Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Longview, TX March 17 2013  (Read 7043 times)
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« on: April 05, 2013, 10:31AM »

Will anyone else here be there?  None of my local friends is CWazy enough to make the six-hour road run.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:24PM »

Well, I'm at the motel.  A minute of panic on the road when I realized that the local map I'd printed out, along with the sheet with the address of the motel, had somehow vanished.  If I hadn't been listening to the Lisa CD I might have come unglued.  That map will probably float up from some hiding place in the car on Saturday morning, when I leave.  I also forgot the bottle of trazodone that I planned to bring, to make sure I could sleep tonight.  The clerk (who had never heard of CW) told me how to get to the venue from here.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 06:27PM »

Have fun Wyle.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 06:38PM »

Have fun Wyle, and post a review when you're ready, ja?

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:56PM »

HAVE FUN

Let me know what you thought?

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 11:04PM »

Whoo!  Still high.  Two disappointments: one dry run through town wasn't enough, and I took a wrong turn.  Yes, I printed out a local map, but that sheet vanished into the Realm of Murphy somewhere en route, and I'd grossly underestimated how long valet parking takes.  I got there about 100 seconds into "Awakening."  The other was one I was braced for: the stage was too shallow to do the carousel in "Teir Abhaile Riu."

My memory isn't up to a detailed chronological review, so I'll just set down some random observations.
My first impression was an odd sense of unreality.  I almost had to shake my head and remind myself "Yes, that really is Chloe, right there!"
An unexpected revelation: Yes, after you see Mairead on video enough, the awe fades and she looks hot, but seen live, she looks preternaturally hot.
This venue was just too small.  Not only too small for the carousel, there wasn't room for an orchestra.  Call it the "Believe Condensed Edition."
The inclusion of "Nil S'en La" (I love those hug-me dresses) almost made up for the loss of "The World Falls Away."
By the time "I Dreamed A Dream" came up, I was high enough to avoid getting bummed out.  I still wish David had used "Memory."
Hearing the drum duel in "Mo Ghile Mear" without dynamic compression was worth it all.  When Ray wolloped that high-mounted bass I felt it, even back in Row G.
I had a good seat, almost dead center, but I wound up wishing I'd got the aisle seat.  I thought it only happened in the front row, but it was a Lucky Barstid in a Row E aisle seat who got Lambenated.
Chloe is thinner than I've ever seen her before, but she still looks wonderfully huggable.  I just hope she knows when to quit.
Tommy Martin set aside his uilleann pipes and stood up to play highland pipes for "Amazing Grace."  At one point (in "Awakening?") he played a transverse flute instead of a whistle.
We all stood after "The Parting Glass", which followed "You Raise Me Up."  We stayed on our feet through the SFTH-style finale and the "At the Ceili" recessional.
When you see those servo-mounted lights swing, be ready to blink.
I'd planned to walk by the audio and light consoles in the back of the orchestra section, but I was too high to remember.
I was expecting to pay $25 for the t-shirt, but the $20 program book was a shock.  Of course I bought it.  This might really have been my last CW concert unless the tenth anniversary tour includes southern Louisiana or the Mississippi Gulf coast.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:17AM by Wyle_E » Logged

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 08:32AM »

Don't despair.... I have ( it's just a feeling)   that the 10 year anniversary tour might cover more territory . It would make sense if it did. You might as well "ride the wave" and make the most out of it whilst you can. I think the CW  powers that be know this and wish to capitalize. I can relate to the the surreal effect of seeing the gals live for the first time a couple of years back.  (splashing water in face)  yep....it actually is happening, right.  Cool   And I know  from experience that it takes a while to process all the sights and sounds from the evening. I think you will find, after time , that other impressions will come to mind that you weren't able to regurgitate before .   On another note.... hey...I was in row 1  of the orchestra  pit of my last concert , and I didn't come  close to Lil' Lambe action. (I even had the aisle seat. ) My venue limited Mairead's movements too. But she still made due as she always does. Yes...they ARE more gorgeous in person. When I met them earlier, I didn't end up saying half of the things I wanted too. i was so overtaken.  As for the post-concert high - I think yours might last for a while. Mine did. Thank you for giving us your impressions of your experience.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: