Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lisa Kelly Voice Academy  (Read 40946 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 06:09PM »

This might be a rather dumb question, but if Lisa is teaching at the Academy, and correct me if i'm wrong on that, does that mean that the Porter's live in GA now?

That's what it looks like.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 07:39PM »

I am also interested to see what kind of changes this brings to Celtic Woman which will obviously be coming under new management. Will they add to the lineup? Will their interaction with the public be as frequent and as well supported by CW Ltd as it has been? Who knows, only time will tell
I wonder about that too.  I'm sure we can expect a few changes in the group with all of this happening, though change isn't necessarily a bad thing. Smiley  I'm a fan as long as CW keeps producing beautiful music. Grin
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44PM »

Interesting turn of events.  She already has 4 students without opening the door. Smiley
I hope we get to see her perform again sometime.  
She is very special. Smiley

Just wondering -- will there be Americans now singing with Irish accents? Wink
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:56PM by Jim M. » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44PM »

This is a great  venture for Lisa! I'm happy for her. I bet she'll  do  fabulously.   Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:24PM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

oregongirl29
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 07:55PM »

She did say that she always wanted to be a teacher and now she is .I think it's great.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 08:11PM »

Good for Lisa! I'm happy for her! Grin
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 08:48PM »

This is truly bittersweet news. I am extremely happy for Lisa and Scott and wish them the best luck at their new venture. At the same time, my heart cries for Celtic Woman, who (by no fault of their own) will suffer a bit without Lisa. But, maybe this will open the opportunity to allow new members. As much as I like Susan, I don't really think she fits the group as well as previous members. Maybe she just hadn't had a chance to shine, like the other members. I would love to see her perform a song that complimented her vocal talent. She just doesn't seem to have the angelic touch that Lisa Kelly, Orla, Meav, Lynn, and Alex all had, but I would love to be proved wrong. The lineup will no doubt change and shift again by the time their next DVD/CD is released. I would be perfectly fine if Susan stayed on, but only with the addition of another singer. The group thrives best when four singers are present. For some reason (unbeknownst to me), five singers was too much for the group, but "A New Journey" was a really special DVD/CD. My own wish for the next DVD/CD lineup is Mairead, Chloe, Lisa Lambe, Lynn Hilary (a wish, I know), and (and while I'm dreaming) Meav. Meav's Christmas CD return made me long for the times of old. And I would love for the next DVD to be shot outside at another Irish castle. The concerts seem so special and Irish there.
I agree... Susan is wonderful, but it does seem like she doesn't fit as well.. although it was her first tour.  And she is a sweetheart... I was lucky to meet her this past April.  I feel like Lisa was the glue that held the group together... It definitely won't be the same.. although I am happy for her and Scott... my heart is just breaking..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 08:54PM »

This is truly bittersweet news. I am extremely happy for Lisa and Scott and wish them the best luck at their new venture. At the same time, my heart cries for Celtic Woman, who (by no fault of their own) will suffer a bit without Lisa. But, maybe this will open the opportunity to allow new members. As much as I like Susan, I don't really think she fits the group as well as previous members. Maybe she just hadn't had a chance to shine, like the other members. I would love to see her perform a song that complimented her vocal talent. She just doesn't seem to have the angelic touch that Lisa Kelly, Orla, Meav, Lynn, and Alex all had, but I would love to be proved wrong. The lineup will no doubt change and shift again by the time their next DVD/CD is released. I would be perfectly fine if Susan stayed on, but only with the addition of another singer. The group thrives best when four singers are present. For some reason (unbeknownst to me), five singers was too much for the group, but "A New Journey" was a really special DVD/CD. My own wish for the next DVD/CD lineup is Mairead, Chloe, Lisa Lambe, Lynn Hilary (a wish, I know), and (and while I'm dreaming) Meav. Meav's Christmas CD return made me long for the times of old. And I would love for the next DVD to be shot outside at another Irish castle. The concerts seem so special and Irish there.
I agree... Susan is wonderful, but it does seem like she doesn't fit as well.. although it was her first tour.  And she is a sweetheart... I was lucky to meet her this past April.  I feel like Lisa was the glue that held the group together... It definitely won't be the same.. although I am happy for her and Scott... my heart is just breaking..

My heart is heavy too, but let's be careful not to write CW off, simply because someone we have associated with the group for so long is gone. I'm not saying youre doing that, Sarah, by any means, but others might. Remember that we as humans are resistant to change. But this new chapter promises wonderful things for Lisa and family, and has opened new doors for CW as well. We may always long for what was, but we should never stop appreciating what is.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27AM »

This might be a rather dumb question, but if Lisa is teaching at the Academy, and correct me if i'm wrong on that, does that mean that the Porter's live in GA now?

Lisa and Scott have lived in Peachtree Ga for some time now. Long time ago she posted a mailing address and was a po box in Ga.

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 01:05PM »

Lisa and Scott have lived in Peachtree Ga for some time now. Long time ago she posted a mailing address and was a po box in Ga.

Thank you, Glen. I was not aware of that.

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53PM »

My heart is heavy too, but let's be careful not to write CW off, simply because someone we have associated with the group for so long is gone. I'm not saying youre doing that, Sarah, by any means, but others might. Remember that we as humans are resistant to change. But this new chapter promises wonderful things for Lisa and family, and has opened new doors for CW as well. We may always long for what was, but we should never stop appreciating what is.
Oh Misha, trust me, I'm not writing them off Smiley  I've seen them without Lisa and Susan is amazing!!!!  She is by no means Lisa, obviously, but she brings something new and exciting to the group too. Smiley  I'm just saying it won't be the same. Sad
Although Susan is a sweetheart in M&Gs too Cheesy

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59PM »

But if it were always the same, we would eventually lose interest

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 06:22PM »

So it's pretty official that Lisa Kelly is not coming back to Celtic Woman?
chellek

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03PM »

I would say so.   Cry
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59PM »

Scott has said on twitter that they're not ruling it out forever. So I'd say it's more of a never say never type of deal. Just look at Méav showing up on Home for Christmas.

aislin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: