Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble logging in  (Read 8363 times)
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« on: January 01, 2013, 11:07PM »

I usually stay logged in all the time on all the devices I own, but I just got a brand new iPod (5th generation) and I can't log in on it. When I type in my username it always says "that username does not exist". Is there a way to fix this?

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:49AM »

Are you talking an iPod Touch? Does it look like one of these? http://www.apple.com/ca/ipod-touch/ It has to be one, no other iPod has Wi-Fi.
Make sure it's updated to the latest iOS (the internal software that drives it). Usually iTunes will check every week for a update, make sure it's plugged in and synced and iTunes should prompt you to update if it requires it.

The banner on the top of the page above the toolbar (Home|CW.com|Shop|THKF|Help|FAQ|Search|Profile|My Messages|Calendar|Members|Chat|Logout) can obscure some of the login area on a smaller screen (such as on a iPhone), so you'll have to type your username blind. Sad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:14PM »

Yes, it looks just like that. And it's all updated and everything because its brand new and I just got it a little less than a week ago. I can get to the login area just fine to type in my username, but when I do that it says my username does not exist!! Very annoying.

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:50PM »

Ok, I figured it out!!! I kept trying to log in as Potato Pants, I didn't realize I had to type in my old username (CelticWomanFreak) to log in. Roll Eyes

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:37PM »

Good to hear you resolved it! Grin

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:07PM »

Ok, I figured it out!!! I kept trying to log in as Potato Pants, I didn't realize I had to type in my old username (CelticWomanFreak) to log in. Roll Eyes

Your username and your display name are two different things withing the forum. Your username is what you use to login, not the display name. That way your login always remains consistent even if your name doesn't. I have no idea why it is programmed that way. *shrugs* Sorry for the confusion.

Are you talking an iPod Touch? Does it look like one of these? http://www.apple.com/ca/ipod-touch/ It has to be one, no other iPod has Wi-Fi.
Make sure it's updated to the latest iOS (the internal software that drives it). Usually iTunes will check every week for a update, make sure it's plugged in and synced and iTunes should prompt you to update if it requires it.

The banner on the top of the page above the toolbar (Home|CW.com|Shop|THKF|Help|FAQ|Search|Profile|My Messages|Calendar|Members|Chat|Logout) can obscure some of the login area on a smaller screen (such as on a iPhone), so you'll have to type your username blind. Sad

There is a login form at the bottom of the forum if you ever have that problem again.

aislin
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52PM »

Your username and your display name are two different things withing the forum. Your username is what you use to login, not the display name. That way your login always remains consistent even if your name doesn't. I have no idea why it is programmed that way. *shrugs* Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, at least I know now. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: