Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting 2013 Irish Music Association Awards: 1/3/14 Deadline to Join  (Read 6214 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« on: December 31, 2013, 01:37PM »

The IMA has announced a deadline of January 3, 2014 by which to join the association and be eligible to vote in the 2013 voting, now underway:

Voting is now open! Members may now vote until 3:00pm CST (USA) January 12, 2014.Important Reminder!   Although memberships in the Irish Music Association are available throughout the year, you must be a registered member (in good-standing) by January 3, 2014 to be eligible to vote in this 2013 IMA awards.   See the website for more information. 
http://www.irishmusicassociation.com/irishmusicawards/join.php

Those intending to vote, be sure you are a member by the deadline in order to cast your vote! Membership at the Patron level, lowest level entitling you to vote, is $15.00.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:45PM by Starman » Logged

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:21PM »

The Celtic Woman nominees in the 2013 IMA awards are Meav in the Best Female Vocalist category and Tommy Martin in the Top Uileann Piper category.  Let's do what we can to help them win these awards!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 06:06PM »

Side  topic  John ......   When I  click  on the  "results"  part  of  each  award  category, I  have  been getting  "hidden"  results lately  . It  started  off as  me  being  able  to see the  results early  on of  the voting so  far , but  now  that  has  changed. Is  it  the same  for  you ?  I  know  Meav  was  ahead when I  was last  able  to view  the results , but  now  there is  no  way  to  tell.  And  yeppers...I  am  a paid  member.   Cool  Just  curious ......  Undecided 

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:22PM »

Side  topic  John ......   When I  click  on the  "results"  part  of  each  award  category, I  have  been getting  "hidden"  results lately  . It  started  off as  me  being  able  to see the  results early  on of  the voting so  far , but  now  that  has  changed. Is  it  the same  for  you ?  I  know  Meav  was  ahead when I  was last  able  to view  the results , but  now  there is  no  way  to  tell.  And  yeppers...I  am  a paid  member.   Cool  Just  curious ......  Undecided 

Yes.  I figure the results will stay hidden until the final voting.  It might be to our advantage in Meav's case for the opposition not to know if or how much they are behind.  From the IMA point of view, they may not want to discourage voters if one candidate appears to have an insurmountable lead.

Did Tommy Martin have a lead, the last we saw?  I saw he had the lead early on, but hadn't checked lately.  Huh

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:16PM »

Side  topic  John ......   When I  click  on the  "results"  part  of  each  award  category, I  have  been getting  "hidden"  results lately  . It  started  off as  me  being  able  to see the  results early  on of  the voting so  far , but  now  that  has  changed. Is  it  the same  for  you ?  I  know  Meav  was  ahead when I  was last  able  to view  the results , but  now  there is  no  way  to  tell.  And  yeppers...I  am  a paid  member.   Cool  Just  curious ......  Undecided  

Yes.  I figure the results will stay hidden until the final voting.  It might be to our advantage in Meav's case for the opposition not to know if or how much they are behind.  From the IMA point of view, they may not want to discourage voters if one candidate appears to have an insurmountable lead.

Did Tommy Martin have a lead, the last we saw?  I saw he had the lead early on, but hadn't checked lately.  Huh
I  had  checked  on  Tommy's  status  as  well as Meav's  before  the  site  starting hiding  the results . Unfortunately , he  was  not  faring as  well as  Meav .  Hopefully  that will turn  around. I  also  noticed  that Deirdre's  brother was  up  for  some  award too, but  not  faring that well.   if  Meav  hangs on,  (knock on wood) then  that  will make  the  four  vocal  CW  alumna  originals to have won the award in the last  5  years.  Orla  ( 2009) , Lisa K.  ( 2011) , Chloe ( 2012)  and  Meav???  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:09PM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 04:38PM »

Let's all remember to vote for Celtic Woman piper Tommy Martin in the Top Uilleann Piper category!!  Tommy won year-before-last and is now eligible for the award again!! 

The January 3 deadline to join the IMA may be mid-night Friday, but if you plan on registering and voting, I wouldn't wait until the last minute!  Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 12:41PM »

I agree with all that James and John have said here.  Also, please consider the Gothard Sisters on best new Irish artists.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39PM »

I agree with all that James and John have said here.  Also, please consider the Gothard Sisters on best new Irish artists.

Voted for them, though on your recommendation Hubert, since I'm not familiar with their music myself.  Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 10:36AM »

Thanks, John.  I really appreciate it.  I would recommend their "Compass" CD for anyone wishing to listen to some of their music.  Or simply get on You Tube and check out their many music videos.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 01:51PM »

Only twenty-four (24) hours left to cast your vote in the 2013 IMA awards!  If you're a current member and intend to vote, NOW is the time!  http://www.irishmusicawards.com/

The Celtic Woman nominees are Meav in the Best Female Vocalist category and Tommy Martin in the Top Uilleann Piper category!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 05:30PM »

Only twenty-four (24) hours left to cast your vote in the 2013 IMA awards!  If you're a current member and intend to vote, NOW is the time!  http://www.irishmusicawards.com/

The Celtic Woman nominees are Meav in the Best Female Vocalist category and Tommy Martin in the Top Uilleann Piper category!   Smiley Smiley Smiley
OOhhh...I  just  feel  strongly  that it  is Meav's turn to  win  this  year ...she  deserves  it  soooo much !   Kiss 

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 05:13PM »

OOhhh...I  just  feel  strongly  that it  is Meav's turn to  win  this  year ...she  deserves  it  soooo much !   Kiss 

So do I!  Voting is now closed.   We'll have to wait until the awards show for the winners to be announced.  It's sometimes a day or two later before they are posted on line.  The best way short of being there is to watch the live video feed.  Smiley

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:03PM »

The day of reckoning has arrived! The IMA awards ceremony will be webcast live at 3:00 p.m. CT on Saturday January 25, 2014:

http://www.irishmusicawards.com/

Tune in to see if Meav and Tommy are among the winners!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 09:50PM »

K33ping  my   fing3rs  and  to3s    cross3d  for  th3m .    Smiley

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 04:19PM »

In the IMA awards, streaming live now, we can report that Meav is this year's Best Female Vocalist in the 2013 Irish Music Association awards!  Let's all congratulate her here and everywhere else we may do so!!   Shocked Cool Cool

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: