Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home For Christmas DVD Reviews  (Read 40093 times)
nickraw

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2014, 05:52AM »

+1 for audience shots  Cheesy

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 02:41PM »

Well put, I was watching only to find out Mairead had only 1 solo, is this common for her for a Christmas special.. Did ACC have her with only 1 too..?  -I love how you referred to Susan's presence as kid-friendly, she is staying on-board makes me excited too see Susan now that you preferences that..Meav's dress in white was too Divine glad they didn't have only one solo of her in it.!

A few thoughts because I suck at writing long reviews, at least quickly.  One thing, I am very opinionated when it comes to Christmas music so there are some songs I just do not like and I don't care who sings them.  I'm only going to mention some on this post.  I'll probably comment on others as the threads goes along.

While I don't know if the 1st half was longer than the 2nd during the live show, on the DVD it surely was.  The 2nd half only made up about 20 minutes, the 1st was the other 40.  Kirstie will have to tell us exactly how long each segment was.

It was so good to see Meav back, even if it was just for this DVD.  The way she just stepped right back in is like she never really left.  As we say, once a CW, always a CW.

Lisa gets the duet with David for I'll Be Home For Christmas.  I always loved seeing Lisa Kelly and David (mostly LK lol) duets, so it was really nice to see Lisa L and David have one.

Hark The Herald Angels Sing- One of my top five favorite Christmas songs and the girls knock it out of the park.  One of the most beautiful renditions of it I have heard in a very long time.

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town- Meh, not a song I care for, not even when I was a kid; nor do I care for all the kiddies.

We Three Kings- It's not CW without Anthony (or as Lisa Kelly called him, "The 5th Celtic Woman").  This is another song I've always loved and and am so glad they covered it this time.  It is one song I missed not having in ACC.

Carol of the Bells- I think this was one of the best songs for Mairead to have as a solo.  It works well instrumental or vocal.

O Tannenbaum- I wish I had learned German from my family who still spoke it when I was a kid.

Silent Night- Of all the girls, this one should only be sung by Meav.  She was perfect in ACC, and she is still perfect.  I think James will probably break his DVD watching it over and over... and over.  Cheesy

It s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas- Finally a switch to Act 2, but another meh song to me.  It seems that Susan is really enjoying this one though.  I think she really enjoys the songs that are more for the kids.

The Light of Christmas Morn- I don't think I've ever heard this song, so it was nice for there to be one which I didn't already have an opinion of.  How many ways can we say the girls are simply angelic?

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear- I didn't much care for the choir on this song, but it's Susan who makes the song and does so wonderfully.  I truly hope she stays around because she brings a very unique, almost childlike enthusiasm to the show, and I mean that in a good way.

Auld Lang Syne- The audience response to Lisa was not that enthusiastic.  Chloe would not have been very happy.  Nice that Lisa get another duet with David.  I'll play this song on New Years Eve for sure since it's such a great rendition and of course, it's CW so what could be better?

Joy To The World- Another song I missed not being on ACC so was very glad to have it here.

I am disappointed that we did not see Mairead say "Let it Snow" so they clearly used the 1st recording for the end as it was just a little Let it Snow on the fiddle before fading to black.  I also would have liked to see a Mairead solo in the 2nd half.  Oh, and I am going to be a guy for a minute and say that Mairead has very beautiful legs.

I'm still debating exactly where I'd rate this DVD compared to all of the other CW productions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:51PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2015, 03:13PM »

She had one solo in ACC...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: