Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wishful Thinking?  (Read 89356 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: May 05, 2012, 12:32PM »

I am the only person thinking that they might secretly film a DVD of Isle of Hope or secretly record a CD of this and release it to the general public? I hope that they do, but I don't know if they ever will be able to.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:51PM »

I wish it would come out, too, but I think it's been long enough that it would be wishful thinking.

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:56AM »

They recorded all of their tour, for Song from The Heart it was in Brisbane. Maybe it will be for a Documentary as "The Greatest Journey" Cheesy
Some videos about Isle of Hope :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWwHHEaMKdk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNVNQwtS2bU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTTbEZeNmxg&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twBbdC_uig4&feature=channel&list=UL
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:02AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Excalibur

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 05:28AM »

I'd like at least an EP with the studio versions (not live) of

Carolina Rua
True Colors
Have I Told You Lately
Danny Boy (group)
The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun (with extra verse)

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 05:53PM »

Like the rest of you, this would be great. Especially since I did not get in on this tour. But I don't know whether the production people would have enough of the clips saved to put something together. We can always dream.   Undecided

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:16PM »

Wasn't one of the Songs from the Hearts on tour concerts filmed? Maybe they did that with this and other tours? (I know it is wishful thinking again.)

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 04:43PM »

It was my understanding they may have recorded at least a DVD of Isle of Hope but that it never got released. I don't know whether this is Truth or no, but it's what I was lead to understand. Smiley

I wonder... if they somehow did and they somehow release the DVD... if they do a companion CD with all the current lassies... that would be cool. Lisa L doing Lynn... Susan doing Alex.... Lisa K as Lisa K.... Máiréad as Máiréad.... Chloe as Chloe... does this sound crazy?

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 12:59PM »

It was my understanding they may have recorded at least a DVD of Isle of Hope but that it never got released. I don't know whether this is Truth or no, but it's what I was lead to understand. Smiley

I wonder... if they somehow did and they somehow release the DVD... if they do a companion CD with all the current lassies... that would be cool. Lisa L doing Lynn... Susan doing Alex.... Lisa K as Lisa K.... Máiréad as Máiréad.... Chloe as Chloe... does this sound crazy?
Not crazy...just a nice fantasy.  Smiley  I sometimes day dream that I am the show's producer and I am arranging the musical program.  Undecided

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33PM »

If they did record some of the concerts on tour, it could be a long time until the footage is released. Hopefully, they don't lose it by accident, but it could be like Lisa Kelly's solo DVD where they never finished production on it. I also remember seeing a Billy Joel concert on PBS that was filmed a long time before they had the rights to air it. So if any footage exists, I don't know if it will pop up or not. But, you'd think there'd be something.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23PM »

To the best of my knowledge, the only part of Isle of Hope that was filmed was the clip they used for the Oh, America video. Filming a stage show for DVD production is a tremendous undertaking which is why CW's DVDs are so much bigger and different than the touring shows. It's different lighting, different sound equipment, different makeup on the girls, and cameras all over the place. It's not uncommon for touring shows to be filmed twice, once with no audience so that the cameras can cover the stage better without getting in the way of the audience. CW gets around that by letting you know up front it's a filming and by making it not the show they actually tour. What I'm getting at is that even if it was filmed, it wouldn't be up to the standards set by the current DVDs because it just wasn't set up for it. If you watch the Oh, America clip you'll see the difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpX2BcB9As.

aislin
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 03:42PM »

To the best of my knowledge, the only part of Isle of Hope that was filmed was the clip they used for the Oh, America video. Filming a stage show for DVD production is a tremendous undertaking which is why CW's DVDs are so much bigger and different than the touring shows. It's different lighting, different sound equipment, different makeup on the girls, and cameras all over the place. It's not uncommon for touring shows to be filmed twice, once with no audience so that the cameras can cover the stage better without getting in the way of the audience. CW gets around that by letting you know up front it's a filming and by making it not the show they actually tour. What I'm getting at is that even if it was filmed, it wouldn't be up to the standards set by the current DVDs because it just wasn't set up for it. If you watch the Oh, America clip you'll see the difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpX2BcB9As.

aislin

Thanks for that information.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 02:15PM »

I'd like at least an EP with the studio versions (not live) of

Carolina Rua
True Colors
Have I Told You Lately
Danny Boy (group)
The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun (with extra verse)

And the extended Fields of Gold!  Smiley

Excalibur

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 02:45PM »

Right, I actually think that also The Coast Of Galicia was longer on tour so an extended version of that track would be nice - as well as Finale/Mo Ghile Mear which was cut on the DVD.

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 08:30PM »

Here's my hypothetical setlist for a concert and DVD of Isle of Hope. I've included other songs that I thought would be nice as well for a Celtic Woman concert. I just hope that Mairead isn't working too much in this song or that I've included way too many, which I might have.

Celtic Woman- Isle of Hope DVD

Act 1

The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun extended version with Chloe intro- all
My Heart was Home Again- Alex
Vivaldi’s Rain- Chloe
Carolina Rua- Lynn and Mairead
The Coast of Galicia- Mairead
The Voice- Lisa and Mairead
Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?- group singers
Orinoco Flow- group singers
You’ll be in My Heart- Alex
Nella Fantasia- Chloe
Fields of Gold- Lisa
The Call- all
Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears- all
Suantrai- Lynn
Baby Mine- Chloe
Danny Boy- group singers
Mo Ghile Mear- all

Act 2

Nil Se La- all
At the Celi- Alex, Lynn, Lisa, and Mairead
Nella Fantasia- Chloe
The Last Rose Fantasia- Mairead
The Last Rose of Summer- Lynn and Chloe
True Colors- Alex and Mairead
Hush Little Baby- Lisa
Stay Awake- Chloe, Lisa, Lynn, and Mairead
Oh, America- all
The Blessing- Lisa
Granuaile’s Dance- Mairead
When You Believe- Chloe
Goodnight My Angel- Lynn, Lisa, and Chloe
Spanish Lady- group singers (possibly with Mairead)
Tears in Heaven- Chloe
When You Wish Upon a Star- Lisa and Mairead
Dulaman- Lynn
Walking the Night- Alex and Lynn (I think)
Give Me Your Hand/The World Falls Away- Lisa and Chloe (I think)
Brahms’ Lullaby- Chloe
Sing Out!- all
You Raise Me Up- all

CD

Sing Out!- all
At the Celi- Alex, Lynn, Lisa, and Mairead
The Last Rose of Summer- Lynn and Chloe
True Colors- Alex and Mairead
Tears in Heaven- Chloe
Dulaman- Lynn
You Raise Me Up- all
Danny Boy- group singers