Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chloe "Taking A Break" From CW  (Read 61757 times)
Tim

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 06:53PM »

I'm happy for her...She's been doing this a major part of her life... She will be fantastic what ever she does... Just stinks for the rest of us...So who will replace her during the US Christmas Tour... And how long before Mairead leaves?!? Undecided
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 06:54PM »

I love Chloe, and am so shocked to hear the news!
I think it was kind of expected though, she's been so quiet on twitter with the upcoming recording and whatever else... I was hoping I was wrong though.
But she'll always be one of our girls, and I wish her the very best of luck with whatever is in store for her next!
Just wish it didn't involve leaving so suddenly! </3

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 06:56PM »

And how long before Mairead leaves?!? Undecided

Bite your tongue.  That would be the equivalent of dropping a nuclear bomb.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 06:59PM »

WOW!  I am shocked and saddened. But I thought she was back in Ireland now for a little? I totally support her in what she does and looks forward to hearing her solo work. I think she will come back though I don't think it will be permanent, I am trying to stay optimistic. The Australian tour got moved ( and I they will go through w that because I saw on the ticket sight that they are exchanging for the new dates)  "due to unforeseen circumstances" and there wasn't many Christmas tour dates and w susan and lisa doing shows around those times for a few weeks I am sure those tour dates up until 2014 will be cut Sad Which is also why I think she chose not do the rest of the years tours. She jst needs some time do do solo stuff and  I literally thought of this last night so its kinda not a surprise though. She wouldn't be able to get much done w  Germany, Australia and then back to the states w a week or two in between and in a short period of time. She prob felt she needed the full time to give complete attention to whatever she's doing and wouldn't be able to get it done w all the tours and limited time! Iam sure if she completely left they will have it figured out by that point just like adding susan and Lisa!  And we welcomed them w open arms and love them! Yes it is hard to accept change (I am in the medical field that is ever changing by the minute and even I still can't accept it but you just do!) I think chloe just wanted to work on solo stuff and needs time to do that. Unless she does her own concerts in 2014 like paul byrom and Keith Harkin (who actually does his own tour and w celtic thunder)  So I am happy that she is getting to do what she wants and fully support her and looking forward to seeing her next year hopefully! xx ooh and before I forget, wasn't this her sisters first year in the production team for the full tour?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:39PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 07:02PM »

I was expecting someone to leave. Chloe leaving is both as much of a surprise as it isn't because she's one of the first. Not only has she has been doing this for a huge part of her life, but she also grew up in CW.

Now we need to wait and see what she's going to do now.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 07:04PM »

And how long before Mairead leaves?!? Undecided

Bite your tongue.  That would be the equivalent of dropping a nuclear bomb.
oi on that one! That pretty much would mean the end right there! The girls always had her as the fiddler in the show, that's what celtic woman is! They always introduce the girls as ( How ever many soloist) and a fiddler! I would even think who would replace her I don't think anyone can!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 07:11PM »

Just saw this...and Eric, I was thinking the exact same thing....
It may take awhile to find a 4th girl...

It sounds like this got dropped on their out of the blue since everything up to a few days ago had Chloe in it or in promotional material.

Hopefully David has a list of potential replacements always ready.

I know... it's kinda random...

Although, part of me is still hoping one of the choir girls will get "moved up"
Cheesy

I had thought that Sarah Gannon might be in line for a promotion if someone left.
I have heard both Sarah's live, and I listen to sarah burkes ep on my ipod sometimes when I walk very lovely!  They both have incredible voices! Edel is amazing to! The other choir members from what I hear on twitter and facebook they are all pretty busy! And Sarah Burke is pretty quiet though!  I know she got married last year and living in Indiana!! But I am not sure after that. And Helen just became a theatre teacher!! But they got some good choices to choose from if they choose from the choirs!  All of them are extremely talented!

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 07:59PM »

I'm listening to Chloe's "Tears in Heaven" right now.  Cry

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31PM »

I'm shocked. I expected Chloe to stay around for another 5 - 10 years. I wish her the best and hope to see her perform again someday.

As for the Christmas tour, I fully expect it and the European tour to get the axe here shortly.

I think they can go on with the Christmas Tour. Just my opinion of course, but here is why. Firs, theres not a lot of dancing or stage movement involved. That's something a new member or substitute won't need to worry about. Second, Christmas music is sort of basic. We all learn some of the songs when we are in choir when we are kids. We all hear those songs over and over again as adults every year! Heck even some of us know ALL the lyrics. I would think a professional vocalist could quickly learn the required parts that she sings.  Third the Christmas Tour is very short. Its not like a sub would have to run away from other obligations for long. Even Meav was planning to do a few Divina concerts, and with those cancelled, this might be a chance for her to do a few shows, a short tour, and not be away from her daughters for very long.

I think the real question will be who gets the spot for the spring tour. They have time to find someone, but time goes fast. They always get someone great. I hope they start allowing autographs at meet&greets again. I'll need to get the new girl's signature for my collection!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 08:55PM »

I'm shocked. I expected Chloe to stay around for another 5 - 10 years. I wish her the best and hope to see her perform again someday.

As for the Christmas tour, I fully expect it and the European tour to get the axe here shortly.

I think they can go on with the Christmas Tour. Just my opinion of course, but here is why. Firs, theres not a lot of dancing or stage movement involved. That's something a new member or substitute won't need to worry about. Second, Christmas music is sort of basic. We all learn some of the songs when we are in choir when we are kids. We all hear those songs over and over again as adults every year! Heck even some of us know ALL the lyrics. I would think a professional vocalist could quickly learn the required parts that she sings.  Third the Christmas Tour is very short. Its not like a sub would have to run away from other obligations for long. Even Meav was planning to do a few Divina concerts, and with those cancelled, this might be a chance for her to do a few shows, a short tour, and not be away from her daughters for very long.

I think the real question will be who gets the spot for the spring tour. They have time to find someone, but time goes fast. They always get someone great. I hope they start allowing autographs at meet&greets again. I'll need to get the new girl's signature for my collection!
that is a good point! I am hoping that she is out till the spring and will come back. Especially w Naomi and Dermot not officially leaving. I think it was the Europe and Christmas tour that where and issue and would have been difficult as the Australian one they rescheduled. And they haven't really seen each other since the tour ended in june so june till FEb. 2014 is a good amount of time off. (My friend was thinking about taking that same amount of time off her job and pretty worded it the same!)  But even if I think chloe is very talented and will be successful no mater what and the new person , or person coming back, whatever they decide I am sure they will be great! miss her and all the gils while they are taking a well deserve break! x

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 06:42AM »

Kya! Shocked This information is making me insane! I just want to meet her again if you think she can really take a break. Are you saying that?!

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 08:29AM »

I definitely didn't see this coming.  I'm so sad to see her go.  I'm excited about her solo career though.  I hope she'll be as active as Orla and releases lots of CDs and DVDs and tours a lot.  And I think the Symphony Tour will go on too.  The new girl can learn the songs.
And I hope Chloe comes back someday.

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 09:59AM »

I definitely didn't see this coming.  I'm so sad to see her go.  I'm excited about her solo career though.  I hope she'll be as active as Orla and releases lots of CDs and DVDs and tours a lot.  And I think the Symphony Tour will go on too.  The new girl can learn the songs.
And I hope Chloe comes back someday.

I wish Chloe the best of everything, she deserves it. She put her heart and soul into CW from the time she was still a little girl. I'm glad I got to see her live before she left. Her rapport with the audience and her amazing, infectious enthusiasm was one of a kind. As with all the others who left, she brought something unique that can never be duplicated. But I'm sure she'll do amazing things on her own, and I'm confident CW will go on to amaze us just like they always have. These are always such bittersweet days when this happens.

But who knows? Maybe the "new girl" won't really be "new"?  Hmmmm...

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 10:03AM »

I hate to say this but I've been kinda expecting this to happen from the moment Lisa Kelly announced her full-time resignation. It just seemed to me like Chloe was also in the stages of preparing to leave too. I'm so saddened that I won't ever get the oppurtunity to meet her though. That was the one thing I wanted more than anything else out of this upcoming 2014 tour. Now it'll never happen.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56AM »

Hey guys, here's a statement from Chloe:

http://www.celticwoman.com/chloe-statement/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: