Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Add Tapatalk support?  (Read 7408 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: November 30, 2012, 11:37AM »

Hi,

I hope this doesn't end up in spam, as that is not my intent.
I was just thinking of a way that the forum could get more people using it, without having to go through a clunky web browser.

I use a piece of software called Tapatalk on several of the forums I frequent.

It's an two-part system:

The main software is available for iOS, Android and Blackberry devices and everything is designed to work with different forum systems. The software for forum users generally costs a couple dollars (depending on your region and platform, I paid $2.99 + tax here in Canada for an iPhone version) and (IMO) is worth the price for the capabilities that it provides.

The software for the forum itself costs nothing. It's just a plugin that requires a simple activation process.

So, would you use Tapatalk for easier access to the forum on the go?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:46PM by urbanracer34 » Logged

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:43PM »

Glad I was the first to vote. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:07PM »

I've removed the poll as a support forum generally isn't the place for one.

There's been a lot of talk over the years about SMF (the forum program) and apps for it. SMF itself offers no such app as some others do so Taptalk or something like it would be about the only way to go. That being said, I hate the idea of members having to pay to use it for one, and there are some general problems with it as well that wouldn't matter except from a programming and/or administrative standpoint. There haven't been too many requests (I think you're the 2nd) for this type of functionality so I haven't looked into it too much but I defiantly can going forward.

aislin
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:09PM »

It's been over a month since I made this request. I was wondering how well/far the "looking into it" has been going and if it would be possible to get this implemented "soon"? Browsing from an iPhone browser screen is very clunky and archaic.

Keep in mind, that Tapatalk is optional for any forum and the users themselves, including admins and mods. You don't have to support it if you don't want to, but it would be nice for those who can/would/will use it Smiley, which is why the poll was in place, to get opinions. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: