Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo Album  (Read 28796 times)
fireyred09
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:45PM »

After extremely thorough consideration, I have concluded that it is probably in the best interests of mankind for me to purchase one or more of Meav's solo albums. Being the kind and caring person that I am, I am willing to make that kind of sacrifice for the rest of you. It will be difficult, but I'll manage...

Ah, who am I kidding? I just love Meav's music! Any reviews? I've listened to snippets of "Celtic Journey," and so far I love it, but can someone who actually has it tell me about it?
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15PM »

Have not purchased Meav's yet fireyred09. Have not gotten that far just yet. In the process of being away to see CW in concert four times the past four weeks and buying ...

4 copies of LIVE AT SLANE CASTLE DVD

3 copies of the first (blue) CW DVD

3 copies of THE NEW JOURNEY CD (two of them the Deluxe Edition)

3 copies of the first CW (blue) CD

1 copy of Lisa's CD

1 copy of Orla's THE WATER IS WIDE CD

1 copy of Hayley's CELTIC TREASURE CD

and

1 copy of Hayley's DVD ...

I have not yet gotten to Meav's CDS. But rest assured, I will. That in fact, will be my next order. (I know some people who think I've quite possibly lost my mind. Fancy that)!

Peace to all ... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
fireyred09
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:20PM »

Why so many copies, Bill?  Shocked
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:26PM »

Because fireyred09 ... when it's a CD I love, I always buy at least two ... one stays in the house and one stays in my vehicle. Also, sometimes keep (another) spare on hand just in case. The DVDS, same thing, I buy two for myself (of each) so I have a spare or back up just in case and the others I have sent off to friends and family in other parts of the US. In a case like this (CELTIC WOMAN) I refuse to get 'caught short' and not have a back up, just in case. Make any sense?

Peace to all ... Bill

Why so many copies, Bill?  Shocked

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Kelsey

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:51PM »

Wow, I think you are asking a question that is impossible to answer, Katie! Smiley

On her self titled album (Meav) I especially love these songs:
1. Im a Doun
2. I Wish My Love Was a Red Red Rose
3. Since You and I Were True
4. The Death of Queen Jane
5. One I Love
Okay, before I know it, I'm going to have named off every song, so I'll just stop here.  Meav is a beautiful album, you definitely can't go wrong with it.

On Silver Sea, I especially love these songs:
1. You Brought Me Up
2. The Wicked Sister
3. Newry Boat-song
4. Port na bPuacl
Anway....once again, you can't go wrong with this CD.  Silver Sea has beautiful songs- many with a "sea" theme.  Maybe that's why it's called Silver Sea.  Cheesy

Meav also has another CD, Meav: A Celtic Journey which she released while in Celtic Woman.  It is another beautiful CD, but I don't think I'm going to list off my favorites right now.

On her CDs, Meav also sings many of the songs that she sings with Celtic Woman, such as The Last Rose of Summer, Danny Boy, She Moved Thru' the Fair, and Si do Mhaimeo I.  Meav's solo versions of these songs are also exquisite.

Keep in mind that what you hear on Meav's solo CDs is more "intimate" than what you have heard of her with CW.  There aren't tons of instrumentations.  Mostly you are just hearing Meav's voice with some background vocals and less elaborate instrumentations.  Of course, this is not a bad thing, because the more we hear Meav's voice, the better. Smiley

I know I didn't really tell you which album is better than the other, but that's mostly because there is no possible way I could choose.  Eventually, I would recommend owning both because they are beautiful!
Kelsey

musiclover

Ladies Of Love, Life, and Voice

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30PM »

I don't have any of Meavs' cds either. It is on my list of things to buy but I have to be picky on extras.

Love can not make the heart content
If the soul is restless.

copyright 1993
                    Blue Love
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 08:45PM »

I don't have any of Meavs' cds either. It is on my list of things to buy but I have to be picky on extras.
Same here. I would love to have both of them. I only have Lisa's and Mairead's solo albums.

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 08:54PM »

one suggestion BUY BUY BUY!!! they are all simply amazing!!! and i am working on reviews... so look forward to them on kelsey's site!! <3 Lauren

<3
CelticMelody

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 02:37PM »

The only one I don't have is Silver Sea and I can't find it anywhere.
Celticheart

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 02:56PM »

I used these people and recieved good service, and they have package deals at times;

http://www.regoirishrecords.com/s-73-celtic-woman.aspx

I hope this helps

Banner by Scott
CelticMelody

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 03:25PM »

Thank you. I wonder why amazon doesn't have it? Is it out of production?
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 03:28PM »

i got mine through regoirish too!! they are great!

<3
Meldy

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 03:47PM »

I went to Best Buy yesterday looking for Meav's cd but no luck, I'm going to go search for it at Borders bookstore.

Banner by:  Scott
fireyred09
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 03:56PM »

I've had a lot of luck at walmart and Barnes and Noble when searching for CW stuff.
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 04:11PM »

I have Silver Sea and have listened to her self-titled "Meav" and I love them both.  I would love to buy Celtic Journey, but I still need to buy Mairead and Chloe's solo albums!  Trust me, Meav's solos are definitely worth it.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: