Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When You Believe... 4-21-13  (Read 34938 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 11:34AM »

Thanks for such positive feedback everyone

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23AM »

I just read your review again.  It was as moving as the first time I read it.  Will probably read it before I head out on my Celtic pilgrimage in two weeks.  THANKS so much for sharing it with us.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00PM »

You're welcome. I'm glad this simple show review means so much to so many of you.

Is this going to become required reading for newbies that want a primer on review writing? Just kidding.

Enjoy your shows, those whose season is not finished yet. Hope I didn't spoil things too much. Let me know how your experiences were compare to what I've written here. I'd love to know what you thought

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53AM »

Great review! I loved your comment about how you didn't write this reviewing your head as you were taking it all in. That sounds like my first concert. I was barely aware of anything outside of the music!

mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 09:23AM »

One of the best reviews I have ever read.  Though I don't feel th same about every song as you did, I came away understanding your point of view.  Well done.
To your point of not being sad when it was over, I know what you mean.  Usually, after the Show ends, there is a let down.  Wishing it was not over.  Wishing to do it all over again.  Though I would love to do it again, I found that the joy this Show brought has stayed with me.  My memory can still bring me back to a place where a smile is plastered on my face five weeks later.
So happy for you and your impromptu meeting with the Girls.  We hung out after the Show in South Bend until the wee hours of the morning and the Girls were not coming out.  They had things to do after the taping.  Finally Máiréad appeared.  We had a little interaction with her, not like you.  Wink  The Girls had to be exhausted from their two days of work taping the Show.  I waited a little while longer, but had to go home.  Other Forum members stuck it out and saw the rest.  My only very tiny regret.

Again, great review.  Glad it went so well for you.

Phil

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 09:33PM »

One of the best reviews I have ever read.  Though I don't feel th same about every song as you did, I came away understanding your point of view.  Well done.
To your point of not being sad when it was over, I know what you mean.  Usually, after the Show ends, there is a let down.  Wishing it was not over.  Wishing to do it all over again.  Though I would love to do it again, I found that the joy this Show brought has stayed with me.  My memory can still bring me back to a place where a smile is plastered on my face five weeks later.
So happy for you and your impromptu meeting with the Girls.  We hung out after the Show in South Bend until the wee hours of the morning and the Girls were not coming out.  They had things to do after the taping.  Finally Máiréad appeared.  We had a little interaction with her, not like you.  Wink  The Girls had to be exhausted from their two days of work taping the Show.  I waited a little while longer, but had to go home.  Other Forum members stuck it out and saw the rest.  My only very tiny regret.

Again, great review.  Glad it went so well for you.

Phil

This post has me looking to address a couple things. One... I certainly don't expect everyone to feel the same way about aspects of the show as I do. In fact. a true review might even have less personal impressions incorporated within it, but several forum people specifically asked to know my viewpoint. EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion.

Two...yes, the girls are certainly tired after shows, but I can say as soon as they saw us waiting for them at the stage door, the tiredness melted away and they perked up, just as enthusiastic to meet us as we were them. I give them so much credit for being so gracious and warm, knowing how hard they had just worked. They are angels, pure and simple.

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 08:25AM »

ANGELS indeed.  Wink

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 02:05PM »

Misha`s review is concise.....if you`re like me, you say " oh yeah...NOW I remember that!"  ...like Susan sitting on the stairs sort of sideways.  Good thing Misha has such a good memory...she brings back the concert as if you were there.  The added bonus that she`s such a talented writer is a plus , too. Maybe this belongs in the "Misha appreciation thread?"  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 03:28PM »

Awesome review Cheesy
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 03:18PM »

Wow...WOW!!! Sounds like an INCREDIBLE experience. Those girls really are as sweet as they look...maybe even sweeter. I am so happy for you and happy that you had that experience! Thanks for sharing everything Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 03:23PM »

Wow...WOW!!! Sounds like an INCREDIBLE experience. Those girls really are as sweet as they look...maybe even sweeter. I am so happy for you and happy that you had that experience! Thanks for sharing everything Smiley

Of course! Glad you had such a wonderful concert as well, PP. You deserve it!

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2013, 03:35PM »

Of course! Glad you had such a wonderful concert as well, PP. You deserve it!

Thanks Misha, as did you. Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 03:41PM »

I am looking back at this nearly two months later....I still feel so blessed, and loved. I also feel my heart swell now every time I hear someone else has been lucky enough to get a M&G (official or not). I know just what kind of treatment you all are getting, and boy do you all deserve it. There is no jealousy in my heart for those with multiple shows or multiple M&Gs, especially those who are getting them for the first time. My only regret is that I cannot be with you to witness your joy and excitement. This is why I love that people comment here or write reviews of their own to share their own thoughts. It keeps me going.

Love,

Misha

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 03:44PM »

the girls were sooo lucky....they got to meet Misha and PP.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2013, 08:41AM »

the girls were sooo lucky....they got to meet Misha and PP.

AMEN!!  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: