Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Bend recording  (Read 9979 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« on: April 05, 2013, 10:21AM »

I read on FB that CW will record the show on Apr 9th at South Bend!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:01PM »

Where did you read that? That'd be awesome if they did!
chellek

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 12:17PM »

It's on their FaceBook page.  It will be for a TV special!!!!!!!    Grin   Grin   Grin
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 12:39PM »

It's also on their homepage. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 12:41PM »

It's also on their RSS news feed. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 12:46PM »

I heard that to! Hmm I wonder though? I wonder if it will be like a full blown pbs special  or like a greatest hits deal?? Especially w the same dresses etc? I don't think it will be though w new dresses and msic.  Hopefullly it will be like a precursor to a fulll blown bs special and they use the footage  for the "extra's" part?! Which lead me to believe that they might be planning one soon and making an announcement (prob. will be in Ireland and showing footage of there concert in the states!?) BUt, That is cool thought that they are doing it pretty close to were we guessed!!!It's not chicago and it's not Cleveland but it is def. not far from either lol! I think it is about 3-4 hours from here! But, I am glad they are not taping int in cleveland tomorrow!! yikes!! Hmm just a thought!  Exciting though and sorry for the babble but getting excited for tomorrow and then they made this announcement!  oh and I saw pictures of the theatre and it is GORGEOUS!!  The outside is so pretty (castle like!) and the inside is simple older, and beautiful, my favorite style of theatre!!) so good choice!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
chellek

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 04:12PM »

Ya know, I've been thinking.  I wonder if this TV special isn't a PBS thing at all.  Maybe it's just clips that will be used in another show, like when they did Bold and Beautiful soap.  I hope not, but it seems like this came up awfully fast.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:34PM »

I think they wanted to keep it a surprise for as long as possible. Wink

I'm going to reply to Lil' Lambe's one tweet about the announcement, and see if it will be on DVD or Blu-ray or if it's just for TV.  I'll let you guys know if it bears fruit, let's hope it does.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
edtom

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 04:23AM »

Could it be that this is a similar situation to a few years ago, when CW put out their Greatest Journey DVD instead of filming a live Isle of Hope concert, and then the next year did the Songs From the Heart concert at Powerscourt?
This time, they film a concert that's going to be taking place anyway (and where better than at the home of the "Irish" of Notre Dame), giving them time to get ready for next year doing a Tenth Anniversary concert (hopefully with several former member "guests").
We'd get two DVD's for one.

I love Celtic Woman
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 08:34AM »

It'll certainly be interesting! And it won't be at all like their other specials either! To be honest, it sounds a bit like Celtic Thunder's Take Me Home special. And that was just recording a tour concert. And since they've only got one night, it'll be interesting to see how the filming goes down.

But it'll be great to get some of those tour songs on video! Lisa's Dulaman and solo version of Bridge Over Troubled Waters (which everyone keeps saying is incredible), Susan's Caledonia and The Voice, Mairead re-visiting Shenandoah and then dueling with Craig. And, of course, all the group numbers! The New Ground/Orinoco Flow is one I'm interested in! Plus having Lisa and Chloe's argument before starting TAR! So much fun! And then Lisa and Chloe's duet on She Moved Through The Fair! And Ray's bodhran solo leading into the Nil Sen La party! And of course the extended Finale! CAN"T WAIT!!!

Of course, I'll have to ignore all of those videos until after the 23rd... Promised myself I wouldn't spoil the tour for myself! So... MUST...RESIST...
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 08:51AM »

Could it be that this is a similar situation to a few years ago, when CW put out their Greatest Journey DVD instead of filming a live Isle of Hope concert, and then the next year did the Songs From the Heart concert at Powerscourt?
This time, they film a concert that's going to be taking place anyway (and where better than at the home of the "Irish" of Notre Dame), giving them time to get ready for next year doing a Tenth Anniversary concert (hopefully with several former member "guests").
We'd get two DVD's for one.

I was thinking the same thing.  Will they film a new show this summer for next year's tour or just continue on with the current show (with some tweaks of course) or have next year's show be a "best of" tenth anniversary concert?  Will they  show the South Bend filming at all the PBS ticket promotions starting late this year or continue to use the Atlanta "Believe" filming for PBS promotions?  Only time will tell.  I love your idea of having several former members join in next year.  A real dream come true.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 03:25PM »

I am so so excited for this. I know I will be seeing this year's show live in a couple of weeks, but it will be amazing to have the memories immortalized, be able to watch it and say "I remember..." especially since my Grandma, who is also a huge CW fan, will not be seeing them due to health. Now she can hopefully experience what I got to see live

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19PM »

YAY!!! Grin
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 09:39PM »

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they did put it out as a full show. Manhattan, the division of EMI CW publishes under, has done similar things in the past with Sarah Brightman where they recorded the show live on tour even though they have already put out a staged show.

aislin
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 05:08PM »

After last night, all I want to do is see it again and again! Hopefully it will be released soon.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: