Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Number of Celtic concerts attended  (Read 26440 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« on: January 27, 2013, 07:23AM »

Besides Celtic Woman, I think some of us have attended different Celtic concerts like Celtic Thunder. I went to the Celtic Woman concert six times and the Celtic Thunder one once. Can anyone tell me how many Celtic concerts they've attended?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:15AM »

I have been to 3 Celtic Thunder shows. Also seen Natalie MacMaster, Altan and Cherish the Ladies in concert. Had tickets for Clannad and Eileen Ivers but my bad foot forced me to miss those!  Angry

I also had a ticket for Anuna when they came to town several years ago, but they changed the venue and no one thought to announce it. When I did find out and learned where they moved the concert to, it wasn't that far but I didn't know the area and hoped to take a bus, but buses didn't run out there! So they did give me a refund on my ticket and didn't even argue it. But I don't think it was Anuna's fault. I think the venue should have clearly announced what had happened.

I have also seen Riverdance twice and Lord of the Dance once, until this March when I will see LotD twice in one day, from the same seat both shows!

Also, forgot this so had to add and edit : Been to a couple Orla solo shows and her Nashville recording with Meav.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:17AM by Cash » Logged

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 02:16PM »

NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!! Wink

I think Cash has been to a few Celtic Woman shows, too. Smiley

I have seen CW 24 times, including 3 with The High Kings as the opening act.  At one of the shows, our friend Kimberly was in the front row and met Chloe (for the first time) and Mairead at the meet and greet.  That was a very special evening. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:04PM by Jim M. » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 02:19PM »

My mommy has been to those concerts I was talking about six times.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55AM »

I've attended eight CW shows with two more coming up this year and I've seen CT twice.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43AM »

My town has had a good lot of Irish/Celtic musicians performing here in the last few years.  We've had the Irish Chamber Orchestra and Natalie MacMaster, and Lord of the Dance will also be performing next month. 

Despite this, I've only managed to see a handful of shows. I've been to two Celtic Woman concerts--A New Journey, and Isle of Hope.  I was planning on seeing them for Songs of the Heart, but my college funds wouldn't let me.  Same reason why I can't see them this year.  Roll Eyes  I also got to see Riverdance back in May--I very much enjoyed that. Grin
Gerard

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 01:25PM »

Well, i've been around a lot, and so I've seen a lot. Of course, I attended Celtic Woman's Paris concert (curiously, one of the other students in my irish dance class was also at this concert).

As for other shows, I've seen Riverdance (four times), Lord of the Dance, Rhythm of the Dance, Magic of the Dance, Gaelforce Dance, Spirit of Ireland, To Dance on the Moon, Dancing on Dangerous Ground, Celtic Legends, Irish Legends, Irish Celtic and the first two St. Patrick Day's concerts in the Stade de France.

Artists: Let me see: Gilles Servat, Carlos Nuñez, Susanna Seivane, Altan, the Chieftains (twice), the Dubliners, Gaelic Storm (the last two at EuroDisney), Grand Dérangement (three times), Vishten (twice). I may have forgotten a few, but it will probably come back to me later.

Edit: What did I tell you: How could I forget Tri Yann ?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:31PM by Gerard » Logged
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 02:08PM »

I have been to 7 Celtic Woman show, 2 Celtic Crossroads, Riverdance, Leahy, and The High Kings

Thanks Lindsey
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:45PM »

Only 1, CW's Christmas show this past year.

#2 in two weeks in Dallas.
edtom

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57PM »

I've been to Riverdance three times (the first two with Lisa Kelly) and Lord of the Dance three times, all at the Clemens Center in Elmira.
Prior to this year, I had been to five Celtic Woman concerts. So far this year, I have been to five more with Bethel to come.
This year, I also saw Celtic Nights with Una Pedreschi.

I love Celtic Woman
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 06:44PM »

I have been to 4 CW  concerts with 1 M@G .....

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 06:48AM »

4 CW concerts.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04AM »

After last weekend I'm up to 10 CW concerts with four M&G's.  I've seen CT twice.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 05:52AM »

I've been to CW 5 times
I've seen a dance troupe called "INISH" based out of Williams college once
and I''m missing CT this year by about a month

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 11:31AM »

I've seen Riverdance and a local Symphony Celtic concert. Sadly, no CW concerts yet.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: