set up a stage configuration like I describe for AI 2007. Just imagine every song having to greet your ladies where you are not feet, but inches from them, where they reach out to you while singing, and best of all you were assigned that seat(s)!!!

Very tired will edit some more later, very sweet dreams forum members. Wink

News flash, just found out that CW. will be at the First Mariner Arena (go figure) on March 8th 2008 (or is is 2009). I can't help but wonder (or at least dream) how they will have the stage configured? Roll Eyes
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=1875.0

Scott Meenen
Laurel Md

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:38PM by n3sjh » Logged

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead.

Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 12:49PM »

wow Scott ,

what a mouth full any more and we would have to set
you up with a publisher...

see ya later

dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Truffle Fairy

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2007, 09:47PM »

Has anyone listened to Milla Jovovich (model/actress/designer) ? You wouldn't think that a model turned actress (She starred in the Fifth Element, and the Resident Evil movies) would produce an album worth listening to. However, her 1994 album "The Divine Comedy" was actually VERY good, and recieved critical aclaim.
She has a lovely versatile, soft yet rich voice. The music is mostly accoustic, and very unique, mixing pop with Ukranian folk influences (she was born in the Ukraine)

I'm telling you, it is gorgeous music (even has a little Irish folk feel to several songs) and you should check it out!!

She's cool I did't know she sang.Is it anything like bjork
she kind of reminds me of her a little bitt
I'll have  to check it out

thanks

dave

Hmm....I guess I wouldn't say she's like Bjork (whom I also really like)  Bjork is more trip hop/electronica/alternative.....she has a very unique creative style, that's for sure. Milla's album is more like folk and pop fusions. It's been compared to Kate Bush and Tori Amos.

~Jess
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 05:53AM »

thanks jess ill check her cd out if I can find it
I have several of her movies she's cool

thanks
dave
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:57AM by Capn Davey » Logged

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 03:56PM »

I'm a big fan of k.d. lang, but I can only listen to her when my brother's not in the room. Sad
Let's see, I also love Linkin Park, Josh Groban, The Beatles, Andrea Bocelli, Rockapella, Halo (Grin), PP&M...
Yeah, I'm weird. Wink
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:59PM by Rtas 'Vadum » Logged

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2007, 05:05PM »

Hmm....I guess I wouldn't say she's like Bjork (whom I also really like)  Bjork is more trip hop/electronica/alternative.....she has a very unique creative style, that's for sure. Milla's album is more like folk and pop fusions. It's been compared to Kate Bush and Tori Amos.

~Jess

I did not know she did any music. I will have to check it out. I was once very interested in her, but that sort of rapidly declined after watching the one Joan of Arc movie she did. I viewed it and the other one starring LeeLee Sobewiski (bad spelling) at the same time and compared. I just didnt think the acting in Milla's version was as good.  Not just her's but the others as well. She was great in resident evil though except for the one scene / line "My name.. is Alice..<eye roll>..and I remember..everything"

Has she ever toured in any way as a singer? Or just done the one album as maybe an experiement to see if she might have potential to pursue music?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2007, 05:36PM »

Just happened to stumble across this little item.  Since we love beautiful, classy and talented singers  so much - today is the birthday of the incomparable Julie Andrews.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
melle mel

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2007, 10:53PM »

The other day I bought a newly-released LP from Argentinian-born Swedish singer-songwriter Jose Gonzalez. He came on to the scene a couple years ago with his acoustic cover of electronica duo The Knife's Heartbeats, first featured in a TV ad for Sony (see it here), and his debut album Veneer was highly regarded by many. His new album, In Our Nature, continues Jose's stripped-down, intimate acoustic sets with insightful lyrics and adding mild percussion and other sound sound elements throughout. One standout track is an intense acoustic cover of Massive Attack's Teardrop that only Jose can perfect.

Oh yes, Jose himself will be rolling into my town and I will be seeing him live in person this coming Sunday. I'm really stoked.

Check him out: http://www.myspace.com/josegonzalez

melle mel

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09PM »

Yeah, and British rock-band Radiohead will release a new album next week. What's the big deal? Fans will get to choose how much they will pay for the new album, or not even pay at all. Practically they are giving-away their album for free via MP3 download from their site.

Since the band is no longer signed to a major record label, they can sell directly to their fans and are in full control.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2007, 09:22AM »

Amy Rivard has just posted the following bulletin on MySpace:

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I just wanted to say thanks again for all of your support. I apologize that I am not able to respond personally to all of your wonderful emails. I have been on holiday and have just returned home. Upon returning home, my inbox was overloaded! Additionally, I have some bad news, as I have returned home only to find out that my website amyrivard.com may have disappeared forever. The server crashed and the files cannot be found. I know a number of you have been spreading the word around about me and directing people to my site. FOR THAT I TRULY THANK YOU!

In the meantime, I suppose the best place to direct people to would be to direct people here

www.myspace.com/amyrivardmusic
www.cdbaby.com/rivard
www.celticwoman.com
www.celticwomanforum.com

It could take months for me to get a new website online but I will keep all of you posted and thank you again for all of your support!
Amy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
ferngully
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2007, 12:09PM »

Just happened to stumble across this little item.  Since we love beautiful, classy and talented singers  so much - today is the birthday of the incomparable Julie Andrews.

what a voice that lady had. absolutely fantastic
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2007, 02:48PM »

roy buchanan - the messiah will come again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5372UztI0&mode=related&search=
penguin laminating device

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2007, 12:43AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZznZQZ6KhtU

Margrét Eir / Stefán Hilmarsson - Einn góðan dag

wunnybacon

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2007, 12:19PM »

There's a French movie called Les Choristes, or The Singers, and the boys in it I believe released an album. The soloist's name is Jean Baptiste Manuier, who has the most amazing voice I've ever heard in my life. Here is one scene from the movie, featuring Jean Baptiste. "La Nuit."

One of my favorite artists is Rufus Wainwright. Probably his most famous song is his cover version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." I could give you a biography, but I'll just give you a Wikipedia article instead.
Here is a particularly moving performance of "Hallelujah."

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2007, 12:16PM »

Great little interview/video from Luan Parle, courtesy of Balcony TV in Dublin. I love this girl's vibrato!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMcO5u_qD8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: