Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home For Christmas DVD Reviews  (Read 40210 times)
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 12:54PM »

Dang it.  My Blu-Ray player on the computer will not play the disc.  Either it's too old to read it or the software is too old.  I'll have to take the disc to work on Monday and figure out where the problem lies.

That happened to me once - I called Panasonic, and it turns out I needed a firmware update. They had to send me to disc in the mail, because they don't do downloads on their site for Mac OS. But that cleared up the problem.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 02:49PM »

Dang it.  My Blu-Ray player on the computer will not play the disc.  Either it's too old to read it or the software is too old.  I'll have to take the disc to work on Monday and figure out where the problem lies.
My computer must not read blu ray either and I am having the same problem. I never had any problem watching any other tapings before either? I am going to try on a different computer tonight to see if it will work!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 10:04PM »

My computer must not read blu ray either and I am having the same problem. I never had any problem watching any other tapings before either? I am going to try on a different computer tonight to see if it will work!

Not sure what kind of computer you have Barb, but it could be one of two things. First, it could just be that your computer has a CD/DVD drive, and not a Blu-Ray drive. While Blu-Ray players also play CDs and DVDs, it doesn't work the other way around. This is the first Celtic Woman Blu-Ray that has ever been released, the previous shows were all on DVD.

Or, if your computer does have a Blu-Ray drive, it could be that your firmware needs updating. That's what happened to me, but once the manufacturer sent me the update, it fixed the problem. You could call customer service of the company who made your computer, and tell them your problem, that's how I got the update.

If you have a gaming console, they sometimes have Blu-Ray players in them too. But if you don't have a Blu-Ray player, the only good news is that they've come down in price the last couple of years. Saw ones at Target the other day for less than $90. The other good news is that once you do get it working, the quality of the picture is much higher than with DVD. It's stunning.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2013, 11:15PM »

I have a Blu-Ray player and after some research, the problem is my software is out of date.  There have been several DRM changes to Blu-Ray since 2009 which is when this version of the software was last updated.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 10:44PM »

Had to order the plain cd from amazon, which came today! After 20 minutes of not giving up and determination and "fiddling" around I got it to play! (don't ask how, I prob. won't be able to get it to work again!) But I absolutely loved it! Even w the three girls and mairead it was stunning! A few things! Mairead doing carol of the bells as a solo sounds incredible! Even though I wasn't a Meav fan in the beginning , it was so nice to hear and see her! She sounds and looks great! All of the girls dresses are so beautiful too, loved both of Lisa's dresses and te style of them w the long sleeve and full on the bottom! I loved Susan's it came upon a midnight clear! Also love the new songs the girls added in, they sound great! And in the choir the guy in the front row left, is that Niall Mcgrath, who has pretty much been w the girls since day 1 and toured w them up until right before believe? Even though I couldn't be there for the live taping , on my birthday!! when watching it , it made me feel like I was literally right there at the taping watching it! Well done to all involved!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 10:54PM »

And in the choir the guy in the front row left, is that Niall Mcgrath, who has pretty much been w the girls since day 1 and toured w them up until right before believe?

That was him.  I think one or two of the choir girls looked familiar too, but I'm not sure.  I'll have to watch the Blu-Ray whenever I can finally get it to play right.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48AM »

The DVD will be out in Germany tomorrow - and mine arrived today! Grin

I LOOOOOVE it!!! It's so amazing! Especially "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Of Christmas" caught my heart<3

I love the setting! It reminds me of the Christmas-ess we had, when I was little...

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 02:54PM »

Not sure what kind of computer you have Barb, but it could be one of two things. First, it could just be that your computer has a CD/DVD drive, and not a Blu-Ray drive. While Blu-Ray players also play CDs and DVDs, it doesn't work the other way around. This is the first Celtic Woman Blu-Ray that has ever been released, the previous shows were all on DVD.

Or, if your computer does have a Blu-Ray drive, it could be that your firmware needs updating. That's what happened to me, but once the manufacturer sent me the update, it fixed the problem. You could call customer service of the company who made your computer, and tell them your problem, that's how I got the update.

If you have a gaming console, they sometimes have Blu-Ray players in them too. But if you don't have a Blu-Ray player, the only good news is that they've come down in price the last couple of years. Saw ones at Target the other day for less than $90. The other good news is that once you do get it working, the quality of the picture is much higher than with DVD. It's stunning.
Thank you!  I just saw this!  I somehow got it to work! I did a little playing around with he setting on the computer and converted it and then in the media section I clicked on unknown Dvd which is the Christmas one and put it over on play list.  Then only the first number lights up which is the dvd itself and open it and play it from there (after making it full screen!!)  That is the first time that happened!  Thank you though!

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 08:46PM »

Thank you!  I just saw this!  I somehow got it to work! I did a little playing around with he setting on the computer and converted it and then in the media section I clicked on unknown Dvd which is the Christmas one and put it over on play list.  Then only the first number lights up which is the dvd itself and open it and play it from there (after making it full screen!!)  That is the first time that happened!  Thank you though!

No problem - I'm just glad you were able to watch it.   Smiley

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2014, 09:07PM »

Well this is pretty late (it is January 7th), but here is my mini-review of HFC:

Likes: I loved the girls, the songs, the stage, the lights, the dresses, and everything! It was so beautiful!!!!

Dislikes (Unfortunately): My only qualm with it, is the gratuitous audience shots. To my chagrin, it felt as though the focus was off the girls (they seemed to be, perhaps, a supporting character). In Silent Night, it seemed for nearly a full verse all I was seeing was instruments and people kind of mouthing the words, and not the gorgeous gorgeous Meav Sad Too much distraction from the girls (THE thing the entire show revolves around).

Other than the unnecessary side-shots, I LOVED it! Meav, Susan, Lisa, and Mairead were nothing short of spectacular!!!!!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2014, 09:11PM »

The  side  shots  of  the  kids enjoying  themselves  were  cute , though .....

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2014, 09:28PM »

The  side  shots  of  the  kids enjoying  themselves  were  cute , though .....

Yes, some of them I did smile at! But the other hundred...

MaryNorth93
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2014, 04:21PM »

Well this is pretty late (it is January 7th), but here is my mini-review of HFC:

Likes: I loved the girls, the songs, the stage, the lights, the dresses, and everything! It was so beautiful!!!!

Dislikes (Unfortunately): My only qualm with it, is the gratuitous audience shots. To my chagrin, it felt as though the focus was off the girls (they seemed to be, perhaps, a supporting character). In Silent Night, it seemed for nearly a full verse all I was seeing was instruments and people kind of mouthing the words, and not the gorgeous gorgeous Meav Sad Too much distraction from the girls (THE thing the entire show revolves around).

Other than the unnecessary side-shots, I LOVED it! Meav, Susan, Lisa, and Mairead were nothing short of spectacular!!!!!

I agree about the audience shots. There are some gorgeous close-ups at this dvd, and sometimes it switched off too fast from the ladies to the audience. I also wish there would have been a Gaeilge song in the show. Believe already didn't have much besides Téir Abhaile Riu, but here it was completely removed.

All the positive things:  the dresses, songs, stage, colors etc. were stunning. The ladies were great. Some songs which I didn't like at the beginning are growing on me. It's another decent Celtic Woman production. Different enough from A Christmas Celebration that they've proven themselves as an versatile act.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:22PM by MaryN. » Logged
Eric90

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2014, 09:31PM »

This was the show that Lisa Lambe won me over for good by singing "O Tannenbaum" in German my goodness I never liked that song before but when I heard her sing it I melted on the spot

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 04:38AM »

I might be the only one, but I liked the audience shots.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: