Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Köln (Cologne)  (Read 13506 times)
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« on: October 13, 2013, 12:02PM »

First act of the Köln (Cologne) concert is over. It's amazing so far. Mairéad C did Scarlet Ribbons as her first solo. So beautiful... And there has been a new à cappella inteo to Dúlaman. I'm really looking forward to the second act
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:15PM by danny » Logged

MaryNorth93
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 12:08PM »

SCARLET RIBBONS?!!?!? LOVE!!

Have a great concert!!! Can't wait to hear it myself!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:24PM by MaryN. » Logged
Blue Flame

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 12:55PM »

Lovely, I will see them next week in Munich  Smiley

Was the program the same as in the US tour?
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:22PM »

Ahhhhh!!  Scarlet Ribbons?!  Really?! Grin Grin Grin  I'm so glad that Mairead C got her own solo!  I wonder what she'll sing in the second act?  Keep us updated! Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 01:26PM »

Awesome! Keep us posted! Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 01:30PM »

I can't wait to get home after school and hear all the details!

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 03:30PM »

Act II has been mind-blowing! One highlight was mairéad C's wonderful rendition of She Moved Through The Fair. They added a few e-guitar riffs in there! I also really liked Susan's versions of Caledonia and The Voice. They added a little instrumental intro to Níl Sé'n Lá which I really loved. I was a little disappointed cause they cutted the second verse of You Raise Me Up. But The Parting Glass, Finale/Mo Ghile Mear and the Céili Playout wrapped up the show perfectly.

I love that they already updated the souvenir program by including Mairéad C. The tour obviously isn't a new Believe show. It's called "World Tour 2013". I guess they will use the exact same souvenis program for the rest of the world as well cause it has nothing European-only in it, like tour dates or so. The last page is a collage of all 12 Celtic Women we have seen so far. I really like that!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:14AM by danny » Logged

kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 04:27PM »

Aw it sounds amazing! I wish I could see it

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 05:08PM »

Sounds amazing!

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 06:10PM »

sounds incredible!  And loved her version of scarlett ribbons on youtube!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 08:28PM »

Act II has been mind-blowing! One highlight was mairéad C's wonderful rendition of She Moved Through The Fair. They added a few e-guitar riffs in there! I also really liked Susan's versions of Caledonia and The Voice. They added a little instrumental intro to Téir Abhaile Riú which I really loved. I was a little disappointed cause they cutted the second verse of You Raise Me Up. But The Parting Glass, Finale/Mo Ghile Mear and the Céili Playout wrapped up the show perfectly.

I love that they already updated the souvenir program by including Mairéad C. The tour obviously isn't a new Believe show. It's called "World Tour 2013". I guess they will use the exact same souvenis program for the rest of the world as well cause it has nothing European-only in it, like tour dates or so. The last page is a collage of all 12 Celtic Women we have seen so far. I really like that!
Wait... Mairead sang She Moved Through The Fair as a solo?!
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 12:15AM »

Yes she did Smiley

RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44AM »

Could you please scan the Mairead C pics and post them?

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 08:16PM »

Btw. Cany anyone tell us about the costumes the girls wear? Are they the same as the tour earlier this year, with Chloe's just re-fitted for Mairead Carlin? Or is she wearing something different?
tchristina23

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 09:19PM »

Okay Danny, wait....more questions...So instead of Nocturne Mairead C. sings Scarlet Ribbons? And instead of Ave Maria she sings She Moves Through the Fair?  I was hoping she would get to sing Scarlet Ribbons. She does so well with it. It is my favorite one of hers on youtube.   Can't wait to read more reviews.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: