Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bethel Woods NY June 15, 2013  (Read 14865 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 09:39PM »

Why anyone would get up and leave until the girls are off the stage, the main lights are back on, and the music is gone is beyond incomprehensible.

However, I saw the same thing @ the Christmas show last year.  The lady sitting next to me was going to leave when she thought it was over but I told her not to leave.  I had to quickly tell her that they are going to do "Let it Snow" which of course they did.
GeorgeN

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 02:39PM »

Why anyone would get up and leave until the girls are off the stage, the main lights are back on, and the music is gone is beyond incomprehensible.

However, I saw the same thing @ the Christmas show last year.  The lady sitting next to me was going to leave when she thought it was over but I told her not to leave.  I had to quickly tell her that they are going to do "Let it Snow" which of course they did.

While I can "understand it" at Bethel Woods, I can't condone it.

About 20% of the seats there are reserved for members, who pay an annual membership, and in return get better seating (quality, not location), a separate members' food & drink area, special parking, and most importantly, tickets to all shows. It also takes something like 20 minutes to walk to your car, and then maybe another 20 minutes to get out of the lot. The members are probably not "big fans" of any particular artist who performs there, and they also know the deal with exiting. They therefore would rather start out during the last song of a concert "to beat the crowd". Unfortunately, for people who are not avid fans of CW, it is difficult to figure out when the show is ending.

Also, the members seem to have a habit of walking in from their special food and booze area as the see fit.

Next time CW comes to Bethel Woods I'll get up-front tickets early on!

GeorgeN
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: