Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stage door?  (Read 16727 times)
LisaKellyManiac

Proud sufferer of OCCWD, OCLK, and HWD <3

« on: February 15, 2014, 07:48PM »

This is more of a general tour question...I was wondering if I waited at the stage door of the theatre, would the girls eventually come out? I've always waited at the stage door after like musicals and theatre stuff and met the casts that way so I was wondering if I could do the same thing with CW and not pay for M&G?

Hayley's grace   &
Lisa K.'s power  &
Celtic Woman's beauty and magic

<3 <3 <3
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:53PM »

Misha's done it once, and it paid off big time. Info here: http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=18835.0

I was going to adopt the same idea for their tour stop here in Saskatoon.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 07:59PM »

^ see Jerad's post  Grin

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 08:02PM »

yes they will come out as long as there bus's are parked back by the stage door. We met them in Milwaukee last year at the stage door got to talk with Lisa L and Mairead N for like 15 to 20 mins they were great Just ask my granddaughter

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:04PM by Glen » Logged

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:03PM »

Just make sure you don't do anything to irritate security.

When I was leaving the Dallas Christmas show, I saw 3 girls slip through a partially opened gate and to what I assume was the stage door since the girls' tour bus was parked over there as well.  Right behind them were a couple of security guards who I assume proceeded to throw them out.

I'm sure each venue us different in how they treat people near the stage door.  I know in San Antonio the door opens right to the sidewalk and the girls always meet some of the fans afterwards.  About the only reason I still think about going to SA.
LisaKellyManiac

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:08PM »

yes they will come out as long as there bus's are parked back by the stage door. We met them in Milwaukee last year at the stage door got to talk with Lisa L and Mairead N for like 15 to 20 mins they were great Just ask my granddaughter

How long did it take for them to come out? Thank you all bunches for responding!

Hayley's grace   &
Lisa K.'s power  &

<3 <3 <3
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 08:18PM »

25 minutes or so...be patient!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
GlenS

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 08:43PM »

by the time we walked around that big building we waited like 10 min is all

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 10:47PM »

I'd be too scared to do it, because I don't wanna get in trouble. That would ruin my whole night lol. I know. I'm a wimp.

GlenS

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 10:53PM »

The one thing you have to do is stay on the sidewalk by the street as that is public space and they can't tell you to get. When we seen the girls by the stage door the guard told us to get back on the sidewalk so we did and the girls came to us

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32AM »

The one thing you have to do is stay on the sidewalk by the street as that is public space and they can't tell you to get. When we seen the girls by the stage door the guard told us to get back on the sidewalk so we did and the girls came to us

Haha your guards sounded cool!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 03:25PM »

Like Glen said, the girls were fabulous in Milwaukee Smiley
It was super cold though.. at least I was cold.. Cheesy
Lisa Lambe came out in just a sweatshirt and was sooo cute!  She was really cold as well, so I asked her for a hug, we held on to each other for a few seconds.. we were both freezing haha

Some forum members and I waited at the stage door in Dayton, and the girls unfortunately came out really fast and went right to the buses.. we got some waves though.

I did, however get to meet the fabulous Sarah Gannon Grin  she recognized me from Twitter and I got a wonderful hug from her..
Waiting at the stage door does pay off Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
LisaKellyManiac

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 12:39AM »

How long would it take if a show had M&G after? Hoe long do those take?  Tongue

Hayley's grace   &
Lisa K.'s power  &

<3 <3 <3
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 02:30AM »

The meet and greet format has changed and now is a rather rushed affair before the start of the show (about thirty mins in length with strict rules such as 1 pic/no autographs). This is part of what made my stage door experience so special, because I was told that due to there having been a meet and greet prior to the show, the girls couldn't say hi/take pics/give autographs by the bus as it wouldn't be fair. The girls made their own decision (eventually supported by tour staff) and did spend time with us, me in particular. It seems like on this tour they are rather receptive to fans who wait patiently and are respectful to them as they come out the stage door but I have no personal knowledge of this quite yet as my stage door occurred last year. Just keep in mind that there are no guarantees but it can pay off.

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 10:11AM »

Just make sure you don't do anything to irritate security.

When I was leaving the Dallas Christmas show, I saw 3 girls slip through a partially opened gate and to what I assume was the stage door since the girls' tour bus was parked over there as well.  Right behind them were a couple of security guards who I assume proceeded to throw them out.

I'm sure each venue us different in how they treat people near the stage door.  I know in San Antonio the door opens right to the sidewalk and the girls always meet some of the fans afterwards.  About the only reason I still think about going to SA.

Eric, we were fortunate last May at San Antonio.  I got to meet some choir and band members and they were all great.  They hung around for quite a while before they had to leave.  Our concert was a Sunday afternoon affair.  This year the San Antonio show is a night time event so I don't know how that will impact the amount of time they can visit with fans.  Ha, maybe we will get lucky at Houston and get to visit with them.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: