Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving David D. His Due  (Read 81298 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: March 24, 2012, 06:21PM »

I thought it wasn't fair that I haven't made a warm fuzzy thread for David yet. So here goes.....  Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:23PM »

David Downes is simply a sensitive, inspirational genius who knows how to make people feel better through his work.   Smiley

mlisakellyfanm

I am a Lisa K and Scott Porter fan!

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18PM »

He is my favorite composer.  Wink Cheesy Grin

Thank you Hayley for the banner!
lynnhillaryfan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57PM »

I loove his arrangments! Grin

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20PM »

Thank you David, for all of your hard work and integrity you bring to the show!   Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 12:06AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAVID!   THANK YOU FOR YOUR CREATIVITY AND TIRELESS EFFORTS TO ALWAYS PUT OUT AN  ENJOYABLE QUALITY PRODUCT.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!    Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 07:32AM »

HAVE A VERY HAPPY EASTER DAVID !     THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSTANT DEDICATION  TO THAT WHICH IS GOOD !   Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 08:49AM »

If it wasn't for David there would be no Celtic Woman.  We all owe him a great debt of gratitude.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 08:13PM »

If it wasn't for David there would be no Celtic Woman.  We all owe him a great debt of gratitude.
  Well said  Hubert ..... 

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 09:16PM »

He invests his heart into his compositions

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 08:16AM »

When he called Chloe, Lisa, Mairead, Meav and Orlagh and asked them to do a one night show at the Helix Theatre who could have guessed what that would lead to.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
scorpion

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 03:37PM »

Always thought Davids greatest talent was matching the song to the voice. Can hardly imagine anyone else singing the songs. Like when i hear scarbourgh fair or bridge over troubled water always think of the girls, and this from a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56AM »

Couldn't agree more. While obviously the main magic of Celtic Woman is the talent and beauty of the ladies, I think we underestimate how hard it is to make it all work seamlessly through all of the cast changes. I've heard people who know a lot more about music than me say that taking soloists and blending their voices as a group is incredibly difficult to do. But many reviewers have commented that no matter who is in the cast, the ladies sound as if they've been singing together all their lives. David deserves a lot of the credit for that. And I think his brilliant arrangements are an under-appreciated factor as well. I think of numbers like Sky Dawn Sun and Dulaman and the Voice, and as much as it's the vocal performances that make them brilliant, the musical arrangements are equal to the task. David, as you said, seems to be able to choose just the right voice for the song - and then arrange it so as to extract every ounce of beauty out of it.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 04:35PM »

Probably the most striking example of Davit's magical touch is "Over the Rainbow."  In anyone else's show it would have been, as it always has been, a solo with orchestral accompaniment and maybe backing vocals.  Instead of deciding who would sing that solo, David arranged it into that amazing a capella quartet.  A quartet that we won't hear again without a management decision to restore the four-voice configuration.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 04:46PM »

David really gets into it on the piano; it's fun to watch.

I always love his duets with Lisa Kelly; they have such amazing chemistry together.

Oh, and wasn't David's birthday the same day as Chloe's, albeit a different year obviously?  I think I saw Lisa K tweet him a happy birthday.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: