Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked?  (Read 7417 times)
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« on: January 16, 2012, 08:40PM »

Earlier today when I tried to get to the forum a page popped up that said "Hacked by MAD-EviL" and stuff like that. It was an hour before I could get on the forum. Did anyone else see that page? Any clue what it's about?

RickOShea

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:48PM »

I saw that, also. I was just glad the forum was back up a couple of hours later.

ETA: I googled "hacked by M*d- Ev*l" and about seven other sites came up that was showing the same page as what I saw on here.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:50PM by RickOShea » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:26PM »

No problems expereienced here.

I think I dropped in a number of times today, both from home and work. Everything looked peachy to me.  Smiley
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01PM »

Earlier today when I tried to get to the forum a page popped up that said "Hacked by MAD-EviL" and stuff like that. It was an hour before I could get on the forum. Did anyone else see that page? Any clue what it's about?

I didn't see it either, but I'm assuming it was a host issue and that they took care of it. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll ask our host and see if they know anything about it.

aislin
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 11:33PM »

Ok, heard back from our host. Had nothing to do with us, apparently. Someone else probably had a security issue on their site which was exploited to get the hacker into the server where they went through and replaced all the index files so the sites would show the Hacked by MAD-EviL bit.

aislin
greenfire6
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:11AM »

Off topic: Ironic I guess?

Nothing to do with this Forum but I did have a strange experience today. I recieved an Email under the name of a US Army Medic I had swapped a few emails with, while she was deployed to Iraq (or was it Afghanistan?) back in 2010. It was one of those deals, you swap a couple of freindly/encouraging emails and thats normally the end of it.

So I was suspicious but curiosity got the best of me. When I opened it my 'puter went nuts with "threat blocked" and other such pop-ups. Needless to say I backed outa' there as fast as I could! I've never experienced anything like that!  Shocked

I don't really know Melissa but I can't believe that she would send out something damaging or dangerous. Maybe it was a hack job.  Huh

I understand so little about the internet. Often I think the risks are too great and I shouldn't even be here.

Melissa's ambulance in Afghanistan. (Or was it Iraq?  Undecided Too many wars to keep track of  Sad)

Sorry. Now, back to the regularly scheduled topic...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: