Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad Question  (Read 22063 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: May 05, 2012, 11:27AM »

Rich Ropes death has made me wonder, if any of us members were to die, how would the forum know? Would a friend of ours on the forum have to inform them? What would happen to our accounts? It's possible that after not logging on for a long time that there's no other option as to what happened to us. I also want to make sure that we can't pass our account on to someone else. I don't think that we can, but I still want to know for sure.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:33PM »

Short of someone telling us you'd died, we would have no way of knowing. Nothing would happen to your account, short of us putting a note of some kind either in the avatar text or signature area. And no, you can't pass your account on to someone else. That person would have to get their own.

aislin
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:34PM »

I guess that I wish there was some way of knowing that I was important.

What will happen to Rich Rope's account?

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 03:56PM »

Nothing, Kim and I are having to figure out what all we're going to do with our mod placement without him so that will change and we'll add a note in somewhere on his account mentioning his passing.

aislin
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 01:26PM »

Adam, I am sure you are important to many people, like your family and friends, and to us here on the forum, too. Smiley

C'mon.  Cheer up! Smiley
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:01PM »

Adam, I am sure you are important to many people, like your family and friends, and to us here on the forum, too. Smiley

C'mon.  Cheer up! Smiley

Thank you for that. I guess that I feel that I never told Rich how great a person he was and he might never know that for certain. But I am glad that he was here the time that he was.

Off topic: Wasn't there a different adminstrator before Rich and Lindsey took control of this forum?

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:36AM »

I think so, but that was before I became a forum member.  There may be some real old topics or posts you could find or Lindsey could probably tell you the history of the forum.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:28PM »

Off topic: Wasn't there a different adminstrator before Rich and Lindsey took control of this forum?

There were 2... or 3 depending on how you look at it. After CW removed the original forum from their website a new one was set up by Danielle and it crashed a few times with all the data being lost and it wound up being more than she wanted to deal with. At that point Brian & Jenny, who at the time ran Deirdre's fan site and now run her official site took over and after a few months they turned the forum over to Rich.

aislin
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:28PM »

Maybe one of the reasons that I liked Rich so much was because at www.alternatehistory.com, I broke a forum rule and they never told me about it, just banned me instead. With less friendly administrators, I don't think that I would still be a member of this forum. He did tell me every time I said something stupid, so I stopped doing that.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:24PM »

He did tell me every time I said something stupid, so I stopped doing that.

Cheesy Don't worry, he did that to me too.

aislin
greenfire6
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 12:02AM »

Cheesy Don't worry, he did that to me too.
aislin

Rich was one of a very good kind.

God speed Rich.  Cry
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 02:36PM »

Rich was really a good guy....we commiserated on having the same disease but in my case I`m in remission and my oncologist told me that the chances of it returning are very slim. I still deal with tiredness and diminished lung capacity but that`ll correct itself over the next 3 years or so. Rich , though PM`s was completely accepting of his fate. BTW: when I was hospitalized in 2009 , he sent a hard to get autographed photo of Lynn to me...he had a very dry , funny sense of humor....something I appreciated. I knew what the inevitable outcome would be as he did but I still miss him a lot. As I said before, YOU WERE A REALLY GOOD GUY..I guess that says it all.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 05:21PM »

I hoped that he could afford his medical treatments. I went to the hospital and I still don't know where the money for the bill is coming from. I don't have any insurance, so natually, I have the health problems.

I don't know the last time he was on the forum, but if I sent him a private message he didn't respond to, would anyone else be able to access it? I'm not sure that it's important anyways. Also, I know that leprechauns are supposed to be a creature of luck, but lately I haven't been getting any.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 07:48PM »

I don't know the last time he was on the forum, but if I sent him a private message he didn't respond to, would anyone else be able to access it?

No.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it recently. I hope at some point in the near future it starts getting better for you!

aislin
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 06:10AM »

I hoped that he could afford his medical treatments. I went to the hospital and I still don't know where the money for the bill is coming from. I don't have any insurance, so natually, I have the health problems.

I don't know the last time he was on the forum, but if I sent him a private message he didn't respond to, would anyone else be able to access it? I'm not sure that it's important anyways. Also, I know that leprechauns are supposed to be a creature of luck, but lately I haven't been getting any.
   If you can`t afford your hospital bills because of lack of insurance, talk to a hospital social worker there and explain your situation. They can often reduce the amount of the bills and work with you to set up a payment plan. I know...been there, done that.  BTW: as Rich`s eyesight began to fail  he had  a more difficult time responding to PM`s...he just wasen`t  physically able to any longer.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: