Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bethel Woods NY June 15, 2013  (Read 14866 times)
GeorgeN

« on: December 22, 2012, 04:22PM »

Anyone have tickets yet?

GeorgeN
John910

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42PM »

No I didn't get tickets yet, but I see that is on a Saturday.

Because of my schedule I usually don't get tickets until the day of the concert at the venues, when I go by myself which is 98% of the time.

GeorgeN

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 03:23PM »

Well I finally broke down and got tickets about a week ago. Then.... after I got them, WSKG ran a fund raiser with a CW show and offered tickets!

There was still about half the theater open (huge place), but only a sprinkling of single seats in the first section. Since I need a pair, I settled for the second tier.

Bethel is a great place to see CW (or any concert) if you like outdoor settings. They also have two large video displays.

The last CW concert I saw there featured a thunderstorm during the last few songs that was blowing the curtains around, and provided a nice cooling wind.

Sad to say, this is the 2nd from the last show for this year's North America Tour.  Sad

GeorgeN
GeorgeN

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 08:48PM »

Two years ago when CW was at Bethel they took the girls down to the old Woodstock '69 concert site  in the middle of the afternoon (using electric carts) to look around.

Lynn Hillary stayed for a while after the others left and was singing old Joni Mitchel songs while standing by herself at the old stage area. During the concert Lynn said "I was really born into the wrong generation. I feel like I'm really a part of the Woodstock generation in spirit." Of course that gained a loud cheer from the older folks in the audience. She also mentioned what a thrill it was to sing some songs at the old Woodstock stage.

At the last CW show (this is out doors, with the show starting around sundown) the temp at show time was 98 degrees! The cast was really sweating. However, lightning in the distance got brighter and a big storm finally broke about 3 or 4 songs from the end, with heavy thunder and lightning and the wind blowing the show's curtains around. The cool air and storm really "charged up" the last two songs.!

GeorgeN
John910

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 09:51PM »

I was at that show. I remember the heat and humidity and the storm during the last 3 or 4 songs.

Also there was fog and deer as I was driving home.
edtom

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:01AM »

Just a few days left.

I love Celtic Woman
GeorgeN

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:46PM »

Anyone know anything about up-grading tickets thru Ticketmaster?

I just saw a post on FB from Bethel that a block of held tickets have been released.

When I got mine, I got the best that were left, but now I see a pair in the 5th row. All I got from Bethel Woods is: We do offer up-grades at the box office on the day of the concert.

I really don't want to pay another $210 for tickets when I already have two, but I'd pay the difference to move up.

Anyway..... I'm looking forward to this.

GeorgeN
GeorgeN

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 06:20PM »

Tomorrow night, and the weather looks PERFICT for this out-door concert!   ....maybe even a little chilly, so the crew should feel like they are home in Ireland.

GeorgeN
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 06:39PM »

So for all those who went, how was Mairead?  Apparently she's not feeling well or is sick right now.
GeorgeN

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 08:35PM »

So for all those who went, how was Mairead?  Apparently she's not feeling well or is sick right now.

If she was sick, she certainly didn't show it! Her performance was 101%, and she seemed to be having a good time!

GeorgeN
GeorgeN

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 09:04PM »

Cutest moment at Bethel Woods: During “Parting Glass” Susan bent her knee, lifting her foot up behind her…. and right up Anthony’s kilt!  Shocked Being the “consummate professional”, he didn’t miss a note! Mairead saw it all, and laughing, gave Susan a little push, and then a swat with her violin bow!

Second cutest: Chloe spent the day before the show walking around the area in full “1960’s Woodstock Flower Child” outfit…. Beads, flowers in her hair, flowered head-band, long saffron dress, etc. She *really* looked like she was right out of 1969, bringing smiles to the faces of old hippies (like me).

Worst moment: Most of the Bethel Woods members (season box holders), who are probably not crazy Celtic Woman fans like our forum members, did not realize that the show was *not* over and they all got up and starting walking out during “Parting Glass”  Huh, probably thinking that it was the end. However, that did leave a big area to walk up into to watch the usual encore from close up. Also, the venue was a lot less observant of stopping people from coming in during the performance than any of the others I've been to. Again, it appeared that most of these rude people were coming from the members’ only concession area.

Because of the way Bethel is laid out they could not do the usual “down in the audience dancing, and sit in guy’s lap” thing. It still went very well.

The weather was perfect (noted by one of the girls during the show). This is the first CW show I’ve seen with the stage and performers bathed in the golden glow of the setting sun, which was on the horizon at show time directly opposite of the stage. It created a memorable difference. Of course it was fully dark, with moon high in the sky, when the show ended.

I was at a local resort that provided a bus to the show (about 10 people?), and a few of us ate breakfast together the next morning, discussing what a great time we had. I went back over to Bethel Woods and walked around in the gardens they have there now.

GeorgeN
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 09:07PM »

Did they do Finale/Mo Ghile Mear? I thought I read a review that said they dropped it recently...
edtom

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 05:58AM »

Did they do Finale/Mo Ghile Mear? I thought I read a review that said they dropped it recently...

Yes, they did the full, wonderful show. At the recent Red Rocks concert near Denver, Mairead apparently got a little winded from the 5,000 foot elevation and they cut the finale a little short, but she's fine now.

I love Celtic Woman
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23PM »

Yes, they did the full, wonderful show. At the recent Red Rocks concert near Denver, Mairead apparently got a little winded from the 5,000 foot elevation and they cut the finale a little short, but she's fine now.
Oh no! Poor thing! I read that she's been feeling sick! Poor girl! Get better soon! Eat your soup!
GeorgeN

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33PM »

Yes they did it and it was great...... however, the members with boxes all started walking out in the middle of Parting Glass.  Angry

With half the audience streaming out, I got up and walked up front to watch the end.

GeorgeN
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: