Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan is staying?  (Read 8099 times)
MáiréadFan

Coast of Galicia FTW!

« on: February 19, 2012, 10:11PM »

I was watching a CW interview on YouTube where Chloe says that this is Susan's first tour with them. Is she staying with CW, or not?

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:40PM »

I don't think any of us know for sure at this point.  Undecided.  We'll just have to wait and see. I'd love to have her stick around once Lisa comes back though. Smiley
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:51AM »

I don't think any of us know for sure at this point.  Undecided.  We'll just have to wait and see. I'd love to have her stick around once Lisa comes back though. Smiley

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Can I have 'em back?  Hahaha just kidding!
But I totally agree.  We'll have to wait and see, and I would love for her to stay when Lisa comes back.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:03PM by Tiffany Gray (Lisa's Lambe) » Logged

MáiréadFan

Coast of Galicia FTW!

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09AM »

Thanks. I hope she'll stay, she has a sensational voice. Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:16AM »

I hope so too! Though they'd really have to change the show up in order to make it work for 4 singers instead of 3 for the Believe show. But if anyone can do it, David Downes can!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 12:33PM »

I hope so too! Though they'd really have to change the show up in order to make it work for 4 singers instead of 3 for the Believe show. But if anyone can do it, David Downes can!

I agree 100%!

When Alex left and they were left with 3 vocalists, David did an excellent job at changing up the songs to fit only 3 singers.  If he can do that, he can turn 3-part harmonies into 4-part.  Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:57PM »

I agree 100%!

When Alex left and they were left with 3 vocalists, David did an excellent job at changing up the songs to fit only 3 singers.  If he can do that, he can turn 3-part harmonies into 4-part.  Smiley
The difficult part will be turning the songs that were arranged specifically with parts for just 3 singers (like Awakening and Teir Abhaile Riu) into songs that can have 4 singers.
Excalibur

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 06:04PM »

Well, think about You Raise Me Up, the Helix version was pratically for three singers ('cause if you remember, Orla joined the girls only at the end of the song) but the ANJ version was for five singers and the SFTH version for four singers. And let's not forget how Danny Boy was turned from a solo piece to a 4-voices piece. David has always done a great job in the re-arrangement of vocal parts  Grin

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 02:58AM »

Well, think about You Raise Me Up, the Helix version was pratically for three singers ('cause if you remember, Orla joined the girls only at the end of the song) but the ANJ version was for five singers and the SFTH version for four singers. And let's not forget how Danny Boy was turned from a solo piece to a 4-voices piece. David has always done a great job in the re-arrangement of vocal parts  Grin

I agree totally!  He's a genius!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34AM »

I know right now she's just filling in for Lisa, but I hope she stays too!!  I haven't seen her yet (Will be in April), but I love her already!
And I know this probably isn't relevant at all, but Lil' Lambe stepped in for Lynn, and she stayed. Smiley

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:47AM by IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3 » Logged

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 11:21AM »

I know right now she's just filling in for Lisa, but I hope she stays too!!  I haven't seen her yet (Will be in April), but I love her already!
And I know this probably isn't relevant at all, but Lil' Lambe stepped in Lynn, and she stayed. Smiley

Haha again I agree!

And I love Susan already too.  Got attached when she joined!

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35PM »

I know right now she's just filling in for Lisa, but I hope she stays too!!  I haven't seen her yet (Will be in April), but I love her already!
And I know this probably isn't relevant at all, but Lil' Lambe stepped in for Lynn, and she stayed. Smiley

Actually, Lisa Lambe did not "step in for Lynn" in the same way that Susan is filling in for Lisa Kelly.  When Lynn left it was a permanent situation, so of course Lisa Lambe stayed ... that was the purpose of hiring her.  Susan has been hired to fill in for Lisa Kelly the same way that Deirdre was hired to fill in for Meav during the first tour.  It was also the same way that Alex was hired to fill in for Lisa K. when she was pregnant with Ellie ... the only reason Alex wound up staying on is because the timing of Orlagh's choice to leave worked out just right.

The truth is that I would be very surprised if Susan chose to remain after Lisa K. returns.  She is an amazing talent and, from what I'm hearing (since I can't make a show this tour), she is fantastic in the show.  The thing is, though, that Susan has worked hard on her career in musical theater, and has been very successful in that.  Touring with Celtic Woman is something she wanted to do and it is giving her a chance to explore something different, but from her Twitter posts and other things I've seen online, I wonder if she is more comfortable doing shows where she can go home at the end of the night, rather than a hotel room or the bus.

When it comes down to it, each of the girls must do what makes them the most happy.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 07:22PM »

The fact of the matter is that it's too early to tell one way or another.  In her January "Jimbo" interview Lisa K said she probably won't be returning until 2013, so Susan would appear to be in the picture at least till next year, and who knows what anyone will decide by then?  Supposedly, although this is only according to some discussion during the Believe broadcast on TV39 (Eastern PA PBS station), David Downes is already working on a new show, so what, and who, that will contain, is anybody's guess.  The bottom line is Susan is here for at least the rest of this year, it appears, and there's still a lot of ground to cover between now and December.   
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19PM »

First, let me say that we dont know what will happen. Now having said that, I think that I will put my 2 cents in on this  Cheesy

according to some discussion during the Believe broadcast on TV39 (Eastern PA PBS station), David Downes is already working on a new show, so what, and who, that will contain, is anybody's guess. 

I think that they are always thinking ahead to a new show, but as you say its anyone's guess. hey I am anyone, so here is what I think it is (just my opinion with little basis in fact). The Christmas DVD & CD are now dated and have former members. The Christmas Tour, though brief and very rushed, was a HUGE success. It was worth it to see how much interest such a thing could generate. It would be worth doing an extended Christmas Tour (well as early as a Christmas Tour can be, it all has to be close to Xmas, of course), maybe start in late Nov on Thanksgiving weekend, market it in advance with a new Christmas DVD / CD and proper PBS backing. I was very lucky to be able to attend 2 of the Christmas concerts in 2011 and they were just great and attendance at both shows were sell outs, or close to sell outs. The advanced planning is improtant here, because they were jumping all over the map with that Christmas tour. Earlier planning and venue reservations would mean more shows as they could travel bwteen closer towns and not burn themselves out witrh travel time.

I also hope Susan stays. Like many of you, I get very attached to each member and feel a loyalty far above and beyond what one might expect. I would also think that it would make sense to keep her. I am a fan of the 4 vocalist, 1 fiddler format. That way if something does happen to a vocalist, they have proven that they can successfully and quickly adapt to 3. If they have 3 and need to drop to 2, I dont know. I liked Susan's YouTube stuff, esp. One Moment in Time. She can reach out and grab you and really put on a great performance. But having seen her once now, I did not get that feeling from her at that 1 CW show. Its early though. I am looking forward to seeing her again soon (which I will, lined up for several more shows). I think the fact that she does Lisa K's songs, and I feel a certain loyalty to her, plus Susan is still new and theres always that 'new' thing with a replacement, plus the songs she solos with maybe arent the reach out and grab type songs. So theres many factors here going on. One thing is for sure, she is a very beautiful and talented young lady who will be a huge success, well actually she already is.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 09:13PM »

Actually, Lisa Lambe did not "step in for Lynn" in the same way that Susan is filling in for Lisa Kelly.  When Lynn left it was a permanent situation, so of course Lisa Lambe stayed ... that was the purpose of hiring her.  Susan has been hired to fill in for Lisa Kelly the same way that Deirdre was hired to fill in for Meav during the first tour.  It was also the same way that Alex was hired to fill in for Lisa K. when she was pregnant with Ellie ... the only reason Alex wound up staying on is because the timing of Orlagh's choice to leave worked out just right.

That's what I meant... I just didn't word it correctly... sorry

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: