Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Black is The Colour"--Is Masterwork Too Strong a Word?  (Read 12665 times)
glenn

« on: December 08, 2011, 02:09PM »

Lisa shines the brightest star in the hauntingly beautiful Black is The Colour.  Is Masterwork too strong a word to describe this piece?  For me, perhaps not.  In six years of following Celtic Woman, there are only one or two songs two which I would give the title of Masterwork.  This may be the third.  Lisa's incredible versatility and expressiveness really shine through.  Truly a singular talent.  It shows what this lady is actually capable of, and how blessed we are to have her.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47AM »

I would have to agree there!  That song was just... AWESOME!  And no, that's not too strong a word.  Hehe!  And I feel so blessed that Lisa Lambe even exists!

greenfire6
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:46PM »

Lisa shines the brightest star in the hauntingly beautiful Black is The Colour.  Is Masterwork too strong a word to describe this piece?

I think not glenn.  Wink

My only reservation is Lisa L has essentially only just begun with David Downes and Celtic Woman. There very well may be more "Masterworks" ahead of her.

What I do declare is Lisa is a beautifull and gifted woman with a soothing yet exciting voice and oodles of stage craft. The way she uses her eylids alone speaks volumes to her stunning presentations.

I think Lisa is wonderful and I can't get enough of her! I also think she is a perfect fit for Celtic Woman. (Not that Celtic Woman is a six sided box. For me Celtic Woman is more like an open ended curve).

I pray Lisa stays with the organization a good, long time. I sense by her good nature, exhibited in off stage appearances, she will.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 01:54PM »

I agree! even though I was quite sceptical of the song being in "Believe" but, I love it!  I can't wait to hear it sung live, since I uhm haven't had a chance to hear lil' lambe live yet (when it was first announced they said just "lisa" was singing it, and I was like oo Lisa kelly would do a good job with the song , like tmahm"! I am used to Ryan singing the song fearcely but then after listening to lisa's version a million time over, it just keeps getting better and better!I absolutely love it and dcan't wait to plaay it on my ipod and in my car a milllion more time before radio city!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
karinalongfllo

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:30PM »

Every time I hear this song and her voice, it just gives me chills. I mean her voice is just so pure, and I cannot stop listening to this song!!!

ilovelisakellyforlife
and also celine dion Smiley
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 10:44AM »

I loved the way she sang it, but I really don't like this song. Celtic Thunder ruined it for me.....of course, there's a slight chance Lisa will save it!

edtom

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 10:53PM »

Lisa is an amazing performer. She is equally believable as the sultry, sexy vamp on "Black is the Colour" and as the naive, wide-eyed innocent on "Teir Abhaile Riu".

I love Celtic Woman
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 12:45AM »

I noticed something on the song after the flutist does his solo I hear a sound that sounds like a doorbell,Everytime I hear it I wanna go to the door  Grin

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:45AM »

I noticed something on the song after the flutist does his solo I hear a sound that sounds like a doorbell,Everytime I hear it I wanna go to the door  Grin
I didn't notice anything, but I wonder if what your hearing is the harpist? Maybe next time you should answer the door - it might be Lil Lambe wanting to know if you like her song!! Grin Cheesy

glenn

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 05:51PM »

It's really gratifying just to see how many people feel the same way I do about this.  I'm sure LL appreciates it too.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 01:18PM »

Personally, I think this song was one of the best solos ever featured in a Celtic Woman show.  It was that good! Smiley 
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24PM »

I actually skipped over it a couple time :/ I was not into the song at first.  Love celtic thunders quicker version for a while I guess. But, after listening to it a few more times I actually think it is a gorgeous song!  It is very different and I can't wait to hear lil' lambe sing it! Well it will be my first time hearing lisa sing anything really!  Smiley I bet it will be even more amazing live!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 07:57AM »

I loved the way she sang it, but I really don't like this song. Celtic Thunder ruined it for me.....of course, there's a slight chance Lisa will save it!
Agree completely. Hopefully I won't get stoned by the Ryan Kelly fans out there, but, to me, his version was just way too over the top. I felt that Celtic Thunder was trying too hard to turn it into a rocker song and make Ryan Kelly look sexy while trying to sing it. Although, I guess, I can understand that since Celtic Thunder does seem to be geared towards appeasing the ladies.

I loved Lisa's version the best by far! I've heard a couple versions and hers tops them all. Its a very relaxing melody and Lisa sings it with a loving caress in her voice which simply makes it that much better of a song. That's one of the reasons why I've always liked Celtic Woman better than Celtic Thunder. Any songs that they share always sound better coming from CW cause the musical and vocal arrangements are more suited to the song itself.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 02:54PM »

LOL!  I think one of their songs on the christmas cd does that too!  I would walk in the snow (yes, I am an avid walker) and it would be so peaceful and quiet in my neighborhood  while listening to their christmas songs and all of a sudden I would hear a door bell! Litereally everytime and the same spot, and it is on orla's away in the manger! I would stop and turn my head  because their would be not a soul around and I randomly hear "ding"!  LOL!  I just though that was ironic!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 07:20PM »

I love how expressive Lil' Lambe is during this song. Again she shows how she loves to move around the stage when she sings. I loved that classic pose when she leans against David's piano in the middle of the song.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: