Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How come Rich Ropes is still listed as an admin?  (Read 20895 times)
BlueAquaOcean

« on: February 13, 2013, 09:44PM »

Is there no way to change his account to a normal one? Just asking.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:01PM »

Rich Ropes was the original admin of this site in this current incarnation. He was an extremely kind and dedicated fan of CW, who did a lot for the girls by supporting them every way he could and did even more for the fan community beyond running this site, even though that task is monumental in itself. As you may or may not know, cancer took Rich from this earth. I never got the opportunity to meet or interact with him, but can tell how wonderful of a person he was from those topics which contain his posts here on the forum.

My guess would be that although there is likely a way to demote Rich from admin, it feels wrong.  I know it would to me, if I were the one in charge of making that decision. Especially since demotions from such a position are typically because the person has done something wrong. Rich worked really hard to make sure this place was a safe haven for us. Lindsey (Aislin) has likely left his admin status intact as a sort of memorial, and a reminder that he touched the lives of so many and continues to watch over us all.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:49PM »

Well said , Misha.....    Smiley

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04PM »

Thank you James, I hope I haven't spoken out of turn, I know I am still somewhat of a newbie here.

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08PM »

Thank you James, I hope I haven't spoken out of turn, I know I am still somewhat of a newbie here.
    I encountered Rich first on the old now  non-existent  Lisa forum where he served in  a similar capacity. I was warmly welcomed and found him to also have a dry, but good sense of humor.  Everything you said was true.  I think many would echo similar sentiments  so I don't think you were out of turn.   

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 09:20PM »

Okay thanks James.  Grin

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 07:05AM »

I had numerous interactions with Rich.....he was truly a nice guy. When I was hospitalized, he saw to it that I got a hard to find LYNN autographed  photo to complete my collection. He did indeed have a dry sense of humor and the fact that I had a squirrel named Meav Ni Squirrelchatka  really cracked him up. I think he`s looking down at us and is still guiding the forum.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 09:40AM »

I love Misha's outstanding tribute to Rich and I agree whole heartedly.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34PM »

I love Misha's outstanding tribute to Rich and I agree whole heartedly.

AWWWWWW thank you  Grin Embarrassed

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 02:53PM »

I agree with Misha.
That was very well said, and I don't think it was out of turn at all.

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 03:07PM »

I agree completely with Misha, and I don't think it was out of turn at all. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 10:43AM »

Nah, you're fine.

Can I edit Rich's account and make him not an admin, yes. I've been asked this before and honestly, I don't know what I want to do or if I want to do anything with his account. At the least I should probably go in and make an annotation somewhere on his account that he has passed... but it's a really difficult thing for me. Rich was a very good personal friend as well as a wonderful co-admin and I miss him a lot so, for now, he'll stay an admin.

aislin
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 03:06PM »

Is there a way to mark an account as inactive?  I know a lot of forums have that feature, depending on the software.

The one danger of having an inactive account with full admin rights is that it would be the easiest account to hack if someone wanted to break in and do damage.  A malicious individual inside with full admin rights would be like dropping a hydrogen bomb on the forum.

Having run my own forum once, and being a current staff member on others, this was a thought which came to mind when I first saw this thread posted.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 09:57PM »

Is there a way to lock his account from further edits without having to delete it or deactivate it? Maybe you can someone just have his account say retired and then we won't have this problem? Did Rich say what he wanted to be done? I also don't know if you've found a replacement adminastrator or not, but I hope that the search goes well, if you are looking for one.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 07:52PM »

I also don't know if you've found a replacement adminastrator or not, but I hope that the search goes well, if you are looking for one.

We've only ever had two Admins, and occasionally a temp admin for if we're both MIA for some reason. Kim, tiburongirl, is my co-admin.

aislin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: