Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exciting news!  (Read 16477 times)
TheWhite~Rose
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:43PM »

EDIT: Since the announcement is now official, I guess I can go ahead and post the news!  Repost from Méav's website (underline mine) :

"Méav is delighted to announce that she is filming a new music show on May 30th. Entitled Divinas, the show brings to together the talents of three gifted world music singers - Méav of Ireland, the Iranian-Israeli Rita and the Russian-New Zealander Yulia. It will be filmed in the magnificent surroundings of the Chateau de Chambord, France. Produced by Grammy-winning composer Craig Leon and Gustavo Sagastume of International Media, Divinas live at the Chateau de Chambord will be broadcast across the US on PBS television. More details to follow."

Wonderful news!  We'll get to see our Méav perfom again. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:45AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:20AM »

*Tries not to scream and fails miserably*  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG this is AWESOME news!  So happy Meav's coming back to America!  And I LOVE Yulia!  I don't know who Rita is though but I'm sure she's awesome too!

Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:09AM »

thinking of a french vacation......   not enough time to plan......
Really like the concept of another live taping..... hmmmm....

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:02AM »

*Tries not to scream and fails miserably*  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG this is AWESOME news!  So happy Meav's coming back to America!  And I LOVE Yulia!  I don't know who Rita is though but I'm sure she's awesome too!
I don't know who Rita is either, but I learned that she's from Israel.  I'll have to look her music up. Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:04PM »

I can hardly wait to meet her just the way I've met Chloe Agnew. Grin

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:04PM »

I've gotten a flurry of messages and emails from people over this topic. I don't know anything about this one way or the other. I do know that Méav was supposed to make a big announcement in March, whether or not it has anything to do with this, I don't know. The event is listed on Yulia's official site here: http://www.yulia.co.nz/Site/Events.html but there is no mention of Méav. The site from the first post is citing Yulia's management and producer Craig Leon as the source of their info so it would be kind of odd if it isn't true.

All we can do is wait until something somewhere official shows up. Until then, I'm going to leave this topic where it is. This is no different than posting CW dates that have appeared on the web before CW.com has said anything.

aislin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:36PM by aislin » Logged
The Quiet Man

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 06:14PM »

See here.

http://meavforum.com/index.php?topic=2425.msg24282

Lindsey, please yank this thread, no official announcment was supposed to be made, and that's from Meav.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39PM »

I've gotten a ton of emails over this, and after talking to Kim we've pretty much come to the conclusion that at the end of the day this really isn't all that different than posting a link to a PBS or venue site that has a new tour date on it before CW.com has even announced that the tour is going to take place. All of that is unofficial until it is posted on the artist's site, and in this case it just looks like another of the artists involved got ahead of themselves. As we're talking about three different talents with three separate management teams in two different continents and two different languages, it isn't all that surprising that something slipped out beforehand.

Isn't that kind of our job as a fan community anyway? To find out new and exciting information about our favorite artists and share that info with each other?

(Edited for tone. Never write an admin bit when you are sick and cranky.)

And, because the link has been removed from the first comment: http://www.reverbnation.com/c/fr5/artist_382966?eid=A382966_12595712_.

aislin
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:30PM by aislin » Logged
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 07:24AM »

Méav is delighted to announce that she is filming a new music show on May 30th.

Entitled Divinas, the show brings to together the talents of three gifted world music singers -  Méav of Ireland, the Iranian-Israeli Rita and the Russian-New Zealander Yulia. It  will be filmed in the magnificent surroundings of the Chateau de Chambord, France. Produced by  Grammy-winning composer Craig Leon and Gustavo Sagastume of International Media, Divinas live at the Chateau de Chambord  will be broadcast  across the US on PBS television.
More details to follow. See www.meav.ie

I got this email from meav.com today, and it's on the website, too.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 08:32AM »

WOW!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked  I'M QUITE PSYCHED TO HEAR THIS AS YOU MIGHT GUESS.  Grin  MY LOVELY  LARK BEING FILMED. ANY WORD YET ON WHEN/OR IF IT WILL BE TURNED INTO DVD FORM AND AVAILABLE FOR SALE?    Smiley Smiley Smiley Undecided

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39AM »

I'm happy that this has been officially announced now--I can go ahead and edit the thread now I guess.  

WOW!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked  I'M QUITE PSYCHED TO HEAR THIS AS YOU MIGHT GUESS.  Grin  MY LOVELY  LARK BEING FILMED. ANY WORD YET ON WHEN/OR IF IT WILL BE TURNED INTO DVD FORM AND AVAILABLE FOR SALE?    Smiley Smiley Smiley Undecided

Her official website said it will be aired on PBS. Smiley  

EDIT: Found this on the Meav forums!  Meav will be (kind of) involved in another show too. Wink :
We can also exclusively reveal that Meav will be appearing in the US soon as you have never seen her before - as a hologram!  
She will be appearing as a virtual guest in another new show which will be touring in the Fall.
More news to follow....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:05AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
WinterLament

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46PM »

Oh this is exciting news indeed!
I love Yulia, and I am looking forward to Rita. All there voices would be splendid together Smiley
I just hope the show airs around summertime (since I will be in the U.S. during the summertime only). I cannot wait for this, something new! I wonder what songs they will sing? I wonder if Meav will sing any of her songs she written but we never got a chance to hear (I'm dreaming but that would be wonderful) I just cannot wait for this.

and I really hope there will be a CD available as well!

And Meav being a hologram, that must be exciting for people to see, so many wonderful news eeeek cannot wait (especially for the rest of the news to come!)  Kiss
oregongirl29
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 01:33PM »

I wonder if I get pbs here.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:31AM »

I may see Meav ! Cheesy it's almost sure because the place is only at 2 hours from my house Wink

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49PM »

I may see Meav ! Cheesy it's almost sure because the place is only at 2 hours from my house Wink
  I"m   so envious!!   Smiley  If you do, you'll have to tell us all about it!  Wow!   Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: