Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about seating!  (Read 8086 times)
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« on: December 30, 2013, 05:24PM »

I'm not sure where the appropriate place to post this is, so I hope here is fine! I'm about to purchase a ticket for the Akron, OH show of The Emerald Tour. There are two seats I'm pondering over. There is a seat available in the 6th row back in the orchestra section and one in the 5th and final row of the Loge. At which one would I enjoy the show more (weighing distance from the stage and view)? I've only been to one CW show before (at the Palace in Cleveland in April), so I need some advice!

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25PM »

IMO, the closer to the stage, the better so I would go with the orchestra section.  If any are an aisle seat, that is what I would get in case the girls perform Téir Abhaile Riú again.  Based on your username, I assume you're a guy (although I'm usually wrong when guessing), but if its an aisle seat, you might get a CW sitting on your lap.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:52PM »

I had Seat 1 at both concerts I attended this year. One was the Symphony Tour, so they didn't come out into the audience, and for the other one, I was on the wrong end - Chloe came out and interacted with the people at the other end of my row.

In my humble opinion from limited experience, closer is always better. I had 6th row in March, and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. But the seats in the second row in Atlanta were even better. There's nothing like being close. You get to see and hear all kinds of interesting things - like I could see Mairéad C's eyes darting back and forth as she was singing, trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible - and if you are close, it might be you.  Smiley On the really difficult notes, you could see them press their hands into their midsections to make sure they were breathing properly. You can't pick up details like that from way back.

Although I've never experienced it myself, I've talked to people who attended concerts and sat up in the balcony, and they said the sound was terrible. One guy even said he left before the show was over. Of course, it depends on the venue's acoustics, and not all are bad. Just something to keep in mind.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 01:38AM »

I would go w the orchestra seats. Def a show like that is best experienced closer! In the loge/ balvony's the sound isn't bad, it is actually equal throughout ( learned that the hard way!) even though some shows I would usually prefer loge/balcony seats to be safe but you'll like being closet better! And it's more or the seeing the stage and performers that would be the big difference! The only seats I would stay away from ( depending on the venue) is under the balcony. The sound is cut more that half it ses like! Good luck and let us know which you got!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:20AM »

like the others said, close is better so that you can see the faces, eyes, moves, etc. BUT....

if I recall correctly from the show I attended in Akron before at the State Theatre, they have some pit seats and then the regs, so 6th roe is more like maybe 10th or 12th? Its not bad but if you have to pay a lot and if money is tight, and IF you can save by getting the cheaper seat, then maybe its an option.

And this leads to an interesting question, at what point does it become better to save money and get a cheaper seat? I was at Riverdane in like row 20 and in retrospect I think I paid $100 and that was too much. Should have got the cheap seat, unless, of course, the premium I paid got me very close.

have you checked with Western Reserve PBS in regard to their seats and possible meet&greet? Their prices have historically been much MUCH better than 90% of other PBS stations. But beware WVIZ in Cleveland they charge more for pledges!

Good luck!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 06:58AM »

like the others said, close is better so that you can see the faces, eyes, moves, etc. BUT....

if I recall correctly from the show I attended in Akron before at the State Theatre, they have some pit seats and then the regs, so 6th roe is more like maybe 10th or 12th? Its not bad but if you have to pay a lot and if money is tight, and IF you can save by getting the cheaper seat, then maybe its an option.

And this leads to an interesting question, at what point does it become better to save money and get a cheaper seat? I was at Riverdane in like row 20 and in retrospect I think I paid $100 and that was too much. Should have got the cheap seat, unless, of course, the premium I paid got me very close.

have you checked with Western Reserve PBS in regard to their seats and possible meet&greet? Their prices have historically been much MUCH better than 90% of other PBS stations. But beware WVIZ in Cleveland they charge more for pledges!

Good luck!
lol ditto on all that!! And I was going to say the same thing sometimes its worth the few extra bucks to sit closer and I have paid a few dollars less for seat on the ground 3 rows from the back at a show before and also a few balcony ones and I do say it is worth the few extra bucks to sit closer and enjoy!  and yes I nearly had a heart attack when Robin from wviz emailed me w the price w m&g! Yeah definitely one of the more expensive shows! :p And yet my radio city ones where about half the cost! (well then I had money left for airfare!) but If you have someone to go w you could split the cost, makes it more easy to? Just an idea

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Louis97

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 08:51AM »

Thank you all for your advice! It has been most helpful!  Google Maps actually has their "street view" type thing within the theater: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=akron+civic+theatre&fb=1&gl=us&hq=akron+civic+theater&cid=1802323823160030758&ei=LNjCUoDBHbPRsAS2oYHwDA&ved=0CK0BEPwS According the view of the theater and the ticketmaster map, I think they have two rows of pit seats, which means technically my seat would be in the 8th row back.

Jack

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:18AM »

No contest----close is better!  Our first concert was 6th row.  Got to witness Meave rise up out of the mist in "that" red dress and I've been hooked ever since.  Since then we have worked very hard to get up front, M&G preferred.  I've said it before, being a CW fan is hard work, especially if you want to sit up front, interact with the girls during the show, and have a chance to meet them backstage. 
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 11:40AM »

I actually like the seats more in the middle. You can still see the girls. Also, the lights are way cooler when you aren't up in the front. For those who have always sat up in the front, you are really missing out! I saw them once near the front and decided from that point on that being that close doesn't work for me.
Louis97

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 11:58AM »

I actually like the seats more in the middle. You can still see the girls. Also, the lights are way cooler when you aren't up in the front. For those who have always sat up in the front, you are really missing out! I saw them once near the front and decided from that point on that being that close doesn't work for me.

At the concert in April, I sat in the Mezzanine and was mesmerized by the lights.

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 12:08PM »

I would say closer is better. In  2 shows, Lisa Lambe has reached down and taken me by the hand (once last year and once this year). Also, twice she sat in my lap during TAR on the front row.  Encounters like that are not possible further back.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:34PM by Starman » Logged

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 12:17PM »

Clearly, everyone has their own preferences, and all are valid. It just depends on what you like. For me, I was so mesmerized by the ladies, if you had asked me about the lights I would have said "Lights? What lights?"   Cheesy

No matter where you sit, it's an amazing experience. No matter how great the DVDs are (and they surely are), it's nothing like being there. The energy of the audience, the intensity of the atmosphere, and the jaw-dropping talent and beauty of the ladies, is impossible to capture, or even explain - unless you see, hear, and feel it for yourself.

My humble opinion.   Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Louis97

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 06:17PM »

Clearly, everyone has their own preferences, and all are valid. It just depends on what you like. For me, I was so mesmerized by the ladies, if you had asked me about the lights I would have said "Lights? What lights?"   Cheesy

No matter where you sit, it's an amazing experience. No matter how great the DVDs are (and they surely are), it's nothing like being there. The energy of the audience, the intensity of the atmosphere, and the jaw-dropping talent and beauty of the ladies, is impossible to capture, or even explain - unless you see, hear, and feel it for yourself.

My humble opinion.   Smiley

All preferences and opinions (no matter how humble) were of great value to me! I bought my ticket and it was the one closer to the stage (6th row). I experienced a mind-blowing show in the mezzanine last April and now I shall try a new closer location. I'm quite excited! Thank you all for your advice!

I was so excited I made a collage: (it can be seen from my twitter) https://twitter.com/LouisMarchand97/status/418121259293999104/photo/1

Sorgi

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 03:52PM »

closer tends to be better, but sometimes venue layout can work against you.  You can have front row in some venues and and up staring up at the edge of the stage and only seeing heads and shoulders of anyone on stage.  On average for most events I go to , the are from row 3 to 8 seems to be "the zone".  Though I have fairly long legs so being behind a row of seats can make me feel like I've been shoehorned into the seat.

-Dan

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50AM »

At the concert in April, I sat in the Mezzanine and was mesmerized by the lights.

One of the things you never think of until you experience it.

The best seats are dependent on the venue. The place I've seen CW the most often closer is not better. Farther away is! They changed venues this time when they come to my town, so I have no clue how good the seats are that I got.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: