Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: French album "An Irish Journey"  (Read 28804 times)
stephany

« on: September 04, 2011, 03:49AM »

The new audio single "The Water is Wide" is now being broadcasted on the French radio to promote Celtic Woman's upcoming concert in Paris on September 23rd.

You can listen to an audio excerpt on this website : http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Celtic-Woman/news-74883.html
It sounds really good! Cheesy
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:15AM »

Oh My God , can't wait to hear the whole song.

A moderator should move it in the Believe's board ?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:20AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 04:31AM »

It's even better than the ones on all the solo albums and that's saying something. I'm so glad it's a group number.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 04:51AM »

Wow, that sounds fantastic!! Thanks for posting.

Music Girl
Honorary Roadie

Do The Things You Love And You Will Live A Dream

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:42AM »

WOW! Sounds good! Real Celtic Woman Style.
But I still prefer Chloë's Version.

MaryNorth93
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:49AM »

Amazing! So glad they made it a group-song, since my favorite solo-version is still done by Órlagh. Really well done.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 08:16AM »

If I'm not mistaken, they've also changed the tune around a bit. It sounds different, somehow strange (not meant in a bad way though).
It's still a great tune but I'd prefer it with the "original" tune.

firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 12:13PM »

I´ve uploaded it to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VngHSEa_4RY

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Gerard

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:01AM »

I'll try to find the time to translate the article. But it seems that they've made a few mistakes (notably implying that CW comes to France because of Nolwenn Leroy's success. Or am I inferring that?). Anyway, I'll see if I can find the time from my busy schedule to do it.
Breno

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 09:01AM »

http://www.journalmetro.com/monde/article/957736--les-sorties-de-disques-de-la-semaine--page3

“Celtic Woman, le nouveau phénomène de la musique celtique, arrive en France après avoir conquis les États-Unis et l’Allemagne. Quatre femmes irlandaises revisitent la musique celtique. Le groupe a vendu plus de 6 millions de CD et 1,2 million de DVD. “The Water is Wide”, enregistré avec la collaboration du Bagad de Lann-Bihoué, est le premier extrait de l’album “An Irish Journey” qui sortira le 3 Octobre chez EMI. Celtic Woman se produira le 23 septembre à Paris au Grand Rex.”

Breno

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:02AM »

Extract from "The Water Is Wide""
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Celtic-Woman/news-74883.html

On Amazon
http://www.amazon.fr/Irish-Journey-Celtic-Women/dp/B005EVV5RM
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:06AM by Breno » Logged
MaryNorth93
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 09:08AM »

Another sort of 'The Greatest Journey' for France. Very nice promotion  Smiley Hoping someone will upload The Water is Wide to youtube.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 09:36AM »

Another sort of 'The Greatest Journey' for France. Very nice promotion  Smiley Hoping someone will upload The Water is Wide to youtube.

I think someone already has uploaded it to youtube.

Gerard

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 10:06AM »

Only the extract. But there's something that nobody here has mentioned so far. Something that I really couldn't have hoped for: "The Water is Wide" is a collaboration with the Bagad of Lann Bihoué. And that's great news! Really great news!

To explain: in Britanny, a "bagad" (plural: bagadou) is a pipe band, featuring bagpipes, bombardes (shawns) and drums, and, well, whatever else the band can think off, really, from the biniou koz (small bagpipe) to the clarinette. And the Bagad of Lann-Bihoué is the only military pipe band in France. Formed in 1952 on the naval air force base of Lann-Bihoué, near Lorient, it's formed exclusively of sailors, and since then has grown its own traditions. For instance, it always opens the big parade at the opening of the Festival Interceltique in Lorient every august. Once it arrives at the end of the parade, each musician goes back to their own original bagad to play with their former civilian comrades.

Among their repertoire, you can find thier version of The Water is Wide here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99JKsCzKVrg

By the way, that song has known two french translation (one, "La Mer est Immense", sung by New Zealand born singer Graeme Allwright, the other, "La Ballade Nord-Irlandaise,", sung by Renaud), and a breton translation (by Gilles Servat, sung by Tri Yann).
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 10:55AM »

Only the extract. But there's something that nobody here has mentioned so far. Something that I really couldn't have hoped for: "The Water is Wide" is a collaboration with the Bagad of Lann Bihoué. And that's great news! Really great news!

To explain: in Britanny, a "bagad" (plural: bagadou) is a pipe band, featuring bagpipes, bombardes (shawns) and drums, and, well, whatever else the band can think off, really, from the biniou koz (small bagpipe) to the clarinette. And the Bagad of Lann-Bihoué is the only military pipe band in France. Formed in 1952 on the naval air force base of Lann-Bihoué, near Lorient, it's formed exclusively of sailors, and since then has grown its own traditions. For instance, it always opens the big parade at the opening of the Festival Interceltique in Lorient every august. Once it arrives at the end of the parade, each musician goes back to their own original bagad to play with their former civilian comrades.

Among their repertoire, you can find thier version of The Water is Wide here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99JKsCzKVrg

By the way, that song has known two french translation (one, "La Mer est Immense", sung by New Zealand born singer Graeme Allwright, the other, "La Ballade Nord-Irlandaise,", sung by Renaud), and a breton translation (by Gilles Servat, sung by Tri Yann).

Oooh! Shocked How interesting! Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed reading that. Smiley

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: