Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS VIDEO ! *Contains spoiler*  (Read 29712 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 06:19PM »

I cannot wait for this

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32PM »

And why does Chloe always have to draw insults on YouTube?  Poor girl can't catch a break.
For every barb from the "A woman can't be too thin!" crowd, Chloe gets defenses, split between "Who cares, she sounds wonderful!" and "Real women have curves!"  I've posted a few of the latter.  But then I married a XXLarge teddy bear.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 11:19PM »

And why does Chloe always have to draw insults on YouTube?  Poor girl can't catch a break.
For every barb from the "A woman can't be too thin!" crowd, Chloe gets defenses, split between "Who cares, she sounds wonderful!" and "Real women have curves!"  I've posted a few of the latter.  But then I married a XXLarge teddy bear.

Yeah, but it's still disgusting to see comments like that.  I guess I just can't stand obnoxious, rude people.  I was always taught to not say anything if I didn't have something worthwhile to say.  Chloe was always pretty, but she was a teenager at the beginning of CW and now she's grown up and looks lovely.

Oh well, can't wait for the DVD.  Will be able to see anything I somehow missed from the show.
Ncoua
Total Fanatic

Sup!

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 11:31PM »

I cannot wait for this
you and i both!
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 01:54PM »

I cannot wait for this!!!!!!!!!!! It looks amazing!!

mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 07:58PM »

No orchestra here, either.  I thought it was because the stage at Longview was too small, but now it looks like a feature of the tour.  First they replaced Orla, Haley and Meav with Alex and Lynn, for SFTH, then replaced Alex and Lynn with just Lisa L. at Atlanta, then for the 2013 tour they reduced the choir to just four and eliminated the orchestra. A disturbing trend.  We can hope that the corporation is just socking away capital for a knock-our-socks-off tenth anniversary production, but it doesn't look good.
They have not toured with an orchestra.
This taping is of their "as is" Tour Show.
Anyone who has seen this Show would not call it disturbing.  Most call it AMAZING!

Phil

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 06:29AM »

The girls look breathtaking in their second act gowns! Susan in particular in that first little clip of her! With those little jewels or whatever on her gown. And CHLOE!!! My girl is stunning! Lisa and Mairead of course too!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 08:01PM »

I like it. Smiley
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 03:29AM »

It seems that I'd got a mistaken impression from YouTube.  The only really watchable CW performance video there is either ripped from DVDs, recorded from broadcasts of special events, or the odd trailer.  The only video from tours is -UGH!- cellphone video shot by people who don't realize that being a cameraman and being an enthusiastic fan are mutually exclusive, so on top of the limitations of the phone there is usually a nauseating amount of camera shake.  I gave up before I noticed the lack of an orchestra, assuming that the company hired a local orchestra in each location.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 04:53AM »

It seems that I'd got a mistaken impression from YouTube.  The only really watchable CW performance video there is either ripped from DVDs, recorded from broadcasts of special events, or the odd trailer.  The only video from tours is -UGH!- cellphone video shot by people who don't realize that being a cameraman and being an enthusiastic fan are mutually exclusive, so on top of the limitations of the phone there is usually a nauseating amount of camera shake.  I gave up before I noticed the lack of an orchestra, assuming that the company hired a local orchestra in each location.

Only for the Symphony Tour (Christmas).

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 10:22AM »

I'm hoping PBS will put up a Sizzle Reel for this soon!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 04:43PM »

I think the pbs's do there pledge drives in october from what I was told? Which might be for symphony or to sell thedvd and cd for 2014! Which is about the right time frame! So anybody 13 in ny please let me know in advance if they are playing it and selling tix, and what day! I would love that! But, I hope they put more out soon! Since it seems like pbs or what not already have it! Which it might take a little more time, but it seems like soon!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 05:06PM »

I think the pbs's do there pledge drives in october from what I was told? Which might be for symphony or to sell thedvd and cd for 2014! Which is about the right time frame! So anybody 13 in ny please let me know in advance if they are playing it and selling tix, and what day! I would love that! But, I hope they put more out soon! Since it seems like pbs or what not already have it! Which it might take a little more time, but it seems like soon!!

Yep, if it's PBS then it means we'll see it during the fall pledge drive.

Another thing to do is watch Amazon.  Sometimes DVDs will appear there with a release date before official announcements are made.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 09:40PM »

Thank you for posting this - it certainly is exciting to see. But it is clear that it's meant as a promotional video for the upcoming Australia tour. The channel it's posted on belongs to an Australian TV network, and it came out two days before CW posted the link to Australian tour dates on its Facebook page. So it all seems like a very coordinated release.

Smart marketing when you think about it, filming that show served a dual purpose: quickly cutting together a preview clip for use as a Australian tour promotion, while they're editing the entire show for a possible TV special (and please Lord, a Blu-Ray disc this time so we can see the ladies in HD) to keep CW top-of-mind in the States while they're touring across the pond. Well done!

The best thing is that so many of the moments on the clip looked exactly like the show I saw in person in March. Watching the special will almost be like re-living it again. Can't wait!

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 09:54PM »

Thank you for posting this - it certainly is exciting to see. But it is clear that it's meant as a promotional video for the upcoming Australia tour. The channel it's posted on belongs to an Australian TV network, and it came out two days before CW posted the link to Australian tour dates on its Facebook page. So it all seems like a very coordinated release.

Smart marketing when you think about it, filming that show served a dual purpose: quickly cutting together a preview clip for use as a Australian tour promotion, while they're editing the entire show for a possible TV special (and please Lord, a Blu-Ray disc this time so we can see the ladies in HD) to keep CW top-of-mind in the States while they're touring across the pond. Well done!

The best thing is that so many of the moments on the clip looked exactly like the show I saw in person in March. Watching the special will almost be like re-living it again. Can't wait!

I agree on the Blu-Ray 100%. Sadly, I won't be going to see them (CW) unless something good happens in the next few days. Even then, it'll be a big push to get there.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: