Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 and what you hope it holds for you.  (Read 6414 times)
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« on: December 30, 2013, 11:21AM »

It's almost the new year, and as I fail miserably at resolutions, (as I'm sure a lot of others do too). I thought it be nice to know what people hope will happen in 2014, or exciting things they've planned Smiley

For me, I'm hoping it's the year I grow up, and leave home Huh I'm 22, I need to grow up sometime ha!
I also hope our girls will come to Ireland/UK at some point, another chance to see them would be lovely!
If 2014 is as good as 2013 has been I'll be a happy girl, - This year is going to be hard to top for me!:D

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:48PM »

I'm  really  hoping  that Meav  decides  to  tour  the  US  for  her  The Calling  CD ..or  for  any  other  reason  too.  My  fondest  wish  is  to meet her  in person and say the things  I  have  wanted  to say  for  a long time. Last summer's  hope's  got  dashed  when  her  Divinas  tour  got  cancelled...but  hope  springs  eternal.    Wink 

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:27PM »

CW related, I hope they give enough lead time for the 10 year anniversary show and I'm able to go, even if it is in Ireland.  I have no doubt they will bring back some former members and to see any or all of the original group (especially Lisa Kelly) would make my year.

Non CW related, I'd like to find a girlfriend.  Undecided

Edit: Grammar
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:13PM by AggieGuy » Logged
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 08:01PM »

Non CW related, I'd like to find a girlfriend.  Undecided

Aw I'm sure you will Smiley good things happen when you least it expect it Smiley

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:30PM »

2013 was the best of times (first two live CW concerts) and the worst of times (losing my Mom). I guess this year, I'd settle for something in between. Looking forward to another show on the spring tour, and of course a 10th anniversary reunion is high on the list. Almost no chance I could go if it's in Ireland, but I'd settle for a Blu-Ray recording of it so we could relive it forever. Looks like my M&G dreams will have to wait for another year, unless I can somehow get them for next year's Symphony Tour, assuming they do it again.

Also hoping that my forum friends all get what they are wishing for.   Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 02:31AM »

I'll exercise for a week and lose a pound, then slowly (or not so slowly  Cheesy  )  get out of the routine and put the pound back on. I have already started doing sit-ups and I can do .....10  Sad    but hey I am an old geezer so maybe that's not too bad considering.

I am not holding out much hope for a BIG reunion show. Who knows maybe it will happen. I see many issues though. Past members have their own projects and other obligations. That has to be coordinated with the touring of current members. Plus if you get a bunch of them, time constraints of a show will limit their solos to one each. Even then that's an hour just with solos. Add to that group songs and you have a very LONG show. I, like I bet many of you, would not complain about that! But I do think that there could be some issues in making it happen. Maybe they would have to do 2 concerts on separate nights? Or just have a reunion show with former members only and let the current troupe continue on their tour.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 02:12PM »

Since this is the beginning of 2014, I always play upbeat music before and after the TV events.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jack

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:54AM »

I of course have some general life goals that are somewhat subjective, that may or may not be achieved.  On the other hand, I've set some purely self-centered, extremely high physical goals for myself (remember, I'm a very old retired guy):

1.  Live healthy.

2.  The eternal "lose some weight" (will not disclose the amt  Cheesy)  Cash's scenario probably will describe mine.

3.  To help with the second, get in the best physical shape I've been in for years, that I can attain.  What I've got going for me is that in spite of the calendar, I feel thirty and I live my life that way.

4.  Shoot my age in golf, then break 70 again.  Improbable but, what the heck!  "What you can believe, you can achieve!"  I will not give up.  I still have the physical strength, coordination and ability, so why not go for it?

5.  Already have two CW Spring Tour M&G's scheduled----Check.

Have great Lisa Kelly May event tickets lined up----Check.  (Courtesy of a friend)

Guess I'd better get busy.

As a side note:  I've had some major medical setbacks in my life----legs, knees, bypass plus two additional major abdominal surgeries, three heart attacks and minor to middlin' cancer problems.  I've always used the golf recovery therapy and it has always worked great.  I think it gets my mind off my problems, strengthens me physically and lets the body do its thing.  My cardiologist is always amazed at my numbers, says to keep doing what I've been doing, has reduced my visits to just yearly checkups.  And that's a good thing! Smiley

Happy New Year to all, and I hope you attain all your goals!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:15AM by Jack » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:37PM »

CW related.  I have two shows coming up this year and look forward to them but am also cautious given all the cutbacks that CW management has been embarking on recently.  Like, what else will they come up with?

Kirstie:  I hope you get your wishes but if you move out on your own realize that your living expenses will go way up.

Jack:  Wow, you have been through a lot.  Hang in there.  You are an inspiration.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: