Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern Ireland?  (Read 60960 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 02:44PM »

When I visited a friend in England several years ago, she let me try  driving her Mini on a country road for a while. Surprisingly, it wasen`t that hard to drive on the " wrong" side of the road ...like in Ireland... and shifting with my left hand wasen`t too bad either....it was those "roundabouts" that confused me.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 04:37PM »

oh cool, yeah i think it would be okay to get used to being on the opposite side of the road, but awkward for changing gear (for me at least!) ohh i HATE roundabouts, always get confused on them Sad

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 04:47PM »

then I`m NOT the only one who found roundabouts confusing. Kirstie, you HAVE to visit America and try driving on the " correct" side of the road   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  chances are, it`ll be an automatic  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 05:15PM »

When I visited a friend in England several years ago, she let me try  driving her Mini on a country road for a while. Surprisingly, it wasen`t that hard to drive on the " wrong" side of the road ...like in Ireland... and shifting with my left hand wasen`t too bad either....it was those "roundabouts" that confused me.

I think I would just fit right in!  I am a true lefty and it would prob. be easy for me to get uused to driving on the left side!! Had that trouble and had to quickly correct it when I first started driving! Shifting on the other hand is a different story! Wouldn't even be able to move an eight of an inch!! lol! Automatic all the way!! But sounds like fun!!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 08:52AM »

then I`m NOT the only one who found roundabouts confusing. Kirstie, you HAVE to visit America and try driving on the " correct" side of the road   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  chances are, it`ll be an automatic  Roll Eyes

haha my driving instructor goes crazy at me for them (i  need to THINK!) haha, i would love to!! SO MUCH, i'd like an automatic no clutch, no gears life would be so easy haha!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 05:40AM »

it felt weird in the U.K. sitting in the left  front seat and NOT having a steering wheel in front of you...they should offer a fake one to comfort  tourists  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
oregongirl29
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 07:13PM »

I love automatic, I tried to drive a stick shift but the dang car kept dying on me. I guess I'm not coordinated enough.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 07:16PM »

I love automatic, I tried to drive a stick shift but the dang car kept dying on me. I guess I'm not coordinated enough.
  When I was a teenager, my older brother tried to teach me how to drive a stick ( a Volkswagen Beetle)  and I ended up plowing over somebody's mail box. That was the end of THAT experiment!  Grin 

oregongirl29
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 07:44PM »

Hahahaha, That sounds like something I would do.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52PM »

it felt weird in the U.K. sitting in the left  front seat and NOT having a steering wheel in front of you...they should offer a fake one to comfort  tourists  Roll Eyes

haha yeah def, i've seen a few people with left hand drives over here... they look weird to me, i've just about got the hang of a normal car haha!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 06:24AM »

haha yeah def, i've seen a few people with left hand drives over here... they look weird to me, i've just about got the hang of a normal car haha!
my neighbors niece from County Langford, Ireland was here recently and she was amazed  that all of our cars are automatics....she thought it`d be weird driving without a clutch.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41AM »

my neighbors niece from County Langford, Ireland was here recently and she was amazed  that all of our cars are automatics....she thought it`d be weird driving without a clutch.

aw haha! yeah an automatic is so uncommon here because there SO expensive...i suppose if your used to it it's fine lol Cheesy

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 03:05PM »

aw haha! yeah an automatic is so uncommon here because there SO expensive...i suppose if your used to it it's fine lol Cheesy
  since almost ALL of our cars are automatics anyway, the cost isn`t noticed as much. Most come ONLY that way...no choice.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 04:13PM »

since almost ALL of our cars are automatics anyway, the cost isn`t noticed as much. Most come ONLY that way...no choice.
ah makes sense then Smiley

kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 11:40AM »

I wanted to post an update for anyone who may look at this post.

At this current time, I take back what I said about Northern Ireland being safe to visit, CURRENTLY it is not...
We've had 'peaceful' protests and riots for almost a week now, over the removal of the Union Flag - something which has been done, with the understanding of what chaos and destruction it could and has caused.

I also just want to say, (because of the Internet & the fact Hilary Clinton has passed comment) that the media is shedding bad light upon the protestant (British) citizens living here. We are not all like what is seen, the media only show the bad bits.

A lot of people have reacted in a disgraceful way, but the majority are trying to deal with it in a calm manner, and I just want to clarify that people shouldn't be put off visiting Northern Ireland in future because of this recent turn of events:)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: