Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 500  (Read 10350 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: September 12, 2007, 05:34PM »

My first encounter with CW was in the early summer of 2005. I was flipping through channels and I came across a beautiful blonde singing in a language that I had never heard. I listened till the end of the song and then continued my channel surfing. The next day I found myself thinking of the woman on PBS so, being the great computer nerd that I am, I went to the internet and looked up the program. Armed with the name Celtic Woman I went out and bough the CD and, like most, was completely blown away by what I heard. It took me nearly three months of on and off searching to get my hands on the DVD, they were sold out everywhere. At one point I even tried to bribe a clerk at B&N for a copy that was on hold for another customer. I looked up the official website and read everything on it which eventually lead to the official CW forum. I joined, but in retrospect I don’t think I actually ever posted anything. Then, much like now, I enjoyed watching how the forum community interacted.

I followed the forum when it became unofficial and through both incarnations of it under Danielle. When the forum crashed for the second time, and Danielle turned the whole thing over to Brian and Jenny, I found myself missing the community. I missed knowing how people were doing and the concert reports and the news updates. And then, one day, the forum came back. It was a free forum, but it was the best Brian and Jenny could do at the time. They had figured, correctly,  that a free forum was better then no forum. But it bothered me. I had seen the nice, ad free digs we were used to having and I knew that the community that I loved so much would suffer. So, knowing that I had the requisite knowledge of how to build a forum and, as I was on spring break, the time to build one, I sent Jenny an e-mail offering to set up a new forum. I didn’t know if Jenny was already working on a new forum, or if she would even want me as she probably had no idea who I was. But I desperately wanted this chance to give back.

Over the next few days Jenny and I e-mailed and talked on the phone. We agreed that I would work on a design and we would go from there. I worked on it for most of my spring break and then sent the design off to Jenny for approval. If you ever have a chance to work with Jenny, on anything, do it. She’s a wonderful person and is so enthusiastic about everything that working with her is really a joy. She loved the design, I loved that she loved the design, and well, there were two REALLY happy people involved in that phone call.

So today, as we hit 500 members I would like to take this opportunity to say how much I appreciate you all. You have made our small part of the web a fun and wonderful place to be. Rich has said it before and I'll say it again, a forum is only as good as its members, and y'all rock. Without you this place would be nothing.

And to Brian, Jenny, and Rich... Thank you so much for letting me do this. Your friendship, kindness, and trust has made whatever work I've put in here more then worth it.

Lindsey
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 06:02PM »

It's a genuine pleasure working with you and getting to know you.  And without you, this forum would be, well........ imagine the sound of a toilet flushing.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
adam

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 06:05PM »

very well said aislin. and without you and the other administrators we wouldnt have a clean forum.
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:37PM »

Aislin, we appreciate all of the time and effort you put into this forum.   We wouldn't have this wonderful place if it wasn't for you.  Thank you!

Rich, you are awesome!  Thank you for everything you do.

Thank you to all of the forum members for making this place so special. 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:46PM »

Thanks again, Lindsey. I appreciate all you've done in the service of this forum and its members. We have 500 members in large part due to your efforts. Take some time to feel good about yourself.... and then back to work!  Cheesy

You're the best.

Chris

epicwolf

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:09PM »

AIIISLIN!!!!!!!!  Grin

I got to give it to you Lindsey, you picked the perfect color scheme, the perfect images, the perfect forum. Brian, Jenny and Rich picked the right person to handle the job and what a wonderful job it is that you do. Not only that you guys run a tight shipped here. No loose cannons allowed though I tend to be at the border of it  since i got such strong opinions at times LOL. You are what this Celtic Woman forum is all about. Integrity and Class. Congradulation on having 500 members and counting and many more to come.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 07:10PM »

Take some time to feel good about yourself.... and then back to work!  Cheesy

aislin
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 07:47PM »

Lindsey, I would like to Thank You for all the hard work you put into this forum! This forum is the best thing that has happen to me.  I have met the most wonderful people here and you all are the best!

THANKS!

Caitlin  Cheesy

Thanks Lindsey
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 07:48PM »

Yes 500 is impressive. I wonder if the forum will continue to grow like this, or if at some point growth will taper off a bit. As CW gains more fame and more fans, it seems logical to assume some will join the forum and growth should continue.

Its not just quantity though. As you all have said, its quality too. This is a good bunch.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
CTofer

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 07:55PM »

Aislin/Lindsey,
    You have really done an amazing job with the forum.  Danielle probably had no idea just what
she was starting when she first made this place. And I think I speak for everyone who comes to
this place when I say it's almost as though it's a second home of sorts, both this forum and the chatroom. I am probably the least technologically inclined person out there, and so I am tremendously grateful that someone knows enough how to put something together like this. I know in addition to having put this forum together that you also put in quite a bit of time and effort in it's upkeep, along with several other folks. Thank you so much for all you do to make this happen. It's greatly appreciated and we are truly indebted to you.
   God bless you always,
      Chris
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 12:52AM »

Thank you Lindsey for all the hard work and creativity you put into this wonderful home.  You made a place for a lot of wonderful people to meet.

Thank you Rich for all your time and work keeping us together and on topics.

Thanks to all the wonderful members that make this a friendly, entertaining and supportive group.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 02:34AM »

Thank you, aislin, for all you do and your hard work so we can have a place to share our love of Celtic Woman.

Thank you Rich for looking out for the people of Celtic Woman, and the fans too.

Thank you moderators for watching our posts and handling issues that come up.

And, finally, thank you members for being a family.

Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 05:16AM »

Now, that we've got us all, how about a celebration?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 07:35AM »

Lindsey,Rich, and all our fantastic moderators,

Thank you for all you have done in the past ,and are doing now, to make this such a special place to come to.
Fan forums were new to me until I discovered Celtic Woman. I just knew that I wanted to share my feelings and thoughts with other people who were as crazy about these lovely ladies as I was. I have always felt welcome here and , along  with our other 499 members, have smiled, laughed, and sometimes cried when reading the posts. Your tireless efforts are truly appreciated.

...and to my fellow forum members - I LOVE YOU GUYS ! Grin Grin

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 09:22AM »

...and to my fellow forum members - I LOVE YOU GUYS !

Ahh I love you too! *Hug tackels everyone!

You all have made some of my worst days better and I laugh so much more now! I want you thank you all for that!

Besides, whats this forum without Trouble?!  Grin

Caitlin

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: