Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Error 11/26/13  (Read 18931 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: November 26, 2013, 08:09AM »

Hey guys,

For any of you who saw the error this morning and were wondering about it... Error 28 for a Simple Machines Forum means that the database has run out of room on on the server for whatever reason. We still had hosting space left so I emailed our host and they fixed it. At a guess? We hit the preset max for a database and they just upped the number for us. Thanks to Ed & Kevin who were up early this morning and sending me PMs letting me know something was wrong and to Frank, the Linux SE for our hosting company that deals with most of my support requests and fixes things ASAP.

aislin

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:58PM »

Thank  you ...  Cool I  noticed  the  same thing  too ,but  I  didn't  have  the time  since  I had  to rush  to  work . Hurray  for  the  tech team too.   Cool

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:01PM »

Thank  you ...  Cool I  noticed  the  same thing  too ,but  I  didn't  have  the time  since  I had  to rush  to  work . Hurray  for  the  tech team too.   Cool

I saw it as well, but I figured what it likely was since the forum I help mod had the same problem before and uses the same software as here, albeit a different version.  Thankfully its more annoying than anything and an easy fix.
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:53PM »

Thank you so much Linsdey for all that you do to keep the forum running smoothly Smiley
Just as an additional FYI, around 11:45 PM EST I got a Source Limit Reached error

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:45AM »

Thank you so much Linsdey for all that you do to keep the forum running smoothly Smiley
Just as an additional FYI, around 11:45 PM EST I got a Source Limit Reached error

I'll second that - not the error message, but the thanks message.  Wink  Appreciate your work to keep the forum up and running so we can get our Celtic Cutie fix.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 04:21PM »

I'll second that - not the error message, but the thanks message.  Wink  Appreciate your work to keep the forum up and running so we can get our Celtic Cutie fix.

I'll third that, for the thanks of course. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: