Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huntsville, Alabama - My first CW concert! Finally!  (Read 5698 times)
jsharp

« on: December 23, 2012, 12:11AM »

Nothing extensive, just a brief mention of my first CW concert. It was outstanding!

Huntsville was the final stop of the 2012 ACC tour and the girls made frequent mention throughout the evening that they were sad to be winding the show down for the season but excited to be heading home for Christmas.

This was also my first time hearing Susan do the ACC numbers and she was amazing. She did a great job coaching the audience through GTWYR. And she knocked The Christmas Song out of the park. Brilliant. The only problem was her spotlight. It was flickering around the edges and her face was only partially lit for much of the night. And that was when the operator remembered to turn hers on! Once she even said, while singing in the dark, "Hey! I'm right here!"

Mairead is nursing a bad cold and has nearly lost her voice. As loudly as possible, she noted the irony of the one non-singer in the group losing her voice. She wished for cough syrup for Christmas. Her performance was not affected one bit by her illness, however. She put on a terrific show.

I would go on more but it's late and we have Christmas activities tomorrow. I know I haven't posted in a few years (Sorry!) but I just had to let everyone know i finally saw CW live!

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:35AM »

congratulations on your first concert!

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18AM »

Congrats on your first concert! Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:21AM »

Congratulations.  They are great, aren't they?  THE BEST!! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: