Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Black is The Colour"--Is Masterwork Too Strong a Word?  (Read 12666 times)
lynnhillaryfan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 02:42PM »

I love this song.
  In my opinion, Celtic Woman is the best thing since music and
Lisa Lambe is the best thing since Celtic Woman.

L.A. Girl

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 07:37PM »

I like both Ryan's and Lisa's versions; they can't really be compared as they are so different from one another. I can't wait to see and hear Lisa in concert. I know that I'm going to be in for a real treat!

Dianne

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 05:57PM »

I like both Ryan's and Lisa's versions; they can't really be compared as they are so different from one another. I can't wait to see and hear Lisa in concert. I know that I'm going to be in for a real treat!

Dianne

Lil' Lambe is a real treat as I have seen her twice already(Once in the Christmas concert). As much as I enjoyed this song,I have to say that I liked "A Spaceman..." even more. I think we can all agree that LL is pretty special!  Smiley  Her stage presence is captivating no matter which song she performs!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 06:10PM »

Lisa shines the brightest star in the hauntingly beautiful Black is The Colour.  Is Masterwork too strong a word to describe this piece?  For me, perhaps not.  In six years of following Celtic Woman, there are only one or two songs two which I would give the title of Masterwork.  This may be the third.  Lisa's incredible versatility and expressiveness really shine through.  Truly a singular talent.  It shows what this lady is actually capable of, and how blessed we are to have her.
  Indeed this song is a fine example of masterwork. This song runs through my head often as does her other solo.... I love our Lil' Lambe and the WAY she presents songs. Now all that being said- I might be a little biased but I think just about anything from a certain "Lark" could be considered masterpieces as well. David D. sure knows how to pick the winners!  Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 11:20AM »

I was very disappointed when "Black Is The Colour" was not included in the "Believe" concert.  Everything Lisa sings is great.
I have met her twice and she is one of the nicest and most outgoing people ever.  A true professional on and off the stage.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 05:33PM »

I was very disappointed when "Black Is The Colour" was not included in the "Believe" concert.  Everything Lisa sings is great.
I have met her twice and she is one of the nicest and most outgoing people ever.  A true professional on and off the stage.
   She didn't sing it in Minneapolis either. This was about the only down part of an otherwise wonderful and fun concert.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: