Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Nominees in the 2011 Irish Music Association Awards!  (Read 16770 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 01:03PM »

Ten (10) more days of voting in the 2011 IMA awards: voting ends 1/12/12 at 3 p.m. ET.  It is apparent that many of you have voted in both the public and paid member voting and you are to be commended: the CW nominees lead at this point.

Those of you who intend to vote, please do so.  For those who have not paid the $15.00 fee to join as an IMA patron, entitling you to vote in the higher-counted paid member voting, let me throw out this suggestion: in these closing days, consider joining if the voting margin gets close!  You can check it yourself on the IMA forum at any time, or in response to our outcries, which you can bet will be forthcoming if the voting gets close!

Would you consider committing to help by joining if the voting gets close?  Our appeals in the 24 hours prior to the voting deadline last year came up short and none of our nominees won, losing by a margin of only (6) paid member votes.   Embarrassed As you can see, your vote may indeed be critical at crunch time!  Smiley

beckyw

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 06:17PM »

Come on.  Let's help our girls win.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.
paladin

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 08:55PM »

Hello everyone: 
I am sorry I have not been very active this year in ralling the troops.
Starman sent me a message that kind of spurred me a bit.  I have not been on the forum for a while but just watching.    The IMA's are going to be close again.  Some of our girs and guys are behind.  I know that we have as many or more dedicated members on this site and many more you may know.  As Starman said it was only a few paid votes that made the difference last year and was in response to show us that they were as dedicated to there people as the Celtic Women Fans are to theirs.

Of course a couple of the catagories are really tough to decide who to vote for but please make your decision and vote.

A Paid Patron is about as expensive as a DVD what a gift for your favorite people to be acknolowleged for there performances.

Please take the time to go to the IMA's and vote as a free member and a paid patron. Show our people that we love and support all there hard work they put into entertaining us and making us feel good.

Thank you.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 06:35PM »

Paladin brings up a very good point  Many people are here and post out of a desire to give something back to the artists in response to the gift they have received from their performances.  Something more than just purchasing a ticket or buying a DVD. Helping them to win the awards for which they have been so deservedly nominated is something concrete we can do collectively to thank them for their gifts to us--and at little individual cost in terms of either time or money.

Will you not join us now in the waning days of this competition to do this small thing for the artists of Celtiic Woman, past and present?   Smiley

greenfire6
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 11:37AM »

There is less than a half hour left to vote!  Smiley

I "sandbagged" my paid vote until this morning.  Wink It looks like our favs are going to do very well!  Cheesy

Off topic: Top fiddle is a three horse race!  Shocked Win, Place or Show it gonna' be by a nose!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 03:54PM »

The Irish Music Association has announced the nominees for their 2011 music awards!  Celtic Woman has been nominated in the Top Traditional Performance category, as have present and past members of Celtic Woman individually!  The High Kings have also been nominated in the Top Group category!  http://www.irishmusicassociation.com/irishmusicawards/index.html

Here are the nominations in their entirety from the IMA website:

Irish Music Award Nominees for 2011  

Top Solo Performer in Concert (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Niamh Ní Charra, Méav, Michael Londra, Ryan Kelly

Top Solo Performer in a Pub Venue (US, IRE, EU, UK)
George Donaldson, Luka Bloom, Mickey Coleman, Tony Cummins

Top Duo in a Pub, Festival, Concert (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Ian Walsh and Kevin Buckley, Qristina & Quinn Bachand, The New Barleycorn, The Ryans Irish Band

Top Group (US, IRE & EU)
Gaelic Storm, Lúnasa, The Brock McGuire Band, The High Kings

Best New Irish Music Artist(s) (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Ciorras, Fieldstone, The Ryans, The Young Folk

Top Celtic Rock Band (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Barleyjuice, Roger Drawdy & the Firestarters, The Kreellers, The Roving Crows

Best Irish Tenor (individual)
Daryl Simpson, Finbar Wright, Michael Londra, Paddy Homan

Best Female Vocalist (individual/trad.)
Lisa Kelly, Méav, Órla Fallon, Siobhan Owen

Best Sean-nos Singer
Áine Meenaghan, Bríd Ní Mhaoileoin, Iarla Ó Lionáird

Top Traditional Performance Show
Celtic Woman, Kintra, Trad on the Prom, Wild Colonial Bhoys

Top Traditonal Group - In Festival, Pub & Concert
Frankie Gavin and Dedannan, McPeake, Slide, Téada

Tommy Makem Award
Enya, Máirtín de Cógáin, Mick Moloney, Tom Sweeney

Best New Irish CD
Cara - Long Distance Love
Donal McCague - Bits N Pieces
Órla Fallon - My Land
Royseven - You Say, We Say

Top Harpist (US, IRE & EU, UK)
Cormac De Barra, Kavan Donohoe, Órla Fallon, Seana Davey

Top Uilleann Piper (US, IRE, EU)
Diarmaid Moynihan, Michael "Piper" Cooney, Tiarnan O'Duinnchinn, Tommy Martin

Top Fiddle (US, IRE, EU, UK)
Caitlin Barrett, Cora Smyth, Donal McCague, Kevin Burke

Top Button Accordion (US, IRE, EU, UK)
James Keane, John Whelan, Liam O'Connor, Paddy O'Brien

Lifetime Achievement Award
Carmel Quinn, Paddy Keenan, Patrick Healy, Patsy Whelan

Hall of Fame
Phil Lynott

admin note: I went through and bolded the all the CW related names. aislin

Voting in the 2011 Irish Music Awards (IMA) is now over!  Although winners will not be officially announced until the awards ceremony on January 26, unless  the relative weighting of paid member and free member voting has changed from last year, it appears that all the Celtic Woman-related nominees have won in the categories for which they were nominated!

Celtic Woman won easily in the Top Traditional Performance Show category.  The High Kings won in the Top Group category.

In the hotly-contested Best Female Vocalist category, it appears that Lisa Kelly has won!  Fans were forced to choose in a category which included Lisa, Méav Ní Mhaolchatha  and Órla Fallon, as well as highly regarded Siobhan Owen.

Órla Fallon won in the Top Harpist and Best New Irish CD categories, garnering the most votes in both the paid member and free member voting.

Méav Ní Mhaolchatha  appears to have won in the Top Solo Performer in Concert category,  winning the majority of votes in the paid member category, although trailing Ryan Kelly in the free member voting.  

Tommy Martin won as in the top vote getter in both the free and paid member voting for Top Uilleann Piper.  

Those wishing to view the voting totals may do so at: http://irishmusicassociation.com/phpBB3/
Congratulations to the winners and all nominees in the 2011! Everyone is encouraged to watch the IMA awards live when it is streamed live on January 26, 2012 at 3 p.m CT.

Thanks especially to all who stepped up and voted this year, making it possible for our Celtic Woman related artists to win the awards we all know they so richly deserved!
 Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:28PM by Starman » Logged

MaryNorth93
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 03:57PM »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek, such good news!  Grin My three favorite women from the first CW line-up an award, including the current group and the bad-ass High Kings and Tommy  Cool
edtom

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 04:15PM »

Yay!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I love Celtic Woman
Jack

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 04:55PM »

Yaaay for "The Voice"!!  Congratulations to Lisa and all the other award winners.

Jack
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 06:13AM »

Congratulations to Lisa, Celtic Woman, The High Kings, Orla, Meav & Tommy Martin.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 10:30PM »

Congrats to our girls! Amazing as always!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 01:47PM »

YAY LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love her so much!! Cheesy

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
paladin

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 02:16PM »

Hello everyone:

I was unable to watch the IMA's and while I know who won in some catagories, dose anyone know who actually won after the announcements on the 28th.

Would you please post them

Thanks. Grin
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 05:42AM »

Here's the list of winners and below is the list of all nominee's in the categories. The video on the right is the announcement of the winners. http://www.irishmusicawards.com/

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 10:40AM »

Happy to see that our ladies did very well. Wink  (That's a bit of an understatement Grin)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: