Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas CD (Lisa's Christmas Song)  (Read 6368 times)
Sara

« on: September 07, 2007, 08:45AM »

I received my Christmas CD yesterday and heard it for the first time. Of course all the songs are done perfectly, but I particularly like Lisa’s “Christmas Song”. It is sung flawlessly. I remember reading that Lisa enjoyed the singing of Karen Carpenter. I also have Karen’s Christmas CD and she also sings the “Christmas Song”. Although I believe that Karen also had a flawless voice, I must say that Lisa’s is better, especially near the end when she really belts it out. I do think that Lisa has a broader range also. I can’t wait for the DVD so I can see them sing so elegantly. The more exposure they get, the larger the following is becoming. They sing like heavenly angels.

Sara
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:14AM »

Sara, you're right that is a fabulous CD!  I listen to it quite often and am really having a tough time waiting until my DVD arrives in a few weeks!!!  These ladies are all just SOOOO talented!  It boggles my mind sometimes...

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 11:58AM »

I received my Christmas CD yesterday and heard it for the first time. Of course all the songs are done perfectly, but I particularly like Lisa’s “Christmas Song”. It is sung flawlessly. I remember reading that Lisa enjoyed the singing of Karen Carpenter. I also have Karen’s Christmas CD and she also sings the “Christmas Song”. Although I believe that Karen also had a flawless voice, I must say that Lisa’s is better, especially near the end when she really belts it out. I do think that Lisa has a broader range also. I can’t wait for the DVD so I can see them sing so elegantly. The more exposure they get, the larger the following is becoming. They sing like heavenly angels.

Sara

One hour long special on NBC, ABC or CBS would triple their fans overninght and then release it on dvd and wham you have a sold out five month long tour in large venues. Surely with some of the junkie shows on TV these days they could put them on at say 8:00 PM on a Sunday night and announce - coming to you in living color live from Ireland etc. etc.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Sara

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:09PM »

You are so right about TV exposure. Once people get a change to see them, they are sure to want more. I know that when a tell people about Celtic Woman, most never heard of them. Once I let them borrow my DVD's they are 100% sold. I just got back my DVD on TNJ and the person wrote a note saying they loved every minute!

I must admit that I am so pleased that there are so many men who appreciate these lovely ladies. I mentioned them to a friend at a party and she told me her husband would LOVE to see them. I've already told them I would get them tickets if they come anywhere in CT. The number one person I want to bring is 4 year old Emma. I will do anything in my power to get up close seats.
Maggie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 03:28PM »

You are so right about TV exposure. Once people get a change to see them, they are sure to want more. I know that when a tell people about Celtic Woman, most never heard of them.

Imagine how we Forum members felt in March 2006 when I joined!  Cheesy

You could almost choose your seat for a concert.
I went to one in July '06 in Cary NC, it was open-air in a park, and there was a whole front block of seats empty! They got filled quickly when people realized! We moved from the 3rd row to the front, at the edge of the stage. It was daylight too, so it was great, we saw every detail, heard every note, every breath.

I tried to tell the Irish Club members, nobody was interested until this year.......

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:07PM »

I must say that Lisa’s is better, especially near the end when she really belts it out.
Sara

If you loved the CD...Your going to absolutely love Lisa's The Christmas Song on the DVD! Lisa just gives it her ALL! I had goosebumbs each time I saw it Cheesy

Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 05:38PM »

I can't wait to hear her sing it live. And Lisa's version of The Christmas Song has become my favorite version.

Thanks Mel!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 10:55AM »

I can't wait to hear her sing it live. And Lisa's version of The Christmas Song has become my favorite version.

You might even want a couple tissues  Wink Smiley

Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:43PM »

I probably do.

Thanks Mel!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 05:45PM »

It's on track 7 on the CD album, huh?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 05:04PM »

I hav been listening to the Christmas CD every day since I got it around 2 weeks ago. I just love it. Oh how quickly the song grow on you. My favorite is O Holy Night.
Joan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: