Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Sharpe - OMG BIG SURPRISES  (Read 16798 times)
dutchfan

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41PM »

i wish I was in Sweeden in november. =(

I'm going Breno, if i get a change to talk to Alex i will give her your greetings.(i have to make a list hehe)

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 05:50PM »

I just hate to dissapoint you all...but JB.Benson is nothing more than her agency as he is for Una. We have contacted Julian Benson and he explained: Quote: "The video is made for Alex with authorized studio material from various productions just for her promotion.  It's nothing more than a site where you can as a artist place your CV  for producents and casting agency's to see'' end Quote.
Julian Benson is a well knowed agency in Ireland for theater and musicals.

We also have to consider that the video is property of Alex herself and made espessially for her to use for promotion only, my opinion is to pay respect to that. I know you just found it on youtube and we have contacted the uploader to consider the respect and the privacy of the artists as we all try to do, i think we all do a good job in that. It was placed on the ASF forum and we contacted the poster explaining this , he understood it well and removed it.

So i'm sorry to say that we will have to wait a bit longer for a cd from Alex.

That bothers me that the uploader of this video did not state all that in the video description, because I got my hopes up for a second.

dutchfan

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 02:50AM »

The uploader most likely did'nt knew that Tiffany, so i send him a request to concider removing it. We all love Alex and are very excited when new stuff come's out of her but we need to be allert on things that simply cannot be used out of respect for the artists.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 09:07AM »

I just hate to dissapoint you all...but JB.Benson is nothing more than her agency as he is for Una. We have contacted Julian Benson and he explained: Quote: "The video is made for Alex with authorized studio material from various productions just for her promotion.  It's nothing more than a site where you can as a artist place your CV  for producents and casting agency's to see'' end Quote.

We also have to consider that the video is property of Alex herself and made espessially for her to use for promotion only, my opinion is to pay respect to that. I know you just found it on youtube and we have contacted the uploader to consider the respect and the privacy of the artists as we all try to do, i think we all do a good job in that. It was placed on the ASF forum and we contacted the poster explaining this , he understood it well and removed it.

Actually.... considering it's a demo track, and the whole point of such things is to advertize an artist, I'm kind of surprised it wasn't already on YouTube. CW (and a whole host of other artists) have never had a problem with having their videos posted to YT because of what a great advertisement it serves as. Also, the audio clips used would be the property of CW Ltd./EMI with exclusive rights granted to Alex for her personal use. Doesn't mean she owns them, just that she's being allowed to use them. Again, as CW had no problem with their material being posted to YT, and no one has heard Alex (or the agent on her behalf) say she wants it removed from YT I'm a bit perplexed as to why you think the uploader has done anything out of line with something 10s if not 100s of other CW fans have done by uploading the girls vids to the site.

aislin
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 10:45AM »

I just hate to dissapoint you all...but JB.Benson is nothing more than her agency as he is for Una. We have contacted Julian Benson and he explained: Quote: "The video is made for Alex with authorized studio material from various productions just for her promotion.  It's nothing more than a site where you can as a artist place your CV  for producents and casting agency's to see'' end Quote.

Actually.... considering it's a demo track, and the whole point of such things is to advertize an artist, I'm kind of surprised it wasn't already on YouTube. CW (and a whole host of other artists) have never had a problem with having their videos posted to YT because of what a great advertisement it serves as. Also, the audio clips used would be the property of CW Ltd./EMI with exclusive rights granted to Alex for her personal use. Doesn't mean she owns them, just that she's being allowed to use them. Again, as CW had no problem with their material being posted to YT, and no one has heard Alex (or the agent on her behalf) say she wants it removed from YT I'm a bit perplexed as to why you think the uploader has done anything out of line with something 10s if not 100s of other CW fans have done by uploading the girls vids to the site.

aislin

Thank you.

dutchfan

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 01:02PM »

I just hate to dissapoint you all...but JB.Benson is nothing more than her agency as he is for Una. We have contacted Julian Benson and he explained: Quote: "The video is made for Alex with authorized studio material from various productions just for her promotion.  It's nothing more than a site where you can as a artist place your CV  for producents and casting agency's to see'' end Quote.

aislin

Thanks for your your reply Aislin,

The video files on CW.Ltd are downloadable therefore the have no problem with youtube infact CW placed a button below the video just to do that, so they are giving permission to do so. unlike the video on JB Benson with video on Alex's page is not even downloadable, you have to use 3th party software to grab it from the site, in my opinion that means it's not for download witch mean it has to stay there, sharing a link is an other story,
Further more you mention that you are so called ''perplexed'' that i think the uploader is out of line...i have never said he's out of line, in fact, i have send him the mostly kindley message with the explaning and only to consider it, even made him a compliment on his youtube channel and to keep up the good work. and all the fans who place a video are official releases. I realy don't wanna start a hugh discussion but i think you mis understood my thoughts in this.

Henny
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:04PM by dutchfan » Logged

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 01:35PM »

Henry,

Ah, I was actually referring to the DVD rips that are uploaded to YouTube, not videos posted on CW's website. But either way, they are all still material that is copyrighted to CW Ltd. The fact that you can download it doesn’t grant you the right to post it other places. (At least here in the US where we have the DMCA.)

I’m not saying that I don’t see your point, I do, I’m just saying that once something like that is posted on the internet you can’t really expect it to stay in one place and that there is a reason artists like CW don’t waste their time fighting YouTube when their stuff get posted by other people.  Unless Alex or someone on her behalf says that she is against it being posted on YT I don’t think it is really worth worrying about.  It isn’t like they went to the trouble of hiding it behind a site login or anything, it was posted In the open for anyone to listen to.

aislin
dutchfan

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06AM »

We seem to have a different look at some things Aislin and that's okay...it get's ye( ''sharpe'' ) Grin again.
Either way Alex has left CW 18 months ago and she's still very active in this and many other forums, and that a good thing.
It show's once again how much she is loved and missed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:08AM by dutchfan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: