Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How come Rich Ropes is still listed as an admin?  (Read 20739 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 06:00AM »

It`s been a whole year since we lost our dear friend Rich. I `m sure he`s still watching over the forum.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 05:21PM »

I also don't know if you've found a replacement adminastrator or not, but I hope that the search goes well, if you are looking for one.

We've only ever had two Admins, and occasionally a temp admin for if we're both MIA for some reason. Kim, tiburongirl, is my co-admin.

aislin

I guess I meant to say moderator. But I guess you've been doing well all this time without him, so I guess you've either found one or are doing well with what you have.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Mystic Knight

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 01:39PM »

I personally think you have to be rather noisily insane to be an admin.  In the final weeks of Mythbusters Fan Club I asked the owner of the site if I could take on the role of admin, I had been a mod for years before that.  Most of the mods and all of the admins had gone inactive, the owner and head admin was out because medical reasons (she is doing much better) I was getting between 500 and 1000 new members wanting to join per day, all profiles had to be screened to see if they met the guidelines and accepted or required additional info.  The confirmation email was automated when I accepted, the ones that need more needed an explanation.  I had to learn the software tools as I went and had no one to help me, then there was the duties of mod.  Of course I also have a life family work...and only 24 hours in a day.  The bald spot on my head got a little bigger.  I got the owner to take the site down.... I failed... miserably.  That whole experience put me off message boards for a very long time.... I'm still not overly comfortable with it, but you have to get back in the saddle sometime... just need patience... and a solid stubborn streak.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: