Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Susan ok?  (Read 14241 times)
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« on: February 17, 2012, 01:55PM »

Hey, Susan's brother tweeted this:

"My beautiful sister @susiemc1983 mugged and punched in the head by a junkie. Scumbag! Wish I was there"

I really hope that someone can tell us soon what happened and I pray that she's ok and not seriously injured... Sad

This is really sad and makes me really angry at the same time.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:22PM »

Oh...my...goodness.  I hope someone can tell us what happened as well.  It makes me so angry whenever I hear of anyone striking a woman, and the fact that it was Susan makes me rage even more. Sad  I hope she's alright.  (And if possible, I hope that jerk gets caught too).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:24PM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
richard

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 02:27PM »

Hi was just at the wal-mart signing  all four girls Susan was there  didn't get to speak to her much but see did look to be ok
lynnhillaryfan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:05PM »

I am shocked. Utterly shocked! Cry

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:25PM »

I died inside when I found out about this.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  It makes me so angry when this happens to a lady, but it makes me beyond furious and devastated that it happened to one of our CELTIC ANGELS!  I can't believe ANYONE would treat an angel like that!  She's so sweet and she has such a beautiful voice and she's just beautiful all around.  How can people be so heartless?  I don't think people like that are even human.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

mlisakellyfanm

I am a Lisa K and Scott Porter fan!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 05:32PM »

I can't believe it. Are you sure this happened?  Shocked  Cry

Thank you Hayley for the banner!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 05:41PM »

I can't believe it. Are you sure this happened?  Shocked  Cry

I was wondering that too but her brother tweeted about it.

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 05:55PM »

ugh that is udderly terrible. Some of the venues they goto in the cities make me wonder why?? Especially when they think things like that don't or can't happen.  Never been mugged or anything but had my fair share or scary momemts waiting outside a cleveland theatre @ 11 pm by myself w my 13 year old sister and her friends.  Not what you call the greatest, even the wal-mart down the street to I won't go after dark. would 100% get mugged or uhm lately get shot at??  I hope she's ok and that is absolutely rediculous somebody would do something like that. I am wondering though why woudln't any of the other girls say anything if they always stick together?? Or maybe someone hacked her brothers twitter account???  But I hope she is ok, if this is true, and especially so early on, on her first tour. Definately not a good situation and prob. what she didn't expect to sign on for.

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02PM »

ugh that is udderly terrible. Some of the venues they goto in the cities make me wonder why?? Especially when they think things like that don't or can't happen.  Never been mugged or anything but had my fair share or scary momemts waiting outside a cleveland theatre @ 11 pm by myself w my 13 year old sister and her friends.  Not what you call the greatest, even the wal-mart down the street to I won't go after dark. would 100% get mugged or uhm lately get shot at??  I hope she's ok and that is absolutely rediculous somebody would do something like that. I am wondering though why woudln't any of the other girls say anything if they always stick together?? Or maybe someone hacked her brothers twitter account???  But I hope she is ok, if this is true, and especially so early on, on her first tour. Definately not a good situation and prob. what she didn't expect to sign on for.

A fan posted on Lisa Kelly's wall on FB and Lisa replied and said that Susan is okay, thank GOD!  And maybe the other girls didn't say anything because they wanted to respect Susan's privacy.  They do stick together.

mlisakellyfanm

I am a Lisa K and Scott Porter fan!

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07PM »

Does anyone know where she was when this happened?

Thank you Hayley for the banner!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 06:18PM »

A fan posted on Lisa Kelly's wall on FB and Lisa replied and said that Susan is okay, thank GOD!  And maybe the other girls didn't say anything because they wanted to respect Susan's privacy.  They do stick together.
thank goodness

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 06:20PM »

Does anyone know where she was when this happened?
I looked at the schedule and they are in the orlando area. ANd I know they did a wal-mart signing down there. So I am assuming that it occured around there??

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 06:35PM »

UPDATE... I just looked on Susan's twitter page and it is NOT true!  She retweeted what her brother wrote and said YOU WISH!!!  I thought it was all a little odd! and thank goodness!

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 06:35PM »

Very sad. I also hope that she is ok.

As to why they may want to keep this sort of thing private. First, well meaning and caring fans, with good intent, may over react. I remember a couple years ago word got out that Lisa K had a nasty cold. At the m&g for the one show, the table was filled with tea, aspirin, cough relief meds, all sorts of stuff one would need if one had a cold. It looked like a CVS! Maybe they don't want a similar thing to happen. You know, fans buying her aspirin, ice packs, mace, etc. Second, I would think now that the genie is out of the bottle, fans will say things at m&gs about it. Stuff like "Thats such a shame. BE CAREFUL! you should NEVER travel alone" etc. She probably would like to put this behind her, but now will never hear the end of it! Fans, well meaning and caring as we can be, might not let it fade. And remember Celtic Woman is about love, smiles, etc , an escapism for us fans. I think they try to keep m&g conversation positive. Talk of this could do just the opposite.

I hope that there isnt over reaction to this about security. I have always thought that if they travel outside, that one of the crew guys should walk with them. Just so they wouldnt be alone. Some security concern is obviosuly appropriate. But also keep in mind that the perp here probably didnt think "Hey there goes one of those Celtic Woman, I'm gonna get her". He probably saw a woman, who he anticipated would be an easy target to take money from, and being despirate for money went after it. This could happen to any of us in the BIG city (or even a small city)! And Susan shouldn't change her life based on fear of something thats a 1 in a 100,000 type of thing.

Hang in there Susam, you know that you have thousands of fans that love ya, even if one bad apple doesn't!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 06:38PM »

UPDATE... I just looked on Susan's twitter page and it is NOT true!  She retweeted what her brother wrote and said YOU WISH!!!  I thought it was all a little odd! and thank goodness!
If that all was some type of joke, it wasn't a very good one. Perhaps some people should exercise better judgement in the future!   Angry

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: