Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs for Susan to Cover  (Read 65223 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« on: April 22, 2012, 12:22PM »

What songs would you like to hear Susan cover?

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16AM »

I'd love to hear her sing One Moment In Time again! But this time as a member of Celtic Woman and preferably the full song! I LOVE that song and I loved hearing her sing it on Grease Is The Word.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:51AM »

Sometimes a Prayer Would Do by Secret Garden.  With that powerful voice of hers, she'd do a fantastic job.  I think she'd reduce the audience to tears actually! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-aazx5k1sw

I'll add more when I think of them. Smiley
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54AM »

Sometimes a Prayer Would Do by Secret Garden.  With that powerful voice of hers, she'd do a fantastic job.  I think she'd reduce the audience to tears actually! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-aazx5k1sw

I'll add more when I think of them. Smiley

That song would be so perfect for her!  And I agree!  I know she would make me a blubbering mess if she sang that!  She almost made me cry with Follow On!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:01PM »

How about "Wind Beneath My  Wings".  I "bet" she would do it better than "Bette".   Smiley Sorry Ms. Middler... Undecided

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:19AM »

come to my garden from the secret garden (musical, not the group) or maybe Habanera (L'amour est un oiseau rebelle)

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 06:27PM »

I was thinking Susan would be good with "Nobody Does It Better" originally sung by Carly Simon so long ago.  Wink Undecided

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32AM »

I'd love to hear her sing One Moment In Time again! But this time as a member of Celtic Woman and preferably the full song! I LOVE that song and I loved hearing her sing it on Grease Is The Word.
I agree. That YouTube video of her singing that is outstanding. She can really nail that song.

How about "Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha? I have always thought that would be a great song for Lisa K but I think Susan would ace it too. Another song I have always wanted Lisa K to sing, and one that I think would be better for her, but Susan would be great too, would be Debbie Boone's "You Light Up My Life". Both of those songs would be good CW type songs too and go over well with everyone in the crowd.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 07:21PM »

I say that we let David Downes decide what she'd be best at. A lot of these Celtic Woman songs I've never heard of before they sang it (indeed, some have never been performed by anyone before them) so I'm sure that he would know what's best for her and the rest of them.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:38AM »

I say that we let David Downes decide what she'd be best at. A lot of these Celtic Woman songs I've never heard of before they sang it (indeed, some have never been performed by anyone before them) so I'm sure that he would know what's best for her and the rest of them.

I was not asking people to choose what songs she should sing with Celtic Woman instead of Davi Downes.  I just wanted to know what songs people thought she would sound good at.  It's just a thread for fun...

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32AM »

Recently I went to the Theatre again. Not for Celtic Woman this time! Lol! Instead, I took my Grams to see Mamma Mia for her 76th birthday. Never thought I'd enjoy it but it was funny!

Anyway... I'd LOVE to hear Susan sing I Have A Dream from Mamma Mia!

Also! I'd FLIP OUT if they did this but it'd be awesome so I'm just gonna mention it! I think it'd be awesome if Susan and Lisa Squared, our 3 theatre vets, came together and sang Dancing Queen.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 02:25PM »

Ooooh!! A Celtic Woman tribute to ABBA> I like it!  Wink  I can also picture them singing "Fernando"  and "Our Last Summer".

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 03:31PM »

Ooooh!! A Celtic Woman tribute to ABBA> I like it!  Wink  I can also picture them singing "Fernando"  and "Our Last Summer".

That would be awesome!

I can totally picture Susan singing Thank You for the Music!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 06:26PM »

That would be awesome!

I can totally picture Susan singing Thank You for the Music!
Me too Tifffany... Smiley   Susan seems pretty versatile. 

Morwen Edhelwen

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 09:50PM »

"Ask Her While The Band Is Playing"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL15IOeOX4I
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: