Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emerald Tour Spoilers?  (Read 52386 times)
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 11:13AM »

There might be some new songs when Lynn returns. I hope she will have other songs. Her Dúlaman is nice, but that song gets a little over-used and Bridge Over Troubled Water wouldn't suit her very well. And the 1st act dresses look lovely, SO exited for the 2nd act dresses!
Agreed on Dulaman.  I love Lynn's rendition, but I think it'd be nice to see something different.  Imagine if they bring Carolina Rua back! Grin
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 11:25AM »

That would be cool, but I'd also like something COMPLETELY new. Maybe even something she hasn't sung yet. But of the songs she did before, I would love Suantrai or Summer Song.<3

And I love her Dúlaman, but her version is - for me - maybe the least interesting one. Méav, Lisa and Hayley sound all quite different, while Lynn's version sounds too much like Méav's.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 11:26AM »

That would be cool, but I'd also like something COMPLETELY new. Maybe even something she hasn't sung yet. But of the songs she did before, I would love Suantrai or Summer Song.<3

And I love her Dúlaman, but her version is - for me - maybe the least interesting one. Méav, Lisa and Hayley sound all quite different, while Lynn's version sounds too much like Méav's.
I didn't even think of Summer Song. Shocked  I'd love to hear that!  I mentioned Carolina Rua because it's cute and upbeat and it suits her really well.  I got to see her perform it on Isle of Hope and it was so fun! Grin  I guess we'll wait and see! Smiley

Breno

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 05:26PM »

There might be some new songs when Lynn returns. I hope she will have other songs. Her Dúlaman is nice, but that song gets a little over-used and Bridge Over Troubled Water wouldn't suit her very well. And the 1st act dresses look lovely, SO exited for the 2nd act dresses!

I do not believe they will cut Dúlaman when Lynn is back. About "Bridge Over Troubled Water", I really can't imagine her singing this. She could sing Suantrai or Scarborough Fair again.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 05:37PM »

I do not believe they will cut Dúlaman when Lynn is back. About "Bridge Over Troubled Water", I really can't imagine her singing this. She could sing Suantrai or Scarborough Fair again.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We'll just have to wait and see.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 05:51PM »

Actually, I hope they WILL cut Dúlaman. It's such a lovely song, but using it again and again makes it less special. It would be nice to have a "break" from it and bring it back later. Suantrai would be lovely, just as Scarborough Fair, but I'd like to hear something new. And well, I CAN imagine her singing Bridge Over Troubled Water, it would be nice. But not wonderful and I WANT wonderful.

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 07:54PM »

The Call (Susan)
Susan singing "The Call" solo?! Shocked So awesome! Grin
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 09:56PM »

The Call (Susan)
Susan singing "The Call" solo?! Shocked So awesome! Grin

I know!!! I can't wait to hear it!!!

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 10:02PM »

I would have like to have seen it deviate more from last years tour, a few more new songs, and bringing back Spanish Lady.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 07:50AM »

About SDS, is it the extended version? The version with the second verse where the girls sing, "Now let the day begin..." or just the studio version?
MaryNorth93
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 08:09AM »

I'm absolutely thrilled about the return of The Sky, Dawn & Sun. Grin I never got to hear it live. Also excited about Newgrange & Si Do Mhaimeo I. The dance pieces sounds also fun, that's something on which they've definately improved over the years. More showtime for the other touring members.

I'm quite suprised to see that Scarlet Ribbons is gone. Mairéad had a lovely introduction about the song on the European tour last year, and it was really well received. Thought that would become her showcase song. Well, I Know My Love is one of my favorite songs, happy to see it on the list.

Sad to see that Máiréad doesn't have an slow air though, and that the Finale Encore is gone (according to an review on the Máiréad-forum, it's now an reprise of The Call) Never guessed they would drop that one.

But what I actually really hoped for was an brand new solo for Susan. She has been doing old songs on all the tours, except for HfC. After her glorious version of It Came Upon A Midnight Clear, I excepted an at least one new song for her this tour.

But you can't please everyone. If they return to Europe, I'll be there.  Grin

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 09:18AM »

Dis they keep the voice over intro of SDS too?

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Breno

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23PM »

Actually, I hope they WILL cut Dúlaman. It's such a lovely song, but using it again and again makes it less special. It would be nice to have a "break" from it and bring it back later. Suantrai would be lovely, just as Scarborough Fair, but I'd like to hear something new. And well, I CAN imagine her singing Bridge Over Troubled Water, it would be nice. But not wonderful and I WANT wonderful.

Well, it seems that they will keep Dulaman. For the second act, Lynn probably will sing My Lagan Love, according to the official setlist, where it is written "Bridge Over Troubled Water / My Lagan Love". I saw it here: http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6421.15
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07PM »

That's rather disappointing... Bridge would have been more exiting, after thinking about it. My Lagan Love is lovely but I want new songs. New songs for CW would be the best but at least new songs for Lynn!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 01:09PM »

It'll be weird seeing Lynn sing Dulaman, If that is her first act solo. Lisa was always so flashy and vibrant with it. And the spoons! How will Lynn come back to do that one again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: