Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY PERSONAL MEAVIAN PILGRIMAGE  (Read 20035 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 03:36PM »

and she probably doesn't want 21 tons of mayonaise. Smiley (and Wal-Mart will be unhappy if I don't show up with it at 6am)

and I should keep her away from my Brookies, too. Wink (and James, too)(unless he sends me that ticket)
It is just too much chocolate for an untrained person to handle.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:43PM by Jim M. » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:43PM »

DON`T underestimate Misha!    She may be small but .......beware!...YOU`VE BEEN WARNED!

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49PM »

So...my next tattoo should be a warning label?

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 03:51PM »

Caution: Misha ahead!

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 11:19AM »

Congratulations, James on your impending MEAV pilgrimage.  I wish she would come to my neck of the woods.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 06:50PM »

My  mind  is consumed lately, with what I will actually say to Meav once I meet her.  I  know the basic things I want to convey, but what will actually come out of my mouth ?   I  don't  want to come off as a flustered  young person, but I fear I  might.  I know Meav  must be a gracious , understanding person .   And that sense of humor of hers might be just the thing  to break the ice.  I will maybe try to  do the same.  Some folks think I'm a bit witty  I will give this some prayerful thought.  I   know in my heart that this pilgrimage is the right thing to do.  Meav gives so much  without realizing it.  in the scor Encore and in interviews and such, she also comes across as humble which is an attractive trait in anybody.  i will continue to keep all  updated as to the inner workings of my mind on this subject. Thank you all for your support so far .   Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 08:24PM »

I  had a bit of a scare a while back  when I heard that a couple of the cities that were hosting the Divnas had cancelled out. But  my  fragile  psyche  got  a reprieve when I learned  that the reason was  low ticket sales. But the Detroit one I'm going to  has  good ticket sales  so far.  this  I got from an informed source  at  the  Detroit Public  TV  station who is hosting  the September  29 th event at the Royal Oak Theatre .  Keep your fingers  crossed everyone.....it still might be an  emotional  roller coaster for me.     Huh   

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 06:34PM »

I  finally  get  to complete  this  pilgrimage...just  in  a  different  way  then  planned.   Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 01:15PM »

Said    Meavian  Pilgrimage  starts  late  tonight  as i travel  a total  of  4  buses  and  for  nearly  32  hours  to  get to  my  destination  where  my  Lovely  lark and  the other CWs  will be   when I get  there.  ( Wilkes-Barre  Pennsylvania)     I start out  mostly  prepared  and  have  plan  Bs  in mind  if  plan  A  doesn't  work. i may  or  may  not  be  able to  make it  to a  2nd  concert  a day  later  in  Indiana penn.  We'll see. ButI do  have  an  M@G  lined  up  for  the W-B  concert which  , as  most  of  you  know  by  now, is after the show  as  it  used  to  be.  I am  a  bit  nervous- but  in  a good  way.   Smiley   Wish  me  luck  and  positive  vibes  as  I travel  and when I get  there.   Cool   I  will be  sure  to  give  a full accounting  upon  my  return  in  a  few  days. 

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 03:57PM »

What some of us won't do to see CW.  My first trip to W-B was in 2009 for the first Maireadfest and to see our friend Kimberly meet Chloe for the first time.
It took me a while to get there, too, from Saturday morning when I left home in Oregon until Tuesday afternoon.  One bus and 3 trains (and 3 nights on the trains).  We also had Glenn from California and Tony from Alaska, but they flew most of the way.  I don't get on airplanes.
Anyway, have a good, safe trip and have fun meeting Meav and the other CW ladies. Smiley
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 04:22PM »

No kidding! Im trying to find every possible way for me to get to the Indiana PA show by myself... the bus company I use is for a certain part of Pittsburgh only & my parents wont take me but im afraid of the Pittsburgh show being my only show that I had the chance to see Meav at. No one else I know that lives in Pittsburgh is going to the Indiana PA show so im out of luck.  Undecided

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25PM »

Check/Post in the Rideshare section on your local Craigslist and maybe you can find someone else going to the show.
Good luck -- I hope you can get there. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 06:05PM »

Best of luck James! We will all want to hear all about it. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 06:14PM »

Best of luck James! We will all want to hear all about it. Wink
  Thanks  Jerad...  and  everyone  else  too !    Smiley   And  I  will !   Cool

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 10:52AM »

James has advised me he has arrived in Wilkes-Barre for tonight's show.  Have fun, James. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: