Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home For Christmas on TV  (Read 25256 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 09:33PM »

Lisa Kelly was live in the studio of PBA 30 Atlanta for the showing.
  I  bet  she  was   excited  for  the  others.   Cool

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 10:06PM »

Well, unfortunately there were no surprises for my town's local showing. No tickets offered, just confirming that there will be no Emerald Tour stop anywhere near here in 2014. In fact, they didn't even bother to do a local studio show - they just picked up the generic PBS studio membership breaks that offered the CD and DVD. Sad, but I guess not unexpected. I'll have to be satisfied with my Williamsport ticket.

The one nice thing about the PBS segments is that they had three short interviews with Mairéad N. Always nice to see and hear from her. They also had short taped segments from the other three ladies as well, talking about their Christmas memories and asking people to call and donate.

But unlike some of the other concerts (SFTH comes to mind), the PBS version was exactly the same as the DVD - except they only showed brief clips of the "Bonus" songs as an incentive to get the DVD.

The only other difference that I noticed is that they did add the names of the ladies in the opening credits with an individual shot of each, as in some of the other shows - something many of us noticed was missing from the DVDs we purchased. They did not, however, add graphics of the song titles as they sometimes do.

My favorite part was Méav's clip where she introduced herself by saying, "Hi, I'm Méav of Celtic Woman." I don't know, it was just so great to hear that again, even if it's just for one show.  Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 10:37PM »

Was on in Peoria and Chicago tonight, Bought my ticket for chicago, (spring tour) (m&g sold out  Cry) Chicago is not presently available to the general public, which may be because PBS bought up the theater and will release the unsold tickets following their pledge drive.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 11:28PM »

Well, unfortunately there were no surprises for my town's local showing. No tickets offered, just confirming that there will be no Emerald Tour stop anywhere near here in 2014. In fact, they didn't even bother to do a local studio show - they just picked up the generic PBS studio membership breaks that offered the CD and DVD. Sad, but I guess not unexpected. I'll have to be satisfied with my Williamsport ticket.

The one nice thing about the PBS segments is that they had three short interviews with Mairéad N. Always nice to see and hear from her. They also had short taped segments from the other three ladies as well, talking about their Christmas memories and asking people to call and donate.

But unlike some of the other concerts (SFTH comes to mind), the PBS version was exactly the same as the DVD - except they only showed brief clips of the "Bonus" songs as an incentive to get the DVD.

The only other difference that I noticed is that they did add the names of the ladies in the opening credits with an individual shot of each, as in some of the other shows - something many of us noticed was missing from the DVDs we purchased. They did not, however, add graphics of the song titles as they sometimes do.

My favorite part was Méav's clip where she introduced herself by saying, "Hi, I'm Méav of Celtic Woman." I don't know, it was just so great to hear that again, even if it's just for one show.  Smiley
cool ... thanks  for  your  impressions  Rob.  And  it  is  wonderful to  see Meav reassociated   with  the  whole  process.    Smiley

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 11:53PM »

Was on in Peoria and Chicago tonight, Bought my ticket for chicago, (spring tour) (m&g sold out  Cry) Chicago is not presently available to the general public, which may be because PBS bought up the theater and will release the unsold tickets following their pledge drive.

Is that why the March 16th show in Chicago vanished from the CW and theatre's websites?
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54PM »

Hasn't aired locally and won't at least until the 17th.  That's as far as the online schedule currently goes.  My local PBS station is just showing the normal PBS programming every night, except for the local Christmas parade and then Texas A&M graduation on the 13-14th.  I can watch it on Monday since I also get the Houston PBS station and it will be airing then.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 12:05AM »

Is that why the March 16th show in Chicago vanished from the CW and theatre's websites?
Looks like it

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 12:07AM »

Looks like it

Very strange.  First I'v ever heard of any PBS station buying up a massive number of tickets.  I really am starting to dislike some of the games that PBS plays.  I know each station is independent, but other than the kindness Dayton showed to me by honoring my M&G purchase when they didn't have to, the rest have left me less than impressed.
Gribblie24

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 05:54PM »

Lisa Kelly was live in the studio of PBA 30 Atlanta for the showing.
  I  bet  she  was   excited  for  the  others.   Cool

She was quite gracious and and had very nice things to say about Meav, and the current members, including Mairead Carlin whom she hadn't met as yet.  She even mentioned she was a bit jealous.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 07:28PM »

Houston PBS just played several minutes from the show that was filmed in South Bend this year during the first break in for the pledge drive.

And I am just hurting like heck at not buying the M&G tickets.
edtom

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 05:50PM »

Binghamton/Elmira NY  WSKG:

Monday, December 2   8 PM  Cheesy

(Unfortunately, that will be the same time I'm at the Elmira Clemens Center Mannheim Steamroller Concert)  Roll Eyes

Also, Friday December 6  9 PM

I love Celtic Woman
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 07:48PM »

For the rest of Texas.

KPBT: Midland/Odessa, Texas
Wednesday, December 4th at 8:30pm

KEDT: Corpus Christi, Texas (Live pledge event was last night)
Friday, December 6th at 8:00pm

KCOS: El-Paso, Texas  (Live Pledge Event so possible M&G tickets)
Thursday Dececember 5th at 7:00 p.m.

KERA: Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas
Monday, December 9 at  7:00pm

KACV: Amarillo, Texas / Texas Panhandle
Saturday, December 7th at 3:00pm

KNCT: Kileen & Waco, Texas will not be showing Home for Christmas
KAMU: College Station, Texas (my home) does not appear to be showing HFC either, although there are a few gaps in their current program guide so it might still air, but I get the feeling it won't.  I e-mailed them to see if it would, just out of curiosity.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:43PM by AggieGuy » Logged
Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 10:08PM »

KETC in St. Louis is airing HFC right now. It is almost over, but you can still catch a few more songs if you turn on your tv right now!

Thanks, Shining Bright!
sammiesoprano22

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 04:21PM »

8pm tonight on WCNY Syracuse, NY

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55PM »

Just ordered mine last week. Can't wait to see it!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: