Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lisa Kelly Voice Academy  (Read 40954 times)
Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2013, 05:55PM »

I'm very happy for Lisa and Scott.
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 03:44PM »

Cheesy Belated congrats to the Porters on their new venture/adventure! Cheesy  I wanna add, too, that we're head-over-heels to have them as (we hope) full-time residents of GA; and we wish success and longevity to the school.  I, for one, will be monitoring the LKVA for recitals with hopes of seeing Lisa again (and something tells me that I’m not alone in this); and if I hear that they’re having an Open House: I. am. there.    Smiley

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Gail

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 03:15PM »

I agree with some of the comments, and also disagree with some of them.

Yes, there are groups who change, and groups who can maintain their members and special sound......and that last item is what can either make each particular group special -- or, if too many singers come and go over the span of the group's peak popularity, it makes a difference whether that group CAN maintain its "special" sound....or whether somewhere along the way of member changes, the special sound gets lost, and the group starts sounding like any other group, even if the arrangements ARE good (and I give David Downes a lot of credit in that respect).

Yes, Chloe has a special sound and a way of making whatever song she sings - come alive, and Maeraid - is Maeraid (a special entity in her own right)............but I wonder what will happen to their sound, as others come into the group. Some new ones HAVE surprised me with their voices and expressiveness of singing -- and a few have unfortunately left me feeling totally flat. I am sorry, but that is the truth.

One other thing.......many of us who have been very supportive fans -- were never able to attend any of the concerts (for various reasons). We made up for that by watching the PBS concerts, and buying the DVD's. So please do not think us any less devoted fans just because we have never been to a concert.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:19PM by Gail » Logged
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36PM »

One other thing.......many of us who have been very supportive fans -- were never able to attend any of the concerts (for various reasons). We made up for that by watching the PBS concerts, and buying the DVD's. So please do not think us any less devoted fans just because we have never been to a concert.

This is a very, very important thing to remember. I almost did not have the opportunity to go to the concert I will soon attend, but I can be as supportive as any other fan out there, and the girls themselves would certainly not favor fans who have gone to concerts over those who have not gotten that opportunity, so we should not either.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 03:40PM »

The CW love their fans no matter what. If you`ve been to several concerts, they often RECOGNIZE people and wave. We love CW ....whether you`ve seen them in concert is a bonus but  not a prerequisite to being a fan.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 06:25PM »

I totally respect her decision & I'm happy for her, but it just makes me sad to see her under the "Former Members" list on Wikipedia & the Celtic Woman website. Cry
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 08:33PM »

I totally respect her decision & I'm happy for her, but it just makes me sad to see her under the "Former Members" list on Wikipedia & the Celtic Woman website. Cry
  Well  said   CM....   your sentiments , I'm sure , are echoed by many.   

chellek

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 05:56PM »

Me, too.   Sad
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01PM »

Me, too.   Sad

Agreed

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: