Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chloe "Taking A Break" From CW  (Read 61749 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 05:54AM »

I want to see them in Hamburg in October. I hope they have found a new girl then. :/

MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 06:08AM »

It doesn't usually take too long to find a new girl, I imagine David has a few ideas already and it's just a matter of who's best suited for what he has in mind and interfering with prior commitments. It took only a few weeks after Lynn left to announce Lisa and it wasn't long after they finished the 2011 X-Mas Tour when they introduced Susan. I can see why they postponed the Australian Tour, especially with Susan unavailable for rehearsal, but I imagine that, now they have a month and a half off (excluding Susan's time with Cats), they'll be able to find someone and train them.

I think we're all getting a bit flustered with Chloë's departure and understandably so. Nevertheless, it's more than likely they'll find a new member within the coming weeks. I think their priorities (especially David's) is the recording tonight for which there are fewer than 6 hours remaining! Smiley! Smiley! Once the recording's finished, I'd imagine David will turn his attention to restoring the line-up.

Well, that's my best guess anyway.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 06:11AM »

I think, you are right about that, Marcus! Definitely!

So exited for the recording, btw. Even without Chloe. (Though, I'd love to see her) Sadly, I have to wait, till' the DVD is out. Tongue  Angry

Gerard

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 10:11AM »

I wish her the best in her ne solo career, and will follow her wherever she may go (buying her record, and if possible, going to a concert or a play in which she would appear). I wish for her the same career that Orla got after leaving. After all, we can agree she deserves it.

And I pretty sure that the CW management will find somebody to replace her, as hard as it seems. After all, Meav's departure brought us Lyn, and later Lisa Lambe, and we were not disappoknted,were we ? I'm sure it will be the same for Chloe's replacement. Just like we won't be disappointed with Peter Capaldi as the Doctor  Grin
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 12:35PM »

Don't make us wait too long for the answer, Barb, in case nobody comes up with the guess!  Cheesy
lol! Smiley maybe tomorrow by the end of the day! Definitely by Friday!  I promise that!
OK I think and this is only an opinion/guess observation but I think it might be Rebecca Harkin! Her brother is Keith from celtic thunder!  She has gone out on tour w the guys a few times and knows the girls as well! She had a q&a the other day and was asked 2x's if she would love to be in celtic woman and she said it would be a dream! And there fore shortly after that she had a regular tweet saying oh I can't wait to see if my dream came true (or something very similar). So I wonder if she contacted or knows David Downes or is going to the taping (as Lynn did w Acc before she joined) I am not sure!  But I think she would be perfect! She still lives in Ireland is a great singer has a great voice(from what I heard on youtube and the tracks she put up) and she is young and definitely looks the part! So we will have to wait and see! And I would definitely be very curious to see her sing live and see if she is as amazing as her brother! (which I'm sure she is!)
hmmm.. Just saw on facebook Deirdre updated her picture to all the girls?? Maybe that might be a slight hint? I wouldn't mind her or Maev though!  Am interested in hearing both of them! Never got to see them live! (Maev litererally the month I was going to see the concert and Deirdre was the tour that had finished prior to me seeing it) I am not sure though because I think she is in the lines up as a guest on the celtic thunder cruise if I am not mistaken? But her and Maev seem like they would be lovely to see/hear live!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:05PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09PM »

Maybe Chloe could be on tv.  Soap opera? 

Or, maybe "The Chloe Agnew Show", where she lives in L.A. and various Irish people come to visit. Wink
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 01:18PM »

I disagree.  Lisa Lambe is as "Celtic" as they get, and Susan is what I call a Celtic Broadway star!
Don't get me wrong here! I love Lil' Lambe and Susan and I think Lisa is pretty Celtic, plus a little pop. Still, I think they should replace Chloe with a nice classical girl and add a fourth singer - a totally Celtic one. As Celtic as Méav, Deirdre, Órlagh, Lynn, you know? That isn't meant to be a criticism. I just think CW does the best with four singer, instead of three and a mix of Celtic, Classical and Contemporary.

Young lady, you have wisdom beyond your years.  I agree with the four singer format and your choice of musical styles.  I also wish they would go back to six choir members to give the music a richer sound.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 12:53AM »

I was watching the video below, and it brought back wonderful memories of Chloe and the original five (and those classic dresses), and it made me smile. I thought since it's been kind of a rough week, I would repost it here in case it does the same for someone else. Smiley

"You Raise Me Up" at Weinachts Show der Volksmusik, 2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QQqNroHwUY

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07AM »

Thank  you  for  this  wonderful  and  beautiful  memory.     Smiley      Kiss Kiss

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 06:16AM »

@Jim M.: No trash TV with Celtic Cuties! (Sorry, I don't want to be harsh... but... Chloe deserves better than soap operas and reality shows...)

@Hubert: Thank you so much, for saying that. Smiley I mean first they had one classical (Chloe) one contemporary/pop (Lisa) and two Celtic (Méav/Deirdre, Órlagh) plus Máiréad. Then they had one classical (Chloe), two contemporary (Lisa, Alex) and one Celtic (Lynn) plus Máiréad. And then one classical (Chloe), one and a half contemporary (Lisa K/Susan and Lisa Lambe 1/2) and a half Celtic one (Lisa Lambe 1/2) plus Máiréad. I think Celtic Woman would do good with one and a half contemporary, a classical and one and a half Celtic plus Máiréad.

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 07:11AM »

I was watching the video below, and it brought back wonderful memories of Chloe and the original five (and those classic dresses), and it made me smile. I thought since it's been kind of a rough week, I would repost it here in case it does the same for someone else. Smiley

"You Raise Me Up" at Weinachts Show der Volksmusik, 2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QQqNroHwUY
I always loved that video! And that dress Méav is wearing. Grin
gabur

i love celtic Woman/i miss chloe :(

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 02:57PM »

i hope Celtic Woman from europa tour i have 3 ticktes from Stuttgart,Cologne and Frankfurt with the
new girl i miss chloe she is my top favoriet from Cw Cry

Hello guys my name is Julia and I come from Germany^^
chellek

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 03:04PM »

i hope Celtic Woman from europa tour i have 3 ticktes from Stuttgart,Cologne and Frankfurt with the
new girl i miss chloe she is my top favoriet from Cw Cry

Hi Julia!  Welcome to the forum!!   Smiley
rphume

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 04:01PM »

ShockedThe only one that could possibly take Chloe's place is Sarah Brightman !!! Lynn Hilary is brilliant live though. Weird timing on these departures. Chloe may well have an amazing solo career, if she isn't going to sing disposable pop music. VERY disappointing to see her leave CW. Hope Chloe keeps well. You can't get in any trouble in California can you ?? Shocked
gabur

i love celtic Woman/i miss chloe :(

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2013, 02:18AM »

Hi Julia!  Welcome to the forum!!   Smiley

thank you^^

Hello guys my name is Julia and I come from Germany^^
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: