Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chloe "Taking A Break" From CW  (Read 61978 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 11:09AM »

Hey guys, here's a statement from Chloe:

http://www.celticwoman.com/chloe-statement/

That is so sweet!

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 11:12AM »

Indeed, spoken like the true angel she is.  With a voice and personality like hers, I think she'll do just fine. Smiley
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 11:18AM »

Indeed, spoken like the true angel she is.  With a voice and personality like hers, I think she'll do just fine. Smiley

She'll do great things.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 11:19AM »

Hey guys, here's a statement from Chloe:

http://www.celticwoman.com/chloe-statement/

She's done.  It's definitely not "a break" as they described it yesterday.

And a lot of replies on FB are one variation or another of "I'm done with CW."
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 12:21PM »

About the only thing that would soften this blow would be the return of marvelous Meav.  And don't even talk about losing Mairead.  Lovely Irish ladies who sing like angels may be rare, but David has always been able to find another one.  Can you think of another gorgeous violin virtuoso who dances?

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 12:35PM »

So, there's only Máiréad left over. It feels awful. Sad Really... Chloë is like the face of Celtic Woman, the symbol, the inofficial lead girl. Sad Still I wish her the best for a huge, lucky and angelic on going solo career. She will be great! After all, once a Celtic Woman, always a Celtic Woman She will be doing great! For sure.

I hope they will find an adequate "replace" for her - or better (as you can't replace any of the girls) a lovely girl to fill the space. Smiley And please, a really Celtic as in Celtic Woman. Wink The current line up is to "pop"... Still wonderful, but I'd like it to be more Celtic.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:37PM by ShiningBright » Logged

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 04:27PM »

I disagree.  Lisa Lambe is as "Celtic" as they get, and Susan is what I call a Celtic Broadway star!

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 04:35PM »

I disagree.  Lisa Lambe is as "Celtic" as they get, and Susan is what I call a Celtic Broadway star!

I think she was referring more to the music.  I remember reading some reviews which criticized "Believe" for being more pop and less Celtic, and while this year's tour brought back a lot of old favorites, it still had a lot of elements of "Believe."

And with the description of the Emerald Tour being much more about Ireland, I think they want to move it back more toward what CW was originally.  Perhaps David sees next year as a reboot to borrow a current term that Hollyweird likes to use.  We know David is a very smart and talented guy and would not simply toss CW away if it is still very popular, which we know it is.  If CW can survive Meav, Orla, and Lisa Kelly leaving, it can survive Chloe leaving as well.  I'm sure there are plenty of talented Irish (and perhaps Scottish) vocalists out there who could step into CW and be a perfect fit.

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 04:50PM »

I don't think they come any more irish as lisa! LOL! I heard her start off parting glass live and pretty much made the whole venue go silent with her lilting! It was cool! And as much as I will miss chloe I have a good feeling that I know who might step in next year! I am not saying yet but the person is on facebook and twitter we are all probably following or heard of her or her family in some form and is slightly younger than chloe! ALso this person is used to coming out to the states for "tours!" and would be more than happy and is familiar w both celtic woman and primarily celtic thunder!  An guesses?!  SOme people migiht have read 2 certain posts about her today to! oh and another clue!  she also has long red hair to and is still living in Ireland and occasionally comes to the states!  Not saying she will be the next celtic woman but a good possibility! 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:20PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 05:26PM »

Don't make us wait too long for the answer, Barb, in case nobody comes up with the guess!  Cheesy

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 05:29PM »

Don't make us wait too long for the answer, Barb, in case nobody comes up with the guess!  Cheesy
lol! Smiley maybe tomorrow by the end of the day! Definitely by Friday!  I promise that!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 06:17PM »

Chloe  is  at  that  time  in  her  life  where the  next  step  makes  sense .    As  we  know ,  Chloe  started  early and  is  already  a  seasoned  veteran at  the tender  age of  24.   I  know  she  will excel   at  whatever  she  does.  That  being  said...remember  that  CW   is  truly  "Greater than  the  some  of  its  parts. "   David  D.  sees  to  that.  The  idea  lives  on.   Smiley 

Texan

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 06:35PM »

Chloe  is  at  that  time  in  her  life  where the  next  step  makes  sense .    As  we  know ,  Chloe  started  early and  is  already  a  seasoned  veteran at  the tender  age of  24.   I  know  she  will excel   at  whatever  she  does.  That  being  said...remember  that  CW   is  truly  "Greater than  the  some  of  its  parts. "   David  D.  sees  to  that.  The  idea  lives  on.   Smiley 

So true they are indeed greater than the sum of the parts. Nonetheless, it is hard to say goodbye. Wish Chloe the best. She's given us a lot of nice memories.
On to the next chapter. Before too long we will be saying, 'Wow!' where did they ever find that new girl.

As far as Mairead, please Mairead don't leave us.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 03:39AM »

Don't get me wrong here! I love Lil' Lambe and Susan and I think Lisa is pretty Celtic, plus a little pop. Still, I think they should replace Chloe with a nice classical girl and add a fourth singer - a totally Celtic one. As Celtic as Méav, Deirdre, Órlagh, Lynn, you know? That isn't meant to be a criticism. I just think CW does the best with four singer, instead of three and a mix of Celtic, Classical and Contemporary.

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 05:47AM »

the next question is what is going on with the upcoming European tour in the fall where several of my closest friends where planning to attend in Holland and Germany.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: