Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Nominees in the 2011 Irish Music Association Awards!  (Read 16767 times)
greenfire6
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47AM »

Yes and "our" guys too!

Tommy Martin and The High Kings!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 10:53AM »

Hey guys,

I went ahead and merged the two IMA threads together so we weren't having 2 discussions over the same thing.

aislin
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 07:05PM »

Many thanks to those here who voted in the IMA awards this year!  It made all the difference in the world to the outcome this year for our beloved artists!  It was a shame for fans to have to choose between Celtic Woman artists nomined in the same category, most notably, Top Female Vocalist.  There was a general consensus expressed among fans that it was Lisa Kelly's "turn" this year to win this award! There was a great deal of sentiment that she should have won the award last year, given her overwhelming margin of victory in the public member voting.

Award winners cannot be nominated in successive years for the same award, so that Lisa cannot be nominated in the Top Female Vocalist category next year.  I propose that as a group we seek to nominate and support another of our Celtic Woman (present or past) female vocalists for this award.  Let's give it some thought.   Undecided

In the meantime, congratulations to the winners for these 2011 awards which we here know they so richly deserve!  It was a pleasure for us to be able to contribute to something tangible we could help give them in some measure of thanks for the great joy and pleasure they give us every day.  Kiss

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:13PM by Starman » Logged

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 11:01PM »

Great results! Congrats to all the winners, especially to all those winners and nominees who a part of David's Celtic crew!
greenfire6
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 10:31PM »

In the meantime, congratulations to the winners for these 2011 awards which we here know they so richly deserve!  It was a pleasure for us to be able to contribute to something tangible we could help give them in some measure of thanks for the great joy and pleasure they give us every day.  Kiss

Congratulations to all the winners! Especially our CW LTD girls and guys!

And I want to thank Starman and paladin. You guys are so good and faithful in tirelessly "getting the vote out" here on the Forums. I know, for you two and for all of us, it is all about the incredible artist, but I think you two "helped these victories along" again this year.  Wink

Thank you!
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 05:46AM »

Award winners cannot be nominated in successive years for the same award, so that Lisa cannot be nominated in the Top Female Vocalist category next year.  I propose that as a group we seek to nominate and support another of our Celtic Woman (present or past) female vocalists for this award.  Let's give it some thought.   Undecided
May I suggest Chloë.

edtom

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21AM »

Award winners cannot be nominated in successive years for the same award, so that Lisa cannot be nominated in the Top Female Vocalist category next year.  I propose that as a group we seek to nominate and support another of our Celtic Woman (present or past) female vocalists for this award.  Let's give it some thought.   Undecided
May I suggest Chloë.
I second that motion.

I love Celtic Woman
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 08:00PM »

May I suggest Chloë.
I second that motion.

Good idea!  I know for a fact that Chloe's name was submitted for nomination by some fans for  this year's
2011 awards
!  I suspect some fans who requested Lisa's nominaton this year may vote to nominate Chloe next year, securing her nomination in this category! 

Nominations can be made to the IMA beginning March 18--the day after St/ Paddy's Day. Bob Reeder joked that the last thing they needed on March 18 was to come in hung over to a ton of emails!  Tongue  But that is in fact the earliest date nominations for the 2012 IMA awards can be received. 

Some time exists now for us to mull over next year's nominations!  Wink Smiley

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17AM »

I'll say now that 2013 will be Lisa again!! Grin

greenfire6
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42PM »

Nominations can be made to the IMA beginning March 18--the day after St/ Paddy's Day. Bob Reeder joked that the last thing they needed on March 18 was to come in hung over to a ton of emails!  Tongue  But that is in fact the earliest date nominations for the 2012 IMA awards can be received.  

Some time exists now for us to mull over next year's nominations!  Wink Smiley

May I suggest Chloë.

I second that motion.

Chloë has been proposed and seconded for nomination to Top Female Vocalist for 2012. Now it's time for discussion...

Most of us know of Chloë's accomplishments. Although a self-confessed "rocker" at heart; as an original member of CW Chloë has done much to spread the beauty of the Irish/Celtic music around our planet. She has given longtime fans much joy in witnessing her growth and maturity as a performer and as a beautiful girl into a beautiful woman.

Now, rather suddenly, Chloë finds herself as the "senior" vocalists in the staring cast of CW for the 2012 World Tour! I predict Chloë will meet that challenge and fill that role with her unique grace and charm.

2012 is Chloë's time. Lets close ranks on Chloë and give her that nomination!  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:44PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Daantje

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 03:19AM »

Nominations can be made to the IMA beginning March 18--the day after St/ Paddy's Day. Bob Reeder joked that the last thing they needed on March 18 was to come in hung over to a ton of emails!  Tongue  But that is in fact the earliest date nominations for the 2012 IMA awards can be received.  

May I suggest Chloë.

I second that motion.

Chloë has been proposed and seconded for nomination to Top Female Vocalist for 2012. Now it's time for discussion...

Most of us know of Chloë's accomplishments. Although a self-confessed "rocker" at heart; as an original member of CW Chloë has done much to spread the beauty of the Irish/Celtic music around our planet. She has given longtime fans much joy in witnessing her growth and maturity as a performer and as a beautiful girl into a beautiful woman.

Now, rather suddenly, Chloë finds herself as the "senior" vocalists in the staring cast of CW for the 2012 World Tour! I predict Chloë will meet that challenge and fill that role with her unique grace and charm.

2012 is Chloë's time. Lets close ranks on Chloë and give her that nomination!  Smiley

Hey

I think you are right chloe deserve it as well!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20AM »

May I suggest Chloë.

I second that motion.

VERY well said! I second the motion with all my heart!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38PM »

I mentioned to Chloe in Nashville 2/3 that she had gotten some nomination votes for the 2010 IMAs and she was pleased.  I don't know how many are required to make the ballot, but she needs to be on it this year for the 2011s!  Wink Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: