Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with forum?  (Read 78438 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: October 08, 2012, 04:05PM »

I don't know what exactly happened, but recently I was having problems with the forum. I wanted to go to a different post and suddenly I found that I couldn't access the forum for some strange reason. I forgot to write down what it said that the cause was. Can one of the mods explain what happened?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:42PM »

a few times I`ve gotten "resource limit exceeded....please try again later". IDK what that means but everything is usually okay after a few minutes.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44AM »

a few times I`ve gotten "resource limit exceeded....please try again later". IDK what that means but everything is usually okay after a few minutes.

I have received that same message a few times, and as Kevin says you can usually get back on and post fairly soon.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:35PM »

I have received that same message a few times, and as Kevin says you can usually get back on and post fairly soon.

When did you all start seeing this message and how often are you seeing it?

aislin
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 05:25AM »

When did you all start seeing this message and how often are you seeing it?

aislin
  probably within the last 4-6 weeks. It doesn`t happen very often but before the message appears(black wording on a white background), the site slows way down as you post.If you wait 2-3 minutes, the site returns to normal. Havn`t seen it in the last couple of weeks.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:34AM »

I have seen it off and on over the past several months but not in the last 2-3 weeks.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:26PM »

I'm  guessing that mean's there is too much activity at one time... but I might be wrong about that.   Undecided

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:40PM »

I'm  guessing that mean's there is too much activity at one time... but I might be wrong about that.   Undecided

Hmmmm, that sounds like what it means. But I'm not sure why we're seeing it now. I haven't seen it, but I'll get with our host and see what they say. Thanks for letting me know!

aislin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:01PM by aislin » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 08:30AM »

Aislin, who is it you are going to get with? Grin

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 11:02PM »

Aislin, who is it you are going to get with? Grin

Tongue

Our host. I fixed it.

aislin
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 03:58PM »

Is this what you guys are seeing? I just saw it for the first time today.

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 04:01PM »

yep...that`s it and before it comes on the forum slows waaaay dowm...usually showing  a buffering wheel...but havn`t seen it in the last couple of weeks.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 03:53PM »

got the "resource limit is reached"  this afternoon. The site slows to a snails pace...anything you click on gets "  waiting for Celticwoman.com" for like 2 minutes then the " resource limit reached...please try later" comes on. After a few minutes, it returns to normal.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 08:07PM »

Yeah, I'm with ya. I see on the server end that we're tripping the alert, but it doesn't tell me why. The host and I are trying to puzzle it out so please hang in there for a bit.

aislin
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 11:32PM »

Hey guys,

After getting together with our hosts, it looks like the problem we're seeing is caused by an upgrade to CloudLinux that balances out server usage and the uptick in traffic we're seeing because of the Christmas release and upcoming tour. There is another round of updates scheduled to hit our server next weekend that should give us a few options to try and limit our server usage without us having to change our hosting situation. So please bear with us a few more days and we'll try and get this all sorted out.

aislin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: